What program do use to listen to music? I use mpd and ncmpcpp

What program do use to listen to music? I use mpd and ncmpcpp.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/dpayne/cli-visualizer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Vlc.

Runs great for video and music on my trusty old d2550.

clementine

cmus

Any reason I should switch to ncmpcpp?

cmus = best

iTunes like every normal human being

>normal
Most people aren't gay though.

Rhythmbox

Not really, it's more personal preference. Use what you like :)

What are the advantages of a music player in a command line?

MPC-HC

You don't have to combat a GUI to play your music.

Less bloat really. Lighter on resources too. And I also think it looks cooler, but that's personal preference. I can also easily get lyrics for my songs.

Music library browsing is way better with keyboard

I use a walkman from the 1980's and a big box of tapes my grandfather gave me. Mostly Sousa marches. Get on my fucking level

I use deadbeef, I like it. It's the closest thing to a FOSS foobar2000 we'll get I think.

>using a client-server model program written in C++ and requiring you to pull in the entire fucking Boost library and more so you can get half-assed special effects and graphics and from fast Fourier transforms... In a terminal.
>just so you can listen to switchfoot
lol

Foobar

>lol
lol

Lollypop is pretty good despite a lot of lag in certain places

Why does unity look so nice when flat themes like numix or the theme in the OP is applied to it?

I don't use VLC but I feel guilty sometimes that I still don't have my music organized into some type of playlist ;_;

I just look through folders of my music in my file browser and play it through MPV.

Filtered

VLC Master race.

THANKS YIFY

afplay

MPC-Qt

Foobar

winamp

iTunes and Spotify

Normie as fuck.

foobar, and I don't even rice

youtube

Cantata with mpd backend

smplayer

ZZzzzz....

ncmpcpp

I need something to use for Windows after I stopped using iTunes, anyone got a recommendation? Don't want to use foobar.

There are none, specific to ncmpcpp I like the music player and it doesn't matter whether its GTK or terminal based to me, though the latter is less buggy if done right. I like it because of the way it works, you make your playlists and they're stored in plain text as a file, then you just add each song to the main playlist and that will be played. So if you want to play a whole playlist, there is no "now playing" track per se, you just add it to the main playlist.

>128kbps

clementine or musicbee

Xresources is an easier way to keep everything looking homogeneous than a GUI theme unfortunately.

GTK just requires a single theme for 2 and a single theme for 3

clementine's good, thanks my dude

cmus > eveeything

None. The GUI "bloat" is a lie because that's about 10-30MB worth of RAM

cmus master race

are you poor lol? I use iTunes

foobar2000 of course

ffmpeg alpha master race

ffmpeg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else

I use ffmpeg for all music file related tasks except playing. cmus wins in that regard.

ffplay is comfy as fuck, there's nomreason to use anything else.

Usually ncmpcpp, but I occasionally use ario and audacious. Foobar on windows.

>program for playing audio
>here's what it looks like

fags

Actually, most of the time I use Rockbox on my Clip++

deadbeef on linux, foobar on windows.

Foobar.

are you blondie?

Winamp for life.

This is being fed to a FM transmitter so Stereo Tool is indispensable. Perfect Declipper + Breakaway would probably be better though.

the only reason I switched from cmus to ncmpcpp was the visualizer.
cmus is really godd

I have VLC on Windows but it's considered a security vulnerability.

I use my zune 30

Cantata just works

>wanting drm
>wanting shit playlist management
>wanting backup software in your music player
>wanting a web browser in your music player
>wanting to have to sign in to play music

kys gayboi

Well look at what he's playing. His taste in music is just as bad as his taste in software.

play me some audio right now user

foobar 2k, it just werks

I use Daum PotPlayer. Along side Audigy software.

I use MOC, because having a music library view is pointless when you actually maintain a decent file hierarchy.

>using anything other than VLC

faggot

Would use mpd and ncmpcpp but I am very happy with Music On Console.
Best themes.
Best playlist management.
Really easy.

When you do things with the keyboard you have less pain and focus on enjoying the music. Is pure inspiration.

Not for people scared with the console, but I admit moc is an entry level music player. You can have pretty advanced features but knowing how to start music, stop and add it to the playlist is all you need.

Now, when you master the CLI or TUI music player that have things like scripting, that is something you CAN'T compare to GUI players.

Imagine having preselected playlists you can switch by only the touch of the keyboad. Is magic.

No.

DeaDBeeF is phenomenal

Google play music for streaming stuff or the built in windows 10 music player whatever it is called these days.

My PC isn't shit so I don't need some stupid lightweight music player to listen to Justin beiber mixes while feeling like a hacker kiddie

>128
>Switchfoot
>Chrome

okay, this is some good bait.

Who MusicBee Herrenrasse here?

Foobar. No better player for Wangblows

github.com/dpayne/cli-visualizer

>tags are all fucked up

I don't really bother anymore. I just log stuff in RYM and choose what to listen to based on what I find from RYM

Pandora One or Winamp: Desktop
GMMP: Android

MPC-HC and MusicBee

i dont listen to music

Because I like having an MPD server running on my file server so I don't have to copy 50 gigs of music on all my machines.
I can use a client to access the server and it works much better than any other GUI based solution

upload a pic of your music collection and / or / your music collection

mpv

mps-youtube and mpv

>listening to music
grow up

Try aimp