RX470 RX460 have just been announced

The products include the Radeon RX 480 graphics card, which can run virtual reality on a PC for prices starting at $200 for a four-gigabyte version. AMD is also showing the Radeon RX 470 and the Radeon RX 460 cards. They go on sale on June 29.

The Radeon RX 480 can run games at a 1440p resolution and in VR settings. The 470 is geared for high-definition resolution games, while the 460 is targeted as quiet chips capable of delivering esports experiences such as League of Legends.

videocardz.com/61028/amd-announces-radeon-rx-470-and-rx-460

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/61028/amd-announces-radeon-rx-470-and-rx-460
youtube.com/watch?v=hjWSRTYV8e0
ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74093&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2177206
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Specs (unconfirmed)

Thoughts?

I saw a different version of this image in another thread and the 460 had more memory bandwidth than the 480. I think it was 296gb/s.

The pic is trash.

WOW, IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

>No Polaris card that can compete with a 3 year old GTX 780 Ti

How does AMD plan to survive?

TBC is a good spec

I just need to replace my HD 6870 for a 1080p monitor.
Which one ?

AMD won, it's over for nvidia

RX460 is probably gonna replace 750Ti as a cheap upgrade for dated PCs and HTPCs/ Mini-ITX builds (no 6-pin power connector required).

Probably cost around $100-120 too.

480 = 980/390X
470 = 970/390
460 = 960/280X

Performance wise, this is where it would be

What the fuck are you saying?

If the new 460 is under 80W and can handle 1080p 120fps on CS GO then I will buy 20.

The 480 overclocked outperforms the 980

They were advertising the 460 for eSports.
You know what else AMD advertises for eSports? Their APUs.

460 = APU tier performance

>1080p csgo

i thought it was better to play csgo at like 800x600 stretched or some shit

>1080p
no, it's 1440p or better now

at least get an SIPS/PLS/whatever panel if you HAVE to go 1080p

more like
480 = fury > 980
470 = 970
460 = 380 > 960

>videocardz.com/61028/amd-announces-radeon-rx-470-and-rx-460
How many stream processors is the RX 470 estimated to have?

There's no sense in releasing a dedicated card if it offers APU-tier performance, it'sobviously more powerful (probably GTX950+ level)

The esport audience? yes, was holding a tourney back then and every teams was changing their resolution to the lowest just to boost their fps to 299-ish.

I still need a cheap low tdp and powerful card for my regular costumer.

>hundreds of fps

I have 27" 1080p MVA+, I hate IPS panels (violet black, crystalline effect, IPS glow)

470 is the one competing with Nvidia's 50 series.

Finger crossed

Don't ask me, I don't play competitive FPS.
Most of them also changed their screen to 4:3 display from the panel even when I already used a 27" widescreen monitor.

I have a Dell U2311H
I like it a lot.

Neat. I'm finna get me an 470 now as my final 1080p solution for my old rig while I save up to make a better one.

The RX 480 have insane performances for a $230 GPU.
Vega will come in october and 2017 but if they keep going like that they will outperform the 1070 and 1080 that are the high tier GPU of Nvidia.
Will nvidia release something new ? Did they said which were their plans ?

>being this deluded
I've seen a bad 1080p IPS panel (shitty matte coating), but 1440ps are great. Keep shelling out for an objectively worse monitor.

because source engine makes everything look choppy as dogshit if you hit less than 250 fps w/ 59Hz monitor

4:3 makes the enemies hitboxes slightly larger

For counter strike its related to how the game handles its physics.

>one generation shows a 50% performance difference
Sure is synthetic benchmarks

>objectively worse monitor.

In 2013 when I bought mine MVAs were WAY better than IPS. Though I believe that tthey have improved since then.

How is that related?
CS:GO happen physics is in client side instead of server side?

>4:3 makes the enemies hitboxes slightly larger

only if you stretch the screen.

You're dumb.

>CS:GO happen physics

I need to go to sleep.

Would it make sense to go from a 290X to a Rx480?
Assusming you sell the 290x

Wait to see how much it overclocks.

>4GB almost as good as 8GB 1070
Fishy...

if you bought a 290x and realized you only play runescape then sure

that i do~

I was expecting a 490, 40-44 cu full polaris announcement. She reiterated the $100-$300 again today so where does $300 come in if Polaris is three cards with the 480 being the full chip at $200-$230.

shieeeet, I'm switching to ayyemdee if this graph is true

How can tablets even compete?

Maybe XT with 30% overclocks will be $300?

First of all, 120 fps is not enough for competitive CSGO. At least 300 fps is optimal on a 144 Hz monitor. Watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=hjWSRTYV8e0

Second, my old 7870 used to get around 250 fps in 5v5, so I think 460 should get at least that.

It's kind of a sidegrade, the 480 will probably perform better but not by a whole lot. The leaked benchmarks (not the fake one everyone has been posting recently) show it's about equal to a Fury. Plus you'll get lower temps and a lot less power consumption. You could probably sell your 290x for $200 right now on craigslist, and some chump will probably buy it.

Wait, what? They all go out on June 29th?

just wait out for Vega

>First of all, 120 fps is not enough for competitive CSGO.

