Why should I care whether my software is 'free' or not?

Why should I care whether my software is 'free' or not?

>so you can modify it
I literally don't care.

>so it doesn't spy on you
I literally don't care.

Then you're on the wrong board.

I dream of a day when you would receive a one-day shitposting ban with the reason "I literally don't care."

Go back to Sup Forums

Okay, bye

sometimes I wish I'd been born a normie white girl with sub-150 IQ who wouldn't care about shit like FOSS

So are you.

You cannot modify Sup Forums code. Sup Forums literally spies on you.

You don't care about technology either do you?
You only care about running your games don't you?

>You don't care about technology either do you?
No. Should I? I care about getting shit done.

>You only care about running your games don't you?
I don't play games.

You can be one though. Just say that's your "identity".

I don't care about freedumbs. All the weeboo virgins who do need to fuck off and stop bothering normal people on Sup Forums.

Ehhh I didn't say that.

I see Sup Forums talking about software freedom all the time. I'm willing to be convinced that I should care about it but I fail to see why.

If you care about getting shit done why don't get fuck right off to /gettingshitdone/?

This board is obviously not for your kind

This isn't a freetard only board.

Why are you so mad?

/thread

I am mad because this is a technology board only in name, it's full of faggots discussing GPUs, CPUs, Chinese goods, earphones, desktops and god knows what
Where are my microcontroller threads? Where are my HAM radio threads? Where are my electronics thread?

Obvious troll is obvious, film at 11

that's because Sup Forums is normie-tier consumerism tech threads.

OP just proved that he 100% belongs here.

I'm with you on that though

People stopped appreciating open software and hardware, so open hardware discussions stopped, while open software discussions linger through the GNU/Linux threads.

>Where are my microcontroller threads? Where are my HAM radio threads? Where are my electronics thread?
Why not stop bitching like a whiny little faggot and just create one yourself? If it's interesting people will start discussing stuff in it

What do you think I've been doing all the time I have been here? 90% of the microcontroller threads are made by me

I am the guy who posts this image often, if it rings any bells

Fair enough, you have to admit, in the vast majority of cases anons who post "Where are my X threads?" haven't ever considered just doing it themselves

what are you doing in there? looks like a bomb, so I already tipped the FBI

Dude, that's obviously a clock

I don't think so; enjoy guantanamo, omar

It's an image showing my successful experiment in which I managed to install a Debian chroot on my phone, and setup everything so that i can compile programs for my microcontroller on my phone and flash them using the USB burner

Then why be at a TECHNOLOGY board if you do not care about it?

I study computer science.

If you knew anything about ham radio, you'd know it isn't an acronym. Post your call, faggot.

> i don't care

You're one of the good one's, user.People like you are the only reason I visit this shit hole anymore.

>>so you can modify it
>I literally don't care.
With free software other people who do want to modify it will keep it around longer than a corporation will. With proprietary software companies are quick to drop support for anything that's not bringing money in the door. Free software stays supported as long as people want it to be.

>>so it doesn't spy on you
>I literally don't care.
you should.

3 sentences, 3 logical mistakes

You don't mind using malware? Why is that acceptable to you?

>3 sentences, 3 logical mistakes
Plus "she" keeps using "literally" for no particular reason.

>I literally don't care.
>Sup Forums literally spies on you.
Honey, were you worried we thought you meant it figuratively?

>Sup Forums
>normal people
>implying you're not a fugly autistic retard

To call everyone else a cuck and slave ofc.

>>so it doesn't spy on you
>I literally don't care.
Idiot

this

>>valid reasons
>I'm a literal moron

Quality thread, OP.

I, also, literally don't care whether you can wrap your head around the benefits of FOSS or not.

This is why noone likes you. Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

>so it doesn't spy on you
Give me your email id and password, I will spy on you