How do you compile something?

I know nothing about this and I'm just clicking the buttons.
I want to compile PCem, but I don't know what to do and where to click.
Help

Other urls found in this thread:

bitbucket.org/pcem_emulator/pcem
lmgtfy.com/?q=How to compile source code linux
pcem-emulator.co.uk/downloads.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo

I'm serious, tho.

guys?

That would definitely give you a crash course in compiling software

i dont know anything about compiling

At least link to the fucking source repo.
Why would you want to use that when you can just install virtualbox and use the addons for 2D/3D acceleration?

bitbucket.org/pcem_emulator/pcem
It's this

What does README mean to you?

it's empty

git clone bitbucket.org/pcem_emulator/pcem
cd pcem
./configure
make
make install

It's empty and there's no list of dependencies or the like that I can immediately see. What a bunch of fucking yokels.

Okay, basically what you have to do it gather whatever libraries they are using, the use a terminal/command prompt to go into direct and run make to execute the makefile. This will be significantly easier if you are on Linux, as most of the tools (gcc/make) come with it, else you need to download mingw32 for Windows, and then add the libaries required by the Project to your %PATH%.

lmgtfy.com/?q=How to compile source code linux

thanks, i'll try that

jesus fuck you dumb faggot

>windows
You're only making this harder on yourself.

Okay, I SERIOUSLY recommend you try and find a compiled binary, as you're only going to get frustrated. You need MinGW, it comes with make and gcc for Windows. There's setup instructions online.

i want to compile because i heard you get better performance if you compile the thing yourself

pcem-emulator.co.uk/downloads.html

Look into how to use a makefile then. Also looks for any libraries required. This is really the only advice I can give you, good luck!

Okay, thanks