AMDOMINATION

>underclocked rx480 is faster than gtx980
>only $199
this shit is dank

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2016/06/10/if-this-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-benchmark-rings-true-amd-has-hit-a-home-run/#6e751a5d440b
youtube.com/watch?v=O_qg2PITCts
strawpoll.me/10461006/r
cooln.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=38&wr_id=741569
techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1070/22.html
overclock.net/t/1602760/some-rx-480-4gb-stuff-leaking-out-1080mhz-clock#post_25248613
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FUCKING DELETE THIS

SOURCE???

it says in the picture

Underclocked?

It's only running at 1080mhz in the pic but it should run at 1266mhz when it launches. Boost clock was probably disabled with the early drivers.

>steady increase in 28nm chips
>dat leap with 1070 and 1080

DELETE THIS

480 IS A 290 REBRAND
IT WILL NOT BE FASTER THAN A 390 YOU FRICKING FRICKS!

lol it's running at 1266mhz

>believing the gooks

Lol

nvidia is made by gooks too.....

Assuming perfect clock scaling (which would be crazy) 1266mhz puts it at over a Fury levels of performance.
Even with bad clock scaling, just 10% performance for the 17% overclock to 1266mhz from 1080mhz puts it at Fury levels of performance.

So all the rumors were true, this is basically a Fury for 200$.

Nvidia's fucking done, NOTHING they have or will come up with can compete at that price to performance. Cut down 1080 dies would eat their margins alive, taping out new chips would take at least 3-4 months.

NVIDIA IS DEAD

DEAD

IT'S OVER FOLKS

this one was a 1277 mhz one and it only has a 100 score increase. IPC must be trash.

D-DELETE THIS

I'LL RELEASE THE SHILLS!

DELETE THIS NOW!

Same drivers?

forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2016/06/10/if-this-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-benchmark-rings-true-amd-has-hit-a-home-run/#6e751a5d440b

wasn't the 980 really underpowered anyway?
most people just bought titan x's

If you overclock a 100 mhz card to 101 mhz it will technically get a 1% perfirmance increase, ipc is not some magic value that relates to overclocking

Memory dependent tests dont get affected only if they depend ONLY on the memory

>Boost clock
AMD doesn't use boost clocks. If it says 1266Mhz it runs at 1266Mhz

this post with its picture is literally a picture of nvidia right now

i assume so

>490/490x is 5 months away
hurry up already

>forbes
got a non-meme site?

AMD has dynamic clocking similar to Nvidia but it isn't nearly as aggressive and can be disabled through drivers.

So, we have two sources posting the same thing. That's pretty nice. I mean, I'm not buying it, but I'm sure recommending it to my brother. If only AMD had good Linux drivers, then I'd switch in a heartbeat.

>what is bibelining
>what is cache coherency
>what is texture bus delays
>what is thermal throttling
it's never that simple, friend

I wonder just how much coil whine this piece of shit will have

AMD cards whine almost as much as their fanboys

I'm going to upgrade from my r9 290 reference to an Rx 480 just to get away from this hot loud mess. Aftermarket coolers for the r9 290 were like $100 anyway.

not as much as gtx 970s

>what is AMDGPU
I bet you're still on a 3.x kernel

AMD cards can dynamically reduce clock to hit a power target, but the max clock is fixed value. That would be 1266MHz on the 480.

>linux user
>speaks
why does this keep happening? :^(

show me an amd card that as more coil whine than a 970 top kek nvidiot

Nah, I'm on 4.5.5. AMDGPU is nice, but I don't know how it fares with things like the Dolphin emulator and whatnot. Phoronix released a recent comparison with AMDGPU Pro and Nvidia drivers the other day showing how much work AMD still needs to do.

Most Feral games still don't work with AMDGPU, neither with Mesa, nor with the proprietary AMDGPU-PRO blob.

XCOM 2 just crashes silently with both AMDGPU drivers. The new F1 2016 port is Nvidia only.

Civ V and Civ BE however work very well with AMDGPU

that really isn't impressive considering its nearly a 200mhz overclock. maybe it can overclock to the moon though. you never know.

that's because that big patch that ties the AMDGPU kernel stuff to the userspace isn't in yet.

>its a supreme price/performance but useless if you want to upgrade episode

Why cant AMD pull the finger out and have the 490 out on time?

Im stuck with my 980ti for now.

or maybe the cpu is slower

AMD waits until more have bought the Nvidia 1080 so we can drink more Nvidia tears later when the 490 destroys it

>1070 is 90% more expensive but only 30% faster
>1080 is 200% more expensive but only 60% faster
Nvidia has to cut prices.

That's a shame. Still, it's nice to have Civ at least.

Right, is it that huge pile of code of tens of thousands of lines? I remember reading something along those lines, something about Linux developers rejecting it since it was too lengthly.

I remember this one time my samsung laptop screamed during a loading screen at 300fps for a second. Turned out to be coil whine? Freaked me the fuck out. Loved that HD7670m though, worked great.

I'm atleast partially autistic.

I have been on this board for longer than I can recall and I still love this shit.

sides in orbit

love you people

why when they have an army of shills ready to defend them at any moment?

>AMD is 50% cheaper and 1000% shitter

>tfw Vega shits on the gtx 1080 for $450

Not really. Everyone knows past a certain point you're paying more for premium and less for value

>rx 480
>$250
>66% the cost of a gtx 1070
>~50% slower

nah i'd rather get the 1070, thanks.

