GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT PROJECT SCORPIO?

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-freesync-hdmi-playstation-neo-xbox-scorpio/#ixzz4BZbd985t
youtube.com/watch?v=Kw-qyZB8qtk
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-xbox-one-project-scorpio-spec-analysis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Obselete before it even comes out.

Z E N
E
N

>AMD
NOT FUCKING FAIR TO US GAMERS

INTEL + NVIDIA FOR MAXIMUUM PERFORMANCE

P O L A R I S
O
L
A
R
I
S

Q4 2017.
Will be outdated on release.

But it can run games in 4K

I think the gaming PC will have no future with project scorpio

V E G A
E
G
A

i think you are retarded and now you're internet privileges are being removed

I'm sure games will run at 4k, 30 FPS with constant frame drops

Nah, just 4K video playback.

>V E G A
Are you kidding me? Surely after this announcement Sony'll be preparing a powerful console! This is the future!

Yeah, they'll be running the same shit, same as last time.

Hahah seriously? Wow

NO YOU FUCKING TWAT THEY'LL BE USING POLARIS 11

they won't 1080p 1440p and upscale to 4k just like ps neo
they said 6 tera flops so it seems gpu will be more powefull than rx480 full polaris 10 chip from upcoming not announced rx480x? But if so no way it will cost just 400$

So this means that Zen is going to be crazy

haswell level but more cores

UNCOMPRESSED PIXELS

>
>they won't 1080p 1440p and upscale to 4k just like ps neo
>
>they said 6 tera flops so it seems gpu will be more powefull than rx480 full polaris 10 chip from upcoming not announced rx480x? But if so no way it will cost just 400$

They had it had 320MB/s of memory bandwidth. That doesn't sound like Polaris to me.

PC gaming is shit.

>Pay a shitload of money for a decent build
>The majority of games on the PC are console ports
>Most of those ports are poorly optimized
>Given a game with both a console and PC version, there will be a huge number of people playing on console and very few on the PC because consoles are substantially more popular
>Given a game with both a console and PC version with cross-compatible online play, console users will go out of their way to block PC players because they believe that most PC players cheat
>On top of it all, we now have to deal with Windows 10 bullshit
>Steam rarely breaks, but when it does they literally don't give a fuck and they never even apologize for it

I've been on the PC gaming train since the 90's and I'm just getting sick of the bullshit. There aren't enough John Carmacks out there to justify the time, money and effort. Nearly every AAA game now is done by some huge faceless studio who doesn't give a fuck about you, nor do they give a fuck about the craftsmanship of their final product. Instead they generate all the hype they can, get all that pre-order cash, then shit out a half-finished game. After the game comes out, the company uses all their resources to create new DLC instead of fixing the actual game itself. In the end you're a sucker who spent $50-60+ on unfinished bullshit, and you might bitch on Twitter or whatever but the company is laughing all the way to the bank. Meanwhile you see a new game that's coming out next month, hit that pre-order button, and the whole cycle continues on.

V E G A
E
G
A

Maybe the next console gen won't be shit then.

At max 20 fps lmao

>320 MB/s of memory bandwidth
bandwidth works different for apu units in consoles and stand alone gpu in pc
console have bigger memory bus as they share their memory among gpu and cpu

if you expect vega in scorpio stop being delusional

HIGHEST QUALITY PIXELS
RENDER GAMES AT 60Hz

>Here's your new 900 dollar console
Why is it 900 dollrydoos?
>It doubles as a space heater!

>Microsoft thinks 6 tera flops is enough to play at 4k

> (You)
MB/s of memory bandwidth
>bandwidth works different for apu units in consoles and stand alone gpu in pc
>console have bigger memory bus as they share their memory among gpu and cpu
>if you expect vega in scorpio stop being delusional

Who said it had to be either? Whcan this not be a very cut down Vega, or a beefy Polaris?

DESU it seems like a 290x to me, all of the specs they have provided have matched it perfectly. But that makes no sense at all.

It is when you have 4 polygons on the screen.

>people are using 6 TFLOPS for gaming
>16 years ago that computer power would have costed one million dollars

There are people who think a resolution is not viable unless you can max every little bar in the settings including the much decreasing in need anti aliasing. They also do not realize the consoles are having games being optimized on a hardware level using dx12/Vulkan /whatever Sony is using. They do not realize the benefits of asynchronous compute or hsa processing when properly utilized. They cannot comprehend the fact that the current consoles are using less than 2ghz cpus with gimpy gpus yet manage what they do.

This is what these people look like. Know them, recognize the shitty frog posting. Then disregard.

My guess was it is either going to be using faster memory, or it would be an overclocked 480 or both. .

Fucking amazing isn't it? And you can get a single gpu capable of that raw power for a measly 200$ in just 2 weeks.

It's useless unless you can clean install Windows 10 on it. Not even kidding.

I'm more interested in what the xbox1S is running. Might it be some form of carrizo, or a puma (that replaced jaguar right?) apu?

>Most of those ports are poorly optimized
Most of the time an overclocked 750ti and a new i3 outpeform the PS4 already.

It's more likely just a better optimized layout and cooling solution.

most likely it will have win10

They said 320G/B per sec and that seems pretty in line with the bandwidth of Hawaii and the GTX 980 TI.

