My mother, who I love dearly (and has been using only apple products since the Apple II)...

My mother, who I love dearly (and has been using only apple products since the Apple II), has finally allowed me to make her a PC that would allow her to download movies, shows, browse Facebook, and various other mundane tasks on her 1080p TV.

Do you think this build is respectable enough to get her by for years to come (gonna put Rebellin Linux on it)?

1TB won't last long if she downloads a lot of movies and shows

Just get her a Mac mini you retard

Get an SSD.

Really?

my laptop has about 450GB on it, and i have a great deal of movies and tv shows on it.

They really only take up about a 1-2GB of data for a good 1080p/720p rip through debatably ethical means.

If it means anything, i'll probably buy her a netflix/hulu subscription or something, and schedule it so that old files are automagically deleted when the storage hits a certain amount.

At least get her matching RAM sticks and a proper internet connection user, not that little dogshit dongle

Also, this

>and a proper internet connection user

What do you have in mind.

I don't think that mobo comes with onboard wifi.

>good HD rip
>1-2GB
Stop using YIFY you faggot

Either a proper PCIe add-in card, or a rj45 cable like a sane person.

>8+4GB memory
remove that 4GB stick, 8GB is enough. you will not need 12GB of RAM just to run linux, browse facebook and watch 1080p movies. i can guarantee you that a component like the motherboard or PSU will die sooner than 12GB of RAM becoming necessary due to planned obsolescence (shitty capacitors, mosfets, etc.)

>allowing your mother, who you love dearly
>to use only apple products since the Apple II

It's like you don't even love you're mother.

it just werks

>rosewill + psu
Fuck that.
>case fan
for what reason, unnecessary expense
is your budget really 273.99 nigga

Tell her to get a fucking Chromecast or Apple TV.

just don't bother putting windows on there

$300 or less

Just get her a mac

This. You are a shit son, OP.

>>case fan
>for what reason, unnecessary expense

Oh, and i'm almost certain she's going to keep it in her drawer below the television. Just want to be safe with temperature is all.

obviously I could've just brought a Chromecast and called it a day, but I want to build a PC for my mother, and maybe try to teach her Linux stuff.

You're just going to make your mother unhappy, why are you so narcissistic?

Mac mini. Jesus Christ.

Build a hackintosh mini and dual boot Linux if you're so inclined on linux

Eh, maybe your right.

point still stands, however, that she would
benefit better from downloading movies rather than streaming them, and I would want her to have that option.

>love your mother
>only spending $300
There's a reason she's been buying Apple, expensive as it is. Potato masher budget desktops are only for mustards.

If you're going to assemble one, then do it with a balance of quality and budget in mind, $300 isn't enough. Don't be a cheapskate, I'm pretty sure your mother spent more than that on your childhood.

Get her a Mac mini or an Apple TV and stop forcing your autistic desires onto her

2 rupees have been deposited in your iTunes account Pajeet!

>Eh, maybe your right.
I am absolutely right. Do you REALLY want you make yourself tech support while lessening your mother's enjoyment of her purchase?

>rupees
>not rubles
cyka

Fuck being anyone's tech support.

Here's a better case.

what distro is this?

no team red case?

>implying distro matters when ricing

>desktop thread
Those aren't allowed on Sup Forums.
Get the fuck out.

You're absolutely correct.
This isn't a desktop thread, it's a consumer advice thread with desktop images thrown in.

>consumer advice
more like a apple shill thread