I know it isnt

Thats why i said technically

Also thermal throttling isnt important dude unless you run a 300w card fanless

it's already been confirmed by adored tv (aka jesus to amd fanboys) that it's 8 months away at minimum, closer to a year.

>>$250
wew lad. Delusions must be fun.

>~50% slower
Nigger at least make it sound believable.
When did Nvidia turn into Apple? Was it with the first Titan?

The 4GB variant in OP is $200 and if you actually did the maths it's 33% slower than a $380 1070.

shitiness is objective
>12.5% more memory than 970

As someone who is waiting for Vega, you're dreaming if you're getting anything for less than $600 since it'll carry HBM2.

are you dumb? its the 480 @1080 also it shows the 3194 points first row to the left..... fuck of nvidiot

>rumor with no source
>confirmed

it's 41% slower than the 1070 in a game which everyone knows heavily favors amd. in real world games that aren't shitty glorified benchmarks (aots), the 1070 will be even more ahead.

>adoredtv is only a reputable source when he delivers anti AMD news
just stop.

1070 is 41% faster i mean*

>muh memory
>muh performance
>muh value
all of those are nice but they mean nothing when your card is literal poo-in-loo tier garbage engineered by curry munchers between gang rapes where they force their comically small penises into any woman, animal or tourist they can find and squeel "YES, YES BE THANKING TO YOU AY EM DEE, MANY BLESSINGS AY EM DEE!"

like Fury X, the overcloker dream...

so basically
>adored tv is the only reputable source when delivering anti nvidia/intel news eg his master plan videos
but
>adored tv is worthless trash when and isn't reputable at all when talking about actual facts and figures that don't favor amd

I'll go amd with my epic gaming build xD
from this moment fourth i shall embrace the merge of Sup Forums and Sup Forums

How much does fucking overwatch cost?

>thermal throttling isn't importnat
wat

B8

he used an interview with one of the head guys at amd as his source which pretty much confirmed its not out this year.

where's your sources proving its out this year???

Just keep your card cool. Simple as that.

No, it's not bait. there is no point in trying to have technology based discussion on Sup Forums anymore. the tech support threads and GFX card threads reign supreme now.

Might as well embrace the new Sup Forums.

he's already proven himself to be an unreliable source for insider information/leaks. i'm not subscribed to him like you who probably sweats while watching his videos in fear of what AMD has next up their sleeve.

>underclocked
[citation] pls

well no shit. thats why you should care about thermal throttling. for example look at the reference cards or "founders edition" in this case. you probably dont want to get those because of their shit fan and thermal throttling.

leaked benchmark showed the temps of the 480 while runing the benchmark and it was around 40°C so far far faaarrr away from being hot.

>>>$199
$199
WALLET
A
L
L
E
T

>nvidiot
in what way do i sound like i support nvidia? go back to bed you fucking retard. its people like you who make amd users look like fucking idiots

the source is in the bio of this video

AMD CONFIRMED 80% MARKET SHARE BY YEAR END

NVIDIOT SHAREHOLDERS ON BASEJUMPING WITH NO PARACHUTE WATCH

>RX480 4GB $199
>RX480 8GB $249
>GTX1070 $379
>the GTX1070 is ~40% faster and draw less power
>amd cuck take the RX480

Should I get a Fury Nano for 300 burgers right now or wait for RX480?

wasn't really talking about the 480. just generally you should be concerned with temps

>he's already proven himself to be an unreliable source for insider information/leaks

that's not what literally every other amd fanboy poster in this thread believes. they worship him like a god.

>i'm not subscribed to him like you who probably sweats while watching his videos in fear of what AMD has next up their sleeve.

lol no. i've disproved his theories so many time in his comment section that he automatically deletes my comments now.

autism.png

Fuck off nvidiot

>it's a ... episode meme
Still watching that show eh?

wait for official benchmarks and then decide

strawpoll.me/10461006/r

You forgot to account for the 51% efficiency v.s. 98%+ for the nvidia, but you obviously have no clue how anything even works so I realize this post is pointless.

source is this senpai
cooln.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=38&wr_id=741569

>draws less power
don´t know how you come to think that x70 draws tons of more power. than the 480

>51% crossfire efficiency of two cards
>crossfire utilization =/= single card utilization

one card could have had 90% utilization and the other could have had fuck all utilization. that means nothing.

Facts. The 1070 draws almost 300w while the 480 is limited to 150w at the most and actually uses 96w in stress tests in practice.

Both draw 150w but the 1070 is faster...

techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1070/22.html

overclock.net/t/1602760/some-rx-480-4gb-stuff-leaking-out-1080mhz-clock#post_25248613

youtube video:

not OP. I saw this at ocn earlier today.

That's literally the point retard. At best if you were to use anusmath like previously you'd have to pretend that the RX480 is actually delivering 68.2 FPS, making it 39% faster than the 1070.

>People had more than one thing to say about this

This never happens. Obvious shilling AMD BTFO xwDDDD

>strawpoll.me/10461006/r

If you have a 960/380x or worse it is a massive upgrade for only 200$.

If you have 970/290 up to a 390x/980 it's a slight upgrade with way, way less power usage.not to mention 40-50c temps while being maxed out... That's fucking insane