Why does Linux Mint get so much hate?

Why does Linux Mint get so much hate?

Is it because it's entered Frankendebian territory?

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Articles/676664/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was compromised for one.

Non-free
Delays updates
Doesn't respect the GNU foundation

Non-free?

Mint installs proprietary software by default

No way to opt out of it like in Ubuntu's installer either

Tell me more. I am using it considering having a free software. The only thing I noticed is a modified Firefox version.

I was about to start a Mint thread. I just installed Mint 18 beta. Feeling real nice so far. Finally on that 4.4 kernel, which is nice

The fucking website was compromised. It could happen to anyone. That's a shit excuse to hate them.

It doesn't follow freedom software foundation requirements

Like?

>The shit I say is just true
>Don't expect me to give evidence

>The fucking website was compromised. It could happen to anyone. That's a shit excuse to hate them.
Directing people to download Mint ISO with a backdoor.

FSF are Freetards who want distros to offer zero proprietary software

This is why they only endorse super obscure distros like trisquel

Not much to say. In Ubuntu's installer there's a checkbox you can tick if you want Ubuntu to install things like Flash, MP3 codecs, and NVIDIA drivers

In Linux Mint's installer you don't get that option, and it installs Flash, MP3 capabilities, Java, and NVIDIA drivers by default .
I think Mint also installs Virtual Box's non-free drviers by default too

In mint 18, its optional. you get the choice to install or not to install all those extras.

Why is it a seperate distro?
It should be Ubuntu cinnamon, or cinnabuntu.

Since Mint 18 has the tick box too, are we all OK now??

so if mp3 is proprietry who is ultimately benefiting
also what to use instead?

It's pretty unstable and cobbled together by incompetent people. I'd rather get something made by people who know what they're doing, and actively contribute to Linux as a whole.

>Why does Linux Mint get so much hate?
lwn.net/Articles/676664/

As if the gnu deserved any respect.

Yes. But I think the point was, the original ISO's weren't, and the hack was through wordpress. Not inherently Mint's fault afaik.

>Using wordpress
>Not inherently Mint's fault
Kek

because of all that bloat and ugly as sin.

Trisquel is about as noob as a distro can be tho. Yet it respects freedoms 0 - 3, unlike Mint.

ignore the haters
they're just Jewish, be a good guy and pay for elementary os

Not sure why everyone else would hate it.

In my own experience with Mint, I found it unstable. I'd crash x-windows every other day and every time I rebooted it would switch graphics driverrs on me. Would not say I hate it, but certainly I would not recommend it.

is that why all my machines running mint dont show anything in the driver manager? because it automatically installs the proprietary drivers?