/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>The Snapdragon 820-powered Galaxy S7 has gained root access [VIDEO]
phandroid.com/2016/06/11/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-root/

>Exynos 8890-powered clamshell from Samsung in the works
gsmarena.com/exynos_8890powered_clamshell_from_samsung_in_the_works-news-18772.php

>Apple to source Modem chips from Intel for the next iPhone
gsmarena.com/apple_to_source_chips_from_intel_for_the_next_iphone-news-18771.php

>Zauba Listing of OnePlus 3 Confirms $305 Starting Price
gizmochina.com/2016/06/12/zauba-listing-oneplus-3-confirms-305-starting-price/

>Sony Xperia X review: X marks the flop
theverge.com/2016/6/10/11889750/sony-xperia-x-review-price-phone-specs

>Google Says Marshmallow Memory Leak Is Fixed In A 'Future Release'
androidpolice.com/2016/06/10/google-says-marshmallow-memory-leak-issue-fixed-future-release/

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/csg/609089_32606700622.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for S7 exynos mustard race

If I want something with a good camera and long battery life with decent performance but at a reasonable price is the one+2 a good buy?

The OP3 is releasing in a few days, wait a bit. even if you won't get it, the OP2 price will go down.

I just got my s7 edge.
D-Did I do it right, Sup Forums?

Poorfag here, should I buy Xiaomi Remi note 3 pro ? Only got 250$ and currently using an Xperia M

Snapdragon or Exynos?

Yes you should. it's only $180.

aliexpress.com/store/product/csg/609089_32606700622.html

why do all phones look the same

i want a phone that looks different

nextbit robin will let you look like a special snowflake

Any advice on the S7 Edge, as in;

Tips and tricks, apps and themes recommendations?

ya but it's not good in any way

What's the best strategy to preserve battery life apart from replacements.

Try to keep it from going low?
Keep it charging anytime possible? (At 100% it should use AC and not the battery for power...)

Looks matter only for fags and girls.

Package disabler pro and Nova launcher from play store.
Dark material theme from galaxy apps store.

Avoid deep discharges. Avoid heat.

That's it.

if I remember correctly, you should charge it frequently. Repeated small discharges are better than longer ones for maintaining charge capacity.

I know how you feel. Need phones like the N95 again. Absolute GOAT

Coming from an HTC M8

Need
Expandable memory
Compact design
Long batter life
Good camera
No samsung

No budget what buy?

SHOULD I GET OP3

IM GOING TO ANYWAY FUCK YOU GUYS

>Don't want best phone on the market because memes

How bad of an idea is it to import an unlocked international Exynos S7 to the US?

Aren't they on amazon?

Exynos

You did good user.

Standard S7 with Exynos is perfect for what you want, disregarding 'no samsung' which is pretty dumb desu
If not I guess HTC 10?

I want to get an S7 but I genuinely think I will be fired from my job due to autism some time in the next 24 months and become unable to make contract payments.

Seriously considering buying SIM-free and just using pay-as-you-go data packs so I don't ruin my credit rating.

Man best thing I ever did in regards to phones is get off the carrier contracts/payment plan bullshit.

But does the 1+2 deliver on what I want?

How privacy-friendly is the Chinese MIUI7 ROM?
It does not have GApps. Does it have anything comparable installed that invades my privacy?

>tfw always went PAYG but got a contract for the first time in my life this month
Feels filthy

Oukitel k10000

>black bull

kek

chinese phones have had spyware before
disgusting

> get off the carrier contracts/payment plan bullshit.

Then what are your other options?

Anyone using android N and getting errors?

Just buy your phone outright and use it one whatever network you want.

I've got a Iphone 5s, i'm thinking about buying a 1+3 when it's released, should i? I fucking hate my Iphone due to it being general shit these days.

Well what do you look for in a phone?
>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

The OP3 is likely to be good value for money, but if anything goes wrong you'll be pretty screwed as customer support is near nonexistent.

>chinese phones have had spyware before

Isn't that due to the sellers, not the rom itself though?

Should I?

let it go, user
>i bought a "new" n86 8mp on ebay and got fucked hard. after it died in three weeks i found a corroded main board wht bodge wire repairs

>sd400
no.

The official roms are clear. can also flash CM13:

You guys think a note 4 Unlocked originally t-mobile for 200 is a good deal? I do.

Sounds good, how's the quality (scratches, dents etc)?

Either way its shady and puts me off

Is there a better phone for under $100 than pic related?

Just the camera lens on the back is off. Easily fixable. There's another guy selling mint note 3's for 125. Which one would you snag?

Note 4; it can be updated to Marshmallow unlike the 3, and will have better specs in general
Factory reset when you get it

also get a battery or two, one of the best features of it you won't see in modern phones

is it compatible with t-mobile?

And what's a legit site to buy it from?

LG G Stylo. Though both phones are pretty great. If you do consider the G Stylo, there's an 8gb version and a 16gb version.

Poorfag here, Should I buy the UMI Super. And if not, why?

Budget around 200 from europe simonly

I have a Moto G right now.

Its annoying because:
>No Android Pay
>No wireless charging
>THE HEADPHONE JACK IS AT THE FUCKING TOP! WHO THE FUCK PUTS THAT THERE?

