/re/

Let's have a reverse engineering thread. What is Sup Forums peeking at?

I'm looking into an Android app which uses a highly obfuscated JNI to sign requests.

I recently discovered Capstone/Keystone/Unicorn, a set of three libraries (which has lots of bindings but I use these with Python) with resembling APIs, used for respectively disassembly, assembly and emulation. I already used the first two ones for stuff such as suppressing calculated jumps, and started using the latter for dumping decrypted .data section and intercepting system calls. It's quite a pleasure to work with, you pass the raw code, load addresses, a few hook functions and it goes with running whether platform you are on.

Also, ARM is a great architecture and reading asm is more poignant than books.

Other urls found in this thread:

microcorruption.com/
root-me.org/
github.com/janbrennen/rice
ghostbin.com/paste/9q5f3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>ARM is a great architecture
Do you have four fingers on your hands? Because my thumbs remind me that ARM is cancer.

If you want /re/ to happen, be sure to have lots of beginner resources.

my 2 cents:
microcorruption.com/

I like the four bytes-aligned instructions thing but it's rather common to RISC.

For RE learning, I like root-me.org/ a lot, including the "App - System" and "Cracking" sections (but it is generally great for infosec training). However the wild has also tons of greats things to train on.

Also, what is your favorite x86 instruction? Mine is rdtsc. Catchy name and is mostly used for anti-debug tricks.

>favourite x86 instruction

Shit nigger

anyone knows what happened to reverse?

Cortana search. Working on neutering the telemetry botnet activity

post results

Anyone know if the Playstore has a bounty program for malicious apps?

Are you going to try to document the APIs used or are you doing higher-level research?

How do you even get into this field? This sounds like the coolest job in the world, but entry-level positions don't exist.

>What You Will Be Doing

>Multiple positions are available in the following areas:
>- Reverse Engineering
>- Vulnerability Analysis
>- Exploit Development
>- Offensive Information Operations/Information Warfare
>- Mobile Device Hacking

>What You Need for this Position

>Experience in the following areas is a strong plus:
>- Reverse engineering and general purpose hacking
>- IDA Pro, WinDbg, Immunity Debugger or other reverse engineering tools
>- Security vulnerability R&D
>- Code obfuscation, polymorphism, and anti-debugging techniques
>- Malware analysis
>- Linux programming in C/C++, Perl, or shell scripts
>- Operating system internals
>- Device driver development
>- Network protocols (DNS, HTTP, IPSec, VoIP)
>- Strong C/C++/Python skills
>- Mobile Hacking (Android and iOS)
>- Assembly-level programming

>What You Need for this Position

>Experience in the following areas is a strong plus:
>- Reverse engineering and general purpose hacking
check
>- IDA Pro, WinDbg, Immunity Debugger or other reverse engineering tools
check
>- Security vulnerability R&D
>- Code obfuscation, polymorphism, and anti-debugging techniques
check
>- Malware analysis
check
>- Linux programming in C/C++, Perl, or shell scripts
>- Operating system internals
big check
>- Device driver development
>- Network protocols (DNS, HTTP, IPSec, VoIP)
>- Strong C/C++/Python skills
check
>- Mobile Hacking (Android and iOS)
>- Assembly-level programming
check

think i could get the job?

I check each of these too but don't have the next requirements

>• A BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Other majors will be considered for the candidate with the desired skill set.

>• U.S. citizenship along with the ability to obtain a high-level security clearance

Would they not waive the whole education thing if you could prove you had the skills? Maybe not. I suppose security clearance == gov and they tend to be sticklers about that sort of thing.

>Would they not waive the whole education thing if you could prove you had the skills?
probably not unless you had an insider vouch for you. that's just the way the cookie crumbles. culture fit.

If you were already experienced outside the government, certain government agencies would be willing to skip over the requirement for the degree and high level security clearance (i.e. ignoring previous felonies). I'm not sure about citizenship.

Nigger buffet

Ching chong fling flong

Bing bong ping pong

I'm interested, op, how can I get into re?

And could you link me to the scripts used in your gif? Or at least name them?

Not OP.
Bottom left is htop, bottom center cmatrix, bottom right either cmus of ncpmwhatever, over the player looks like cava or another visualizer.
Upper right is pipes.sh. The rest at the top I dunno but looks like an animated ascii art issue is the one in the middle.

thanks kind user, but I was acutally looking for the first two at the top :3

>I'm interested, op, how can I get into re?
General paradigm: dive into whatever software you're curious how it works, for that, Google about the tools you need to disassemble or decompile code, use the tools, read the code, restitute or take notes about what you're curious about (the two large parts), Google more when you don't understand something. If you want wish to have details on a specific activity, you should specify whether you're looking into native code, Java/Flash application, a network protocol, hardware, knowledge needed for binary exploitation...

From a search on strings: github.com/janbrennen/rice

Does it count If I reverse engineering assci art?
ghostbin.com/paste/9q5f3

>assci
ascii

By playing around with Ski32 in IDA I noticed it has support for playing sound
But it's weird - I don't remember that game having sound.

I also sometimes open web pages in an hex editor in order the check the sure presence of a non-printable character

Penis cheese tastes good

Niggers?

Bump

>Ass-ic
Lmao