I need something new to replace 20 of my old 7790.

>That pic

470 confirmed for P10 PRO, Nvidia is fucking slaughtered.

>wait
if I wait, i cant sell my gpu for 200$

Nah, I thought she said only RX480 releases on 29th

Sell it anyway, at least you won't end up with something worse.

That's personal preference. Some pros use 800x600 out of habit, they've been playing since 1.6 which was like 15 years ago.

Lots of people play at 1080p, I'd say 99% of the people that started in the last 5 years do. Realistically, it makes little difference in your performance, it's just a matter of habits. Additionally, CSGO is a CPU bound game, a decent GPU of the level of the 370 or 950 is enough to run at 1080p with a good CPU.

>P10 PRO
?

If I manage to sell my 280x I'm grabbing that r9 480.

News release is out:

ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74093&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2177206

It means RX 480 with 10-15% less performance, better overclocking and 60-70% of the price.

So what am I supposed to do about screen tearing?

>peasant trash cards

Ok.jpg

No fucks were given.

I was going to buy a 1070 but rx480 looks more and more compelling.

scotch tape?

>"Today only the top 16 percent of PC gamers are purchasing GPUs that deliver premium VR and Gaming experiences.2
>2. Based on AMD internal data and analysis only, as of May 2016.

Typically the pro versions of cards don't overclock better than their XT versions. Fiji pro is basically the only exception.

Funny. But seriously, if I play CSGO without any form of frame limiting, the screen tearing is ridiculous.

Aftermarket when? Fuck this reference shit, I want superior cooling.

The higher your fps and the higher the refresh rate of your screen is, the less noticeable the tearing is to the point you cannot see it. Thats the brute force method.

If you want a smooth singleplayer experience with below 60 fps go for a freesync or Gsync monitor.

You sure? I sure as hell remember Cypress, Cayman and Tahiti PRO overclocking better.
They're higher leakage than XT chips, by all common sense they would overclock more.

Possibly if you can get close to a value of $200 from the 290X.

I want to take a poo on the 480 and set the fan to 100%

>They're higher leakage than XT chips

Yeah i'm gonna need some source for this. Tahiti pro runs at more or less same voltage as XT, as does hawaii (and I assume fiji, but i'm unsure).

Goodbye 360, 750 Ti, 950, 370, 960, 380, 380X, 970, 390, 980 and 390X.

>970, 390, 980 and 390X.
>nextgen still GDDR5

Nope.

Would I see an improvement getting an RX 470 to replace my GTX 950? I feel like my Athlon 860K would bottleneck the crap out of an RX 480, so I'm just looking to get a decent performance boost without getting too unbalanced performance-wise.

yes

Yeah that HBM sure did help Fury X

Oh wait it didnt

If you weren't so stupid you'd realise that it did.

You're gonna need a very big sample size to compare in these cases but historically all scavenged chips would be higher voltage due to the larger voltage range companies target them at, for example an XT would be targeted 1.1-1.19v while PRO would be 1.1-1.24v, thus generally leakier chips but not always, thus, higher leakage.
Though it isn't strange for a PRO chip to have lower voltages than some XT chips, it's really all lottery

How is that related to nextgen AMD and Nvidia lineup?

Do you still using GDDR3 GPU you braindead child?

>6870 dies out of the blue few months ago
>buy a 660ti off some guy tearing down his old SLI rig

Worth upgrading to any of the new cards for ~$500 and be able to do VR?

then why are the Fury (non x) and 390x almost identical speeds?

VR is a worthless gimmick so no

>he can't see the possiblities for VR for stuff other than muh shitty games

I'm not talking shitty half baked VR version ports.

if I have a fury x would it make sense to go to a 490?

There's no waifu simulators worth buying right now especially not for the cost of a VR setup

Fiji is horrifically ROP starved - despite 40-45% more stream processors fiji still only has the 64 ROPS hawaii does.

The only real game that lets fiji stretch its legs is ashes of the singularity, but otherwise fiji scales like shit. Had fiji been given 96 ROPS it would've slaughtered big maxwell, but the nuances of 28nm didn't allow for it.

>30% performance increase with a 30% increase in clockspeed

Yeah...no, performance doesn't scale linear with clockspeeds.

Looks like somebody had some fun in paint that's all

I don't think they'd factor in vendor pricing while trying to drill in their expected price paradigm. You always go as low as possible to make it sound better, like how there's been no mention of the 480 8gb. She wouldn't be saying $300 unless they had a $300 base msrp card.

When the hell did they mention a $300 card?

The tdp is so low, it might be an acceptable to purchase a reference card.

Computex.

Not with that shitty VRM setup and possibly Elpida memory it's not!

>GTX 780 Ti

lol I too have a 780ti and on new benchmarks it performs worse than the 290, nvida drivers suck ass and have terrible planned obsolescence. fuck nvidia

its a science requiring about 10 full Sup Forums posts

basically how many FPS you have can affect stuff like how big can an upwards angle can be where you can still walk upwards it. With more FPS you can walk up bigger angles and other weird shit.

Nvidia dead in the water as middle ground goes, the performance per dollar is too insane, I dont even think Nvidia wants to compete at that price point and just cash in on the high end retards.