With all these threads on the gtx1080 and rx480, It's like the new APU lineup is being ignored completely

With all these threads on the gtx1080 and rx480, It's like the new APU lineup is being ignored completely.

You're getting a more efficient and faster cpu, and a killer igpu at a fantastic price. Why isn't this more popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=frcaJ4pFEvU
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/J3cRBP
youtube.com/watch?v=l9cPn-jDjd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it's extremely niche. An APU says, "I didn't have the $20 needed to get 3x more performance so I settled for this instead."

>$20
>3x performance

a8 7600 is A$108 right now. i3 + gt730 is $250.
for roughly same overall performance.

Nah, an APU says "I'm not a faggot gaymur and I just need basic hardware acceleration for my desktop so I can get shit done"

youtube.com/watch?v=frcaJ4pFEvU

i3 has basic hardware acceleration and is twice as fast.

Because being able to run GTA v at not even 1080p isn't particularly impressive to people.
Wake me up when that shit can finally push 1080p and 60fps on at least mid settings.

>GT 630

on an integrated gpu?
lol. zen APUs will be better though thanks to better single thread performance, stronger gpu, and ddr4.

i3 is a better CPU, but if you want to play any moderately demanding games, you need a dedicated GPU.

An AMD APU says;
> "I wanted to play PC games but didn't want to spend more than I would on a console, and still get at least the same performance."

As a console replacement, most people would be perfectly happy with this.

the a10 and an i3 should have similar multithread though.

2 stronger cores with ht vs 4 cores weaker cores.

>I'm not a faggot gaymur
>I want to play games

Why bother?
Everybody is waiting for Zen.

GTX 580 is A$100.

Heck, I picked up a GTX 580 for $15

I picked up a 680 4gb for A$50, but I think op meant new products.

Plus, used market has gotten pretty shitty since junkyard wars.

APU rigs are around 250-300 the best ones to buy are the cheaper A8s, you cant really get comparable gaming performance for new hardware anywhere else

not in most cases, especially with the new i3 6100 at 3.7Ghz, they really are that much slower

It's quite stupid to be budget-conscious but still spent exorbitant amounts of money on new products, whereas multiple-generations-ago flagship products can be had for 10% of the price and offer about 50 to 75% of the performance of new flagship products, or even perform better than the value-oriented products of the current gen.

That said, I still applaud these retards for buying new, since I'm the one who will be buying their used stuff later down the road.

And also because they don't snatch up deals on the local classifieds that I want in on.

Just buy a i7-2600k for $100

Have you seen the used market lately? HD7950s have almost doubled in price since 12 months ago. Or at least they have in aus.

It really depends on your region, and what items you're talking about.

diehard AMD fanboy here.
Even I don't care those new APU's.

Try looking at the previous x series boards. Though to be fair, even if you drop 2-250$ on a x79 mobo, then get yourself an 80-100$ 8 core xeon. You`d still have enough money to spare for more essentials before you broke even with an x99 mobo / cpu.

I have a 7850K system, I'm not interesting in these new APUs.

Wake me up when we get Zen APUs.

You don't sound like a fanboy.

At least workstations are still pretty cheap tho

Oh no doubt. If you`re not going for the ultra high end shit, you can actually get really good deals for perfectly adequate / easily upgrade able systems. One user had posted listings for some e5-2670 systems ranging from 430-600$ with the most expensive being a dual CPU workstation. Was quite the tantalizing deal.

But nothing quite like those overclocked xeons, man.

I assume the pricing matched.

There are those who do not want to game at all, they would be better served at the moment by an i#.

There are professional users, they have specific needs that need to be accounted for on a case by case basis.

And there are those who play games, a player. However, there is more to being a player than simply playing or not a game, at least there are casual, normal and hardcore classes and of each kind of game. An APU is perfect for all casuals. Above that it would depend on the kind of game.

i thought the buy new is for some parts you don't want problems with, not because they can't be faulty (new parts can be DOA) but from the fact first you don't have any way to know how they cared for that hardware piece and also most probably if some guy sells you a card for $30 he won't give a shit if it burns 6 months later meaning no warranty/RMA as the manufacturer/reseller one most likely expired.

Think it like getting a used car, it could be brand new with only some dirt or a piece of shit that is a time bomb fixed with gum to last one more week.

I think an apu would be nice for a cheap steam box under the telly.

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/J3cRBP

almost a hundred dollars cheaper than a console. make it more because I can get some parts cheaper from my local pc shop that isn't listed here.

Xeons are the only light shining from the shithole that is the used market.

In that case, buy 5 more for the same price of a new one.

Or open your eyes and inspect the thing before buying. Meetups are better than buying online for this reason.

I have a friend who bought a used gtx570. Worked great for almost 2 weeks before he started getting small, but annoying, artifacts.

At least he still found a use for it.

Hey fellow Intel/Nvidia friend!

They truly are a wonder to be held in cheap ass performance.

>An APU is perfect for all casuals.
And that would be the i3.
Above that you want a dGPU.

is this real?

youtube.com/watch?v=l9cPn-jDjd0

>It's quite stupid to be budget-conscious but still spent exorbitant amounts of money on new products
Agreed, but I'm about to pick up that sweet, sweet RX 470

For 300$ which runs better. And apu rig or g3258 + 750 ti ?

APU rig would be betterf. some games refuse to open on the pentium at all, and some others stutter like a bitch.

plus the apu build will be cheaper.

toss in another gpu later down the track and enjoy dx12 multiadapter.

The cheapest i3 you can find (or even better a used CPU like a i5 2500K) and the RX480 or the 470
At this point the 750Ti is plain retardation