Man Sup Forums

man Sup Forums

havn't cleaned out my pc in 3 years, so much damn dust. How do you guys clean your PC's?

For a bit of a different thread, I'll post my cleanup process

Pic related - my horror story

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Honeywell-HFD-120-Q-QuietClean-Tower-Purifier/dp/B000ANEPYO
amazon.com/dp/B00006IAOR/
telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/e-cigarettes-are-no-safer-than-smoking-tobacco-scientists-warn/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pulling out the rear fan

I usually disassemble everything and wipe all my parts and case and mother board with a nice bucket of boiling hot bleach.

gonna give the mobo a good wash down

one from earlier after removing the cpu fan

>absolutely disgusting

TOP KEK

what a fucking idiot

what a fucking idiot

>not connected to power
you realize water doesn't fuck with electronics unless it's powered on right? Just have to dry it properly before mounting it back in

You realize there's a thing called a bios battery, right? Fucking memer

>Using meme unironically

KEK, opinion null and void

I blow out the dust whenever I have the case open for whatever reason. There's rarely much in there because I run an air cleaner all day. $120 investment to breathe easier, reduce the dusting I need to do and spare my computer.

you realize that a bios battery is fine when submersed right?

Fucking idiots on this board

You gotta clean your shit more often OP, this little cleaning job that you did should make it so much better.

How much easier to breathe?

>How much easier to breathe?
I used to cough occasionally when dust/lint got in the air from clothes, towels, bedding, rugs, etc. That doesn't happen anymore. When light streams in from the window I don't see motes dancing in the sunbeams.

I bought a cheap air compressor about 10 years ago. Awesome for blowing dust out of computer (outside). Canned air is too fucking expensive.

> 6€ every month
>expensive

>using arcane currencies

Like once a year, mostly when I'm opening it up to replace a part anyway, I vacuum all the dust up. Yeah, I know about ESD but I don't give a fuck, I keep some distance between the vacuum tube and the electronics and no problems so far.

Hoover your fucking rooms

Helps with dust buildup bigtime.

What kind of air cleanser do you recommend?

Is there an actual term for this kind of product

Proper Hoovers, at least, as in the old school vacuum cleaners with bags in them. The new bagless ones tend to be shit and have awful filters that circulate the dust more than capturing it.

I would recommend the exact model I own,
amazon.com/Honeywell-HFD-120-Q-QuietClean-Tower-Purifier/dp/B000ANEPYO

I have a compressor and cleaning anything is easy as shit. Not that can air bullshit.

thats 72 a year though, cheap compressors start at 50 and should last a couple of years

Brake Cleaner and an Airline

amazon.com/dp/B00006IAOR/

>bought a PS3 today second-hand (I waited so long because I only want it for 1 game)
>plug it in
>within 5 seconds the fan goes from near silent to a fucking jet engine
>even the main menu is laggy
>open it up
>it's caked in dust
>it's so thick that it has gone yellow and isn't letting any air through at all
>have to thoroughly clean all that disgusting shit and even the tiny ventilation holes because the whole thing was completely blocked
why don't people take care of their shit?
I guarantee the person who sold it to the store did so because it was too slow and loud.

he should have washed it with mineral oil cause that doesn't break it

Like anything else, pic related.

>have a habit of drinking and smoking a lot while watching chinese cartoons
>smoke mixes up with dust and becomes sticky as fuck
>have to literally scrape it off
>cleaning takes half a day

I know it's my own fault, but fuck going outside every time I want to smoke.

you know, the thing that smoke is doing to your computer is happening inside your lungs too right?
Those are a lot harder to clean too.

Enjoy your cancer.

>smoking
This is why you vape
>no dust
>no ash
>minimal lung residue

telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/e-cigarettes-are-no-safer-than-smoking-tobacco-scientists-warn/

He didn't say it was healthier, just cleaner.

I have dust filters on the intake fans.
They work nice,i clean them maybe once every 8-12 months

How thorough do you have to be when getting that shit off the plastic parts? Isn't electronic contact cleaner pretty much the same price?

Just answered my own question on pricing. Brake cleaner is half as much. Still curious on possible damage caused by the brake cleaner if not cleaned off properly.

Hmm, By any chance do you know of any good towers?
Not me desu senpai

Because most people don't know how computers work, especially when they work at McDonalds and KFC. Why the fuck would the average moron ever open a computer case?

>Clean cancer

That really doesn't help with finer dust. I have HEPA running in my room 24/7, and clean with a non-leaking HEPA-vacuum, and I still need to blow out my PC once a year. I've taken my optical particle sensor to apartments with no filtration via central air or portable HEPA appliances, and they tend to have about an order of magnitude more particulate. Makes me cough up fluid constantly.

i love a good smoke now and again but why dont you stop being an animal and go outside to smoke

>get a bunch of q-tips and canned air
>spray canned air, makes all the small bits fly around
>Get q tip and scrape any stubborn big bits of dust stuck on/behind fans
>Repeat every time I notice PC becoming hot / About once per month

Only takes 20 mins, not the best possible way but gets the job done

It's fun watching the dust fly out the back of the case when I do it. Not a problem since the HEPA unit sucks it up right quick.

You are all dumb. Washing a motherboard is completely acceptable so long as you. Short out that caps, don't completely soak it, and dry it properly.

Some guy inn youtube cleans used parts with brake cleaner, alcohol wipes and finish them with some shit like WD-40.
They work flawlessly after that.

How we can discharge a lot of capacitors in a mobo?

This is why you use air compressors to clean it once a weak, literally takes 5 minutes and it won't let the dust accumulate and become solidified, compressed and hard.

If you really buy compressed air can you're quite literally cucking yourself.

>old computer GPU dies
>its ok it was way too old anyways
>open it up for science
>there is no thermal paste anymore, instead the paste has been replaced by a thin layer of dust I can pick like a little mantle poor 9800gtx must have been literally cooking itself

>not doubling your PC as a vacuum

Are smartphones even trying?

>How do you guys clean your PC's?
vacuum
/thread