All Xbox one exclusives will now have W10 DX12 ports

All Xbox one exclusives will now have W10 DX12 ports.

So why didn't nvidia invest in fixing their async compute issue? Now there are going to be a flood of games that pascal is going to struggle with.

>Gayming

Fuck off

sage

>implying devs for xbone games are going to write multi-gpu support on top of whatever is necessary to port to PC

>>Gayming
>Fuck off
>sage

What's the difference between this and and/nvidia btfo threads? I'm not talking about games, I'm talking about the hardware you autist.

>he doesn't gayme

>talk about technology
>HURR DURRR Sup Forums

pls

>Xbox one exclusives
>a flood of games
Really now?

>So why didn't nvidia invest in fixing their async compute issue?

They can't - at best they can mitigate it so turning it on doesn't give negative performance (which is what pasacal does - the 1080 sees no real change in performance in ashes for example) but a proper fix requires new silicon.

Nvidia will not benefit from async regardless, async ONLY provides a perf increase of the GPU is being underutilized, which is never on Nvidia cards.

> HURRRR WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S A CONTAINMENT BOARD WHERE I CAN PLAY MY MOBILE GAMES ON A GPU

Fuck off moron, the only function a gpu has is graphical rendering for modeling and work.

>which is never on Nvidia cards.

Thats not true - not all workloads are equal. Just because Nvidia is better at keeping their gpus fed on the software side of things doesn't change the fact that some tasks hit the hardware in ways that will leave parts of the gpu idle.

>some tasks hit the hardware in ways that will leave parts of the gpu idle

Parts that cant even do compute anyway. SM's on nvidia cards are ALWAYS QUEUED

Nvidia cares more about deep learning and AI than GPUs at this point. They'll fix this issue with their Hbm cards gimp these new ones by next year and people will suck it down.

>ehe only function a gpu has is graphical rendering for modeling and work.
Not exactly. With CUDA and OpenCL you can run arbitrary code on GPUs. This has seen great success in, for one, neural networks simulations.

>that image

nVidia - The way it's meant to be paid

> Fuck off moron, the only function a gpu has is graphical rendering for modeling and work.
And also to play video games :^)

Oh fuck that means I get Gears of War 2 on PC.
sweet,i wanted to finish the story.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Why would you fix the cards when you can fix the games?

>Why would you make the cards more effective when you could make the games less effective?
Nvidia business plan in layman's terms.

So you can jew the consumers with incremental upgrades. They can't get money if devs can just run top of the line stuff on cheapo hardware.

>All Xbox one exclusives will now have W10 DX12 ports.
source on that?

>So why didn't nvidia invest in fixing their async compute issue?
Because they literally don't need to.

MS E3 presentation