I would upgrade for those reasons. But to what?

Maybe I could just wait for the iPhone 7.

yeah, but there is only one LTE band supported, which is dodgy.

Could another user answer this: Do certain areas use different bands than others? Like would Ohio use a certain LTE band, and New York would use a different one?

Cool, thanks. Would there be a better US carrier to use it with, or is LTE just kinda shit on this particular phone?

In ohio too. the area around columbus is pretty good for sprint's LTE. absolutely fucking shit for calls though, IMO.

whoops, wrong post quote

Does it matter?
S7 Edge is the best Android phone out right now.

>> inb4 muh touchwizz hurr hurr

>headphone jack at the bottom

bands 2 & 4 are supported so you should have LTE unless youre in a band 12 zone, which I am not. However Wi-fi calling doesn't work w/ or w/o Cyanogen 13.

Need a site, just get it off AliExpress. I'm the phamouse user who got theirs overnight somehow.

Exynos version is faster, has better ram management and better battery life. Also has unlockable bootloader and easy root. The 820 is still great though.

>plug headphone jack into top of phone
>put phone in pocket upside-down
>wire gets tangled on your thumb
>wire connector gets squashed and leads to loose connection

If you think that a headphone jack should go anywhere other than the bottom of a phone, you need to fucking drink bleach.

Apple put theirs at the bottom because they actually give a shit about UX.

Thanks man

Jokes on you, I use bluetooth headphones.

>S7 Edge

You realise that we've reached the Gillette phase of smartphone product development now and you're just buying Fusion Proglide phones for the stupid gimmicky bullshit like having a screen that curves off to the side for no fucking reason whatsoever.

They should actually add razorblades to phones going forward so people like you can cut your jugulars open while trying to use them.

zte axon 7 fucking when?

Does anyone know if the Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) works with a T-Mobile sim card? It's advertised to work as described by the eBay seller on eBay.
>pic related

N95, never forget. I played Quake on mine

I ordered one. 4000mAh, fingerprint sensor, card slot, and no shitty custom UI.

Looks good for the money

You done have to fucking buy it and having a gimmicky phone as no.1 helps the rest of the market in that better phones and ones that should be premium have less market so have to drop price.

The Mi5 pro is so expensive for a chink phone.

£250 and I'd have it now but waiting to see how the One+3 looks.

Bought a OPX to replace my Nexus 6

Couldn't stand the massive fucking 6" bullshit

>but LTE band 12

meh. my n6 never used band 12 in my city anyway

>You done have to fucking buy it and having a gimmicky phone as no.1 helps the rest of the market in that better phones and ones that should be premium have less market so have to drop price.

Your writing is as bad as your choice in phones.

>headphone jack on the bottom

is almost exclusively an apple thing. I can't think of an android phone that does this. please name one cuz i would love that.

It does, but no wifi calling

Same, you put your phone in your pocket bottom up so when you take it out it's upright

Why the fuck is it this way

>headphone jack on the bottom
>can't rest phone on self, desk, or dock with the headphone plugged in
>actually thinking this is good design

LG G4 is at the bottom - fucking annoying

Are you sure? Have you tested it? Could you email me bro to talk about it?

[email protected]

I'm currently considering upgrading from my nexus 5 to something a little newer. Maybe a nexus 5x or LG g flex 2. Don't wanna spend too much but it's difficult cause canadafag. Where should I look in Canada Sup Forums?

Does anyone know if the Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) works with Samsung Pay? With a T-Mobile sim card? I've been told it does, and ive also been told it doesn't

You with Bell or Rogers? Free Nexus 6p on a 2-year plan.

I'm currently with koodo and only paying like 30 a month, rather not end up paying like 80 a month for two years if I could help it

How much are you looking to spend user?

If I buy the phone outright im looking at around 300 Canadian monopoly money

You can get an HTC One M8 off Amazon unlocked for $320

Galaxy s7 edge

300 Canada monopoly = 230 USD you could get a Samsung S6. It's the only way to go personally .

My nexus 5 screen broke, do I need to replace the whole screen?

Is it better to buy the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro from Geekbuying or aliexpress? are they reputable?

Also, anyone seem to have experience with this phone's LTE/4g connectivity? It seems like it only supports one frequency on most carriers

yes you will have to replace the entire front panel assembly, as the digitizer (the cracked part) is fused to the display.

The part should cost you around 40 to 60 bucks, i suggest paying someone else to replace it for you.

You give them the part, and have them replace it for you. It's cheaper that way. It's really easy to mess up the super fragile ribbon cables if you have never done it before.

I took my new display assembly and broken nexus into a cellphone repair shop, and the can't-poo-in-loo indian charged me $35 to swap it out for me.

If i would have chosen to have him buy the part and replace it, it would have been $160 for the job, that's why i suggest you buy the part off ebay and take it into a repair place.

Or maybe you're a dextrous DIY kinda guy and have the skills needed to replace it yourself. I didn't have the required dexterity and patience to do it myself.

And does that mean the connection will be spotty or something? What does only supporting one frequency translate to in everyday usage?

T-thanks

I fucking hate touchscreens and shit battery life. Hate Niggerberries too. What should I get? It seems impossible to find decent phones nowadays.