When will hiroshimoot release the Sup Forums source?

When will hiroshimoot release the Sup Forums source?

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/juyfaj.webp
my.mixtape.moe/jghjva.webp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have a more important question. What new boards have been created since Hiroshima took the position of our dear emperor? Some do not appear on the front page.

A more important question is when the fuck he'll allow us to upload Webp images. Fuck all this jpg, png, and gif bloat on this site.

/his/ and /wsr/ are the only ones I know of

you're a faggot

So are you, let's make out you flamming faggot.

nah. how the fuck is jpg/gif/png bloat. get better internet.

>webp
no thanks

fuck off google shill

not him but webp would replace all three formats and reduce file sizes by around 50% on all three formats.

This may not mean much to you but those savings make running websites cheaper and you only have to deal with 1 image format. Also remember that even though you may have a 1Gbit/s internet connection, it does not mean Sup Forums can serve you images as 1Gbit/s.

What's the point of this? Also if they're gonna compare flif against webp then why did they not enable lossless encoding on webp? This comparison is fucking retarded.

Also the one for quests and role playing

>What's the point of this?
what are you doing on the technology board

How is a 3mb+ PNG that looks the same as a ~200kb JPG not bloat?

>0.4%

FLIF is a lossless image format you dumbass. Webp has lossy 4:2:0 yuv lossly compression and RGBA lossless compression. Why the fuck did they not use lossless compression with Webp on that comparison?

Search RBT.asia for admin posts.

IRRC he said he was thinking about it but was spooked of security vulnerabilities.

>trying this hard to push lossy PNG

>worse than jpeg

lmao

I really don't care. Takes the same time to load

Why should he?

>caring about the quality of may may images
Webp would only be worth a shit for the photography board.

This is the sort of mentality that turned videogames and other big programs into huge fucking 50GB+ beasts that require the latests CPUs and GPUs to properly run.

oh no. what will we do???? Fuck off.

I can only recall video games requiring 60GB and 8GB RAM being a very recent thing

Optimize, and ignore clueless fucks such as yourself.

Fuck

cuck

>/aco/
>/his/
>/trash/
>/news/
>/asp/ (changed from Alt. Sports to Alt. Sports/Wrestling)
>/wsr/
>/qst/

and there's talks on him making a /film/ board.

Give me 5 good reasons why he should put Sup Forums under a free license like AGPL?

/gg/ - technology generals fucking when

/his/ /wsr/ /qst/ /trash/ /news/

>GooberGate
no thanks. call it /ggen/ instead.

More like close to 40%

Webp: my.mixtape.moe/juyfaj.webp

>inb4 you shit up my image with lossy PNG compression

oh look, it's the webp autist again

fuck webp desu

we need apng support
or at least cross-board sound for webms

>we need apng support
It's been DOA for years. Webp now replaces APNG, GIF, JPG, and PNG I guess.

Why the fuck do we need over 9000 different standards for images and video?

> Progress is bad

>cross-board sound for webms
yes, i really need screamers and 'le it suddenly gets really loud XD' webms on my Sup Forums

Protip: we don't.

All we need is Webp + MKV for the web. That's literally it.

Isn't webm and webp open standard compared to gif and pgn?

Yup. Though MKV would be a better container for video on the web. Not sure why 4chins did not adopt it. MKV is an open format as well.

IMAGEboard
not VIDEOboard

go back to readit

Webm is video container as well you dumbass.

Now that you mention all this, it would have been smarter to adopt Webp instead of Webm desu. Webp already supports animations, there was never a need for Webm in the first place.

>Webm is video container as well you dumbass.
and we use it as a gif replacement, what's your point?

What would be an open standard for images?

Isn't yotsuba's source code widely available?

How did the multitude of chans get made if that wasn't the case?

>and we use it as a gif replacement, what's your point?
We never had to do that. Webp has been supporting animations for years. All we needed was Webp for Sup Forums, that's it.

Different user, I've been looking up WebP and it looks pretty good. It's an open standard, under a free license, and not copyrighted like .gif is. This site can use WebP support.

