What's the industry standard CAD software?

What's the industry standard CAD software?

What's the photoshop of the CAD world?

Wong board?

depends on what kind of CAD

For making plans for making cabinets and furniture

go to -> /3/

>Doesn't know what he needs
>Asks Sup Forums instead of colleagues

AutoCAD literally.
It's the best and most expensive feature filled easy to use CAD program.
I just wished they made it work on linux.

>linux
Linux is only for servers.

nice meme

>AutoCAD
No engineer uses AutoCAD. Creo, Solidworks, NX, CATIA are all more commonly used in industry than AutoCAD. I dont know where this meme comes from.

Download the autocad student edition. It's super overkill for what you want to do, but if you really want to try something that's common in the "industry", it's the easiest thing to get a hold of.

Otherwise take a look at freecad.

Inventor and solidworks. Catia is too much for furniture. AutoCAD? Maybe... Although I see it more like an architecture/infrastructure urban planning kind of software, of course it would work well but inventor type of software would be much better (fixings database, automated BOM lists, 3d models, assembly manuals)

From complex to simple tasks
CATIA>Solidworks>AutoCAD

It comes from Sup Forums faggots

Blender, faggot.

JK, it's really 3DS Max.

Bentley Microstation

>I don't know what I'm talking about

Solidworks

Pirate solid works faggot

>My limited personal experience is the industry standard

Autocad

I learned solidworks and not autocad in college.

Literally ANY engineer uses AutoCAD except, especially in building and civil engineering

*Except you

That's not even close to true. Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Stanley Black & Decker use things like CATIA and Creo.

I learned solid works as well

Come on bro, at least try not to look like a dummy.

Autocad is some infuriating shit. Its UI doesn't follow the same logic as most windowd programs.

*BSD
BSD is only for servers, have servers running a hardened BSD like FreeBSD, LibertyBSD or even OpenBSD
GNU/Linux for actual desktop use and day to day desktop stuff. My setup is Debian for everything, CyanogenMod on mobile and FreeBSD on the servers

Thank you Trump, you made me buy pizza.

There is no industry standard.

AutoCAD, Inventor, MicroStation, Creo, Siemens NX, Solidworks, CATIA and many others are used.

There's always Bricscad.

Yeah for executive and definitive levels of design everyone uses BIM level software, for early stages nothing beats AutoCAD

Op if you're just designing furniture Sketchup is free and has a low learning curve. I've made several large pieces of furniture, a desk, cabinets, tv stand, and Sketchup worked great.

CATIA is pretty good

Solidworks my man.

CATIA can suck my salty balls

Sincerely, UG NX user.

Its official

This is how 'za should be eaten(excluding 'go style 'za with 'cha)

CATIA is hard to learn but the most powerful
Solidworks much easier to learn for a beginner.

Probably just stick with Sketchup for this kind of stuff desu.

not all CAD is 3D or for the same kind of shit that /3/ concerns retard

Most larger engineering firms use REVIT...