So anywhere from 384bit to 512bit 5-8ghz gddr or 256bit

Everyone was expecting it the day they released Xbone (and PS4), those consoles have not enough power for 1080 and we're moving towards 8k.

Nigger, don't get your hopes up. With the rate we're going it'll be a while until we can jump of from uhd to 5k qqwhd. It's not like we're going straight from 1080 to uhd, 1440p has been around for a while, it's just not had a decent marketing push behind it.

Probably still Jaguar derivative with new IGP arch and PowerTune IP.

It would be cool to see a Cat core at 3ghz.

>The majority of games on the PC are console ports
That kind of ignorance is why PC gamers laugh at console gamers.

What are you doing here? Go to some peasant chan, not technology one.

Game graphics are so fucking incredible to begin with, the only thing that'd make an upgrade compelling at this point is VR. AFAIK (just saw the headline) MS didn't say anything about their VR hardware.

They said they wanted a DX12 Xbox for a while now it's not a huge surprise.

enjoy your two thousand dollar console

>1440p has been around for a while

Nieche of a nieche. I know no one who has a screen like that.

this

>+cheating all over the pc gaming nowadays

It's rumored to be powered by AMD Zen and Polaris, so it's a good project

>>Pay a shitload of money for a decent build
This is false, you can get a machine that is better than any current console for ~$400
>>The majority of games on the PC are console ports
This is also false. PC has a huge variety of games that are not ports, and most are even exclusives. Just because 6/10 games on your steam front page are ports doesn't mean most PC games are.
>>Most of those ports are poorly optimized
No. Probably about 30-40%, and even the high end of that is less than most.
>>Given a game with both a console and PC version, there will be a huge number of people playing on console and very few on the PC because consoles are substantially more popular
This is also not true. There may be more on console, depending on the game, but I have never seen a cross-platform game with "very few" players on the PC version.
>>Given a game with both a console and PC version with cross-compatible online play, console users will go out of their way to block PC players because they believe that most PC players cheat
This may be true, I am not a console player so I don't know. I would guess it applies mostly to FPS though, as a mouse+keyboard combination is much easier to aim with than analogue sticks.
>>On top of it all, we now have to deal with Windows 10 bullshit
That's just microsoft being retarded again. If you actually pay attention, you can stay on 7, 8, or even game on Linux. With Vulkan, we will probably not even DirectX anymore either.
>>Steam rarely breaks, but when it does they literally don't give a fuck and they never even apologize for it
This is definitely true.

XBOX Scorpio & PS Neo Mean AMD’s FreeSync Over HDMI Is Now More Important Than Ever

wccftech.com/amd-freesync-hdmi-playstation-neo-xbox-scorpio/#ixzz4BZbd985t

GSYNC IS DEAD

Can it run Gentoo?

Polaris is the only architecture allowing for affordable vr.

The problem is that TV manufacturers need to put in scalers that support Adaptive-sync, since anybody with a decent monitor is probably already a PC gamer anyway.

The price of sufficiently powerful GPUs being $200 or $350 barely matters when the headsets are $600.
Jewculus already killed the golden goose before the 1070/480 ever got chances to swell the market.

>Q4 2017
Doubt it, if PS4.5K is coming out this year, XBox Scorpio will be launched soon after.

I thought this as well when I first heard the rumors, but even the XB1S can do 4K media. M$ announced it as 6TFlops, so definitely 4K gaming capable.

I wonder if $ony will change the specs of the Neo. I'm thinking that's why they didn't announce any hardware besides PSVR launch date at E3.

Not sure if joking or just retarded, but P11 can't do 4+TFlops

I doubt that Scorpio will use Zen. Consoles aren't held back by their CPUs, so there's no reason for M$ and $ony to use more expensive chips.

Ehh, if you're getting a PC for AAA games, 960/380 tier is the lowest you want to go, otherwise just get a console. Witcher3 will destroy that i3/750Ti build, as will Quantum Break etc. Of course a lot of times you can get away with a 750Ti and i3, but with a console you'll have a much smoother AAA experience.

8K is a meme. 4K adoption is slow as hell, and there's still basically no 4K content.

Compatabiliy with Rift, Vive, and GearVR

My LG G3 is 1440p

>It's rumored to be powered by AMD Zen and Polaris, so it's a good project
Not Zen, but probably Polaris.

>This is false, you can get a machine that is better than any current console for ~$400
No, and consoles are $300 now. The console killer PC meme was only applicable in the last half of the 360/PS3 gen.

>Polaris is the only architecture allowing for affordable vr.
Pascal will as well (probablybetter than Polaris in the short term, considering simultaneous multiprojection) when NVIDIA releases the 1060 in a couple of months.

xbox scorpio confirmed to be using rx490 and 12gb vram. $400.

microsoft just made pc gaming obsolete unless you're building an $1000 build

>confirmed RX490 12GB $400
Don't you mean wished?

youtube.com/watch?v=Kw-qyZB8qtk

wrong link

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-xbox-one-project-scorpio-spec-analysis

> (You)
>>This is false, you can get a machine that is better than any current console for ~$400
>No, and consoles are $300 now. The console killer PC meme was only applicable in the last half of the 360/PS3 gen.
Turns out I was wrong. It's about $575, but it is far more powerful than xbone or ps4
pcpartpicker .com/list/gPLYJV