You can put anything in an MKV, and that's a problem for support. Your browser probably does not support Hi10p 4:4:4 video and srt subs.
webm is designed to only use royalty-free streams so it's safe for anyone to implement support. MKV support would be nice, but your browser would have to pay royalties to implement decoders for most of the stuff we put in that. They can't give it away for free if they have to start paying for each download.

Sup Forums's code is very heavily modified.

What a terrible comparison which is also mostly untrue.

Indeed a bad comparison to support a point against WebP as generational loss after re-encoding in a lossy format is not a concern here.

>get better Internet
As if this was the bottleneck. Allowing more compression efficient formats would reduce bandwidth used and thus server load making the already smaller images load faster. A board like this would be a perfect place to experiment with new formats.

/p/ could still support jpg. The files posted there are mostly small anyway as there is a rule to post images with 1000 px on longest edge. Not strictly enforced.

Webm makes much more sense for web and it's essentially a simplified mkv container anyway.

>lossless formats
they will never fucking catch on

normie internet speeds aren't good enough and they don't care enough for the difference in quality compared to the larger file size

stop being fucking faggots

HEVC / VP9 SUPPORT WHEN FUCKING GOOK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>HEVC / VP9 SUPPORT
For what purpose?

You fucking dumb? Higher quality / longer videos than now idiot

Sup Forums is an imageboard. Not a video board.

But you can post videos now. So fuck off

Those "videos" are only really inteded for /gif/ and /wsg/. They have no sound anywhere else, so they are higher quality GIFs.

In case anyone was wondering, here is an animated WebP image:

my.mixtape.moe/jghjva.webp

Gif related file size: 3.77 MB
Animated Webp file size: 1.09 MB

>bloat is progress

would be

Indeed. Though it's still interesting that Webp supports animations. Having video isn't always ideal on websites, especially since you have to press play on them or have them coded in some shitty javascript/flash. The animated Webp loads and loops automatically.

>When will hiroshimoot release the Sup Forums source?
Right click > view page source

That is what the autoplay attribute is for.

> Calling anything and everything bloat for no reason

>says this while posting a GIF in 2016
lmao you can't make this shit up

The point is, WHY. Nobody wants low quality posts. Also this is %current_year% with terrabytes of disc space and fast internet.

You're fucking retarded.
What are YOU doing here?

> Not automatically down converting everything to .webm

How is this even allowed?

Actually I have a 3gb monthly allowance, so I thank for converting it into webm

text boards when

>webpee
Y'all fucking retarded.

Also: Why did nobody want Jpeg2000? It's been there like 15 years already.

Because we already have webpee you doofus. Mainly because it's royalty fee free and replaces PNG, JPG, and even GIF.

Websites like facebook are already using it.

If facebook uses it, it's probably bad and has a licence that tries to murder your family.

Do not introduce webp on Sup Forums.

> Actually I have a 3gb monthly allowance

Do you always blame others for your issues?

Webp is open source and free to use, there is no catch. Even non-chrome browsers support Webp now like pale moon and brave.

So? There are also open source keyloggers on the web, so what's your point?
Android is mainly open source, too. But it constantly logs and sends to google servers what people do, all in favor of 'anti-terrorism'. I call is malevolent behaviour.
If somebody cracks open your banking credentials using a GNU machine, is what that person did non-criminal as he used open source tools?

Trust Mozilla. It's good for you.

>is
*it

>trust mozilla
LOL

Fuck mozilla. They literally fired their CEO for having an opinion. Get the fuck out of here you SJW piece of shit KEK.

facebookinfected shits detected.

I spot fucks like you from 8 miles away.

also:
>KEKing about bad and serious privacy issues
Try to change it or kys

Seriously though, mozilla is a joke. They are a for profit company who cater to SJWs now. You know they paid thousands to remove the term "slave" from code?

Alright, I understand.

Sigh.

Holy fuck, starting to think about changing browser now.

RIP Firefox. I'm downloading Brave and Pale Moon right now. Hopefully one of them will be just as good or better than modern day SJW Firefox.

Birds?

Brave looks pretty sleek, I'll try Pale Moon first off being closer to Firefox layout and all.