Keyboard key shit

I cant use my spacebar as its broken Is there away to set the "V" key to work as a spacebar please tell me how I can do this!

ps. Im CTRL+Ving spaces

but how will you type V then? on windows dl autohotkey

You dont need to type V much

use the onscreen keyboard scrub

When I run the sript in auto hot key

v::
Send,
Return

It dosnt work (after send i put in a space)

don't use V, use some other key like the - next to the comma

install gentoo

When I run that script it gives an error message that says

Error at line 3
Line Text: Send,
Error: "Send" requires at least 1 parameter

Use sharpkeys to re assign V into Spacebar in the registry

Autohotkey is shit, really. i had to come with it for an year since my LALT key stopped working and i assure you that sharpkeys is years and years ahead

Right Downloading sharpkeys but any of you guys know the command on autohotkey for when i press type space?

In sharpkeys how do I make it run?

Just buy a new fucking keyboard

/thread

> sharpkeys

> Things that SharpKeys will do:
>
> Map an entire key to any other key - e.g. you could remap Caps Lock to a Shift key
> Remap more than one key to one single key - e.g. you could remap every key on a keyboard to the letter Q
>
> Things that SharpKeys will not do:
>
> Allow you to swap two keys with each other - e.g. you can’t have Q and Z swap places because the remapping code would get confused
> Map multiple key presses to one key - e.g. it will not support an attempt to remap Ctrl+C to the F5 key
> Map mouse clicks to any key
> Support certain hardware keys that never make it to Windows - e.g. Logitech’s volume buttons or most Fn keys
> Support multiple mappings for different users - the Windows key being tweaked is for an entire machine
> Protect you from yourself - if you disable your DEL key and can’t login because CtrlAltDel doesn’t work now, you’ll have to reformat

So in which exactly department sharpkeys is superiror to ahk?

You can't remap a capital V because its the same keycode as a lower case v.

Remap one of the shift keys to space.

xmodmap -e "Keycode 55 = space"

Use xev to find the keycode.

+v::space
Shift+v will result in space. v and v with caps on will result in v and V respectively.

I got I working with sharpkeys now when i press\/ it dose a space thx guys! howe\/er it dosnt work in games on steam so Rip

I'm this guy. Seriously why don't you just buy a new one? I'm genuinely curious.

You have to use a key name instead of an actual space for special characters you retard

>\/
Literally lmaoing
Thanks for the laugh user.

not OP but im assuming its a laptop