>still trusting the airplane jew

>n years after the birth of our lord and savior Adolf
>trusting a flying metal tube with turbines attached
>not driving everywhere that is above a 10km radius

they are not real

cars don't work on water

Wait for winter and drive on the ice

These two.

I tried to get into flying, but the moment I started to tally up the cost shit got out of hand quickly.

Flying club memberships, license renewals, fuel, are expensive.

To make matters worse, most planes are booked during the weekends so you have to fly during the week. And I'm not taking time off work to spend that much money.

the ocean doesn't freeze over where i live

You mean the plane itself? Because the main bodies of the planes use a lot of composite materials, some of which are ludicrously expensive. The engines also use come CMC composites or titanium. If the engines begin to use CMC materials or even silicon nitride, they will increase the efficiency of the plane dramatically, but their brittleness and corrosion rates are something to be afraid of.

>being earthfag

Because there are only about a handful airplane manufacturers around.

Lack of demand. If they were more affordable more people would buy them and if more people bought them they'd be more affordable.

Nah, you also have to consider the costs of parking, insurance, maintenance, license, license, etc.

> turbines are horrendously complex and jealously guarded IP
> you don't want to cheap out on building them
> durable + limited market demand = low volume
> low volume + expensive engineering + expensive manufacturing facilities = big overhead per shipped unit

no plane even comes close to sticker price to manufacture, but all the R&D and keeping the lights running costs a shitload.

flying metal tomb.

horrible feels.

Because comac barely has a foothold on international markets. That's a good thing too.

Consider the sheer amount of raw material required to just build a plane, never mind the R&D and factory line/tooling build up costs.

you make it sound like things like steel is really expensive or something
i could buy a metric ton of steel for about 200 bucks

Try airplane grade aluminum and carbon fiber reinforced plastic.

the materials cost will still be dwarfed by r&d, labour, manufacturing, testing, certification, etc

Fuck planes. I want my own god damn zeppelin.

R&D my friend, you can't just slap some wings on a cylinder and hope it flies

Small plans don't need a lot of material and aren't that expensive.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to make a plane that flies. Just look at early constructions.

yeah but you can't just trial and error it till you get something that works and hope no one sues you if shit goes wrong

small planes are cheaper because light aircraft plans and construction has remained virtually frozen so r&d costs have already been made up, the biggest expense there is keeping your shit in fuel

If it flies, floats or fucks rent it.

>Why are planes so expensive?
So that allahu snackbars can't build them

youtu.be/6Oe8T3AvydU

r&d

Turbines literally have 1 moving part and you can make a jet engine in your garage with coupe hundred dollars of Craigslist parts

Planes last a very long times: many decades.

Compared to cars they actually aren't that expensive. ($150k plane that lasts 40 years vs a $40k car every 15 years).

/thread

>car only lasts 15 years
You're doing something wrong

lots of parts that turn together != 1 moving part

the amount of materials research and simulation that goes into making turbine blade just a little stronger or heat resistant is insane, since minute differences can save customers millions of dollars a year in fuel costs.

>Compared to cars they actually aren't that expensive. ($150k plane that lasts 40 years vs a $40k car every 15 years).
That comparison is nonsensical, as the maintenance programs and budgets are very very different. A car would last 40 years easily if you checked up on it every other time you drove it.

If they're all attacked together and spin together, it's 1 moving part

It's not like a piston engine where the piston, conrod, and crankshaft all have their own independent motions

less than the cost of a mac pro. the skys are yours user

ebay.com/itm/Quicksilver-MX-Ultralight-TTAF-100-/201602855024

How can planes be real if tree fuel cant melt steel eyes?

sport pilot license m8

You can have multiple stage compressors all on different shafts that seek their own speeds