Lads, I unfortunately bought a Macbook air for college roughly 10 months ago...

Lads, I unfortunately bought a Macbook air for college roughly 10 months ago. I switched major and would like to go to a windows or linux based computer for the programming classes I'll be taking next semester. Whats a simple/cheap/effective laptop I could get for programming and word processing.

I understand that I could use bootcamp, but I could also sell it and buy something less expensive and just as useful. That being said, if I could be convinced to keep it I will.

who tf is this

you already have a macbook bro. it runs word, adobe, etc., and also all free software.

brew.sh and braumeister.org for CLI tools, check the official site (e.g., VLC) for everything else

problem solved

Macs are fine for programming and word processing.
Appleshit has horrible resale value since there's no realistic reason for them to be so expensive.
You have fallen for a recursive meme within a meme disguised as a basic meme masquerading as a normie meme.

T460

Half the price, twice the performance. No meme logo.

>wants to switch to windows
just drop out now desu

i think i'm in love

Let's say, hypothetically, I could sell it for 700-750 USD. What would I buy to replace it? Is there an option around 200-300 USD?

>

Just keep the macbook air, it's a nice piece of hardware even if you paid way too much for it. Triple boot it or start loading up virtual machines.

buy a chromebook

>osx
>programming classes

osx is a top tier programming environment, dog. windows blows. i developed on windows for 2 years (.net shop) and it sucked. 99% of people use OSX for development, including myself. linux is fine too but since so many people use OSX there's a lot of great tools for it

this is Sup Forums though so i will be downvoted for my opinion :^)

just keep your mac. use emacs and gcc or clang.

an old thinkpad
a chromebook

not him but macbook airs don't have enough ram to run decent virtual machines.

I suppose that's that then. I'll continue using my $1200 chromebook with a fruit logo

Cheapest things you could do, is just buy windows and use bootcamp.
The plus side to this, is that you get to have the benefits of both a Mac and Windows machine...either is just a reboot away. Its actually a pretty sweet setup

This is just false. I strongly dislike Apple products but they have the best resale value because their fans are retarded.

if you do any sort of web development you're already using the best computer (mbp > air though)

Linus uses a Macbook Air... Why can't you just install Linux on the MBA? You're just wasting more money when you already spent money on a good modern machine...

Come on hook me up with that name, i'm tryin to peep

i'm doing NoFap you fuck

>checks current macbook air specs
>base model 4gb
>maxed out 8gb
>2016

holy shit apple

Their retarded fans also buy new almost exclusively.

What? Apple computers are pretty much the only ones whose resale value makes reselling them worthwhile.

You sure?

yea

google image reverse search

2 rupees have been deposited in your iShill account Pajeet!

Doesn't bring anything up for me.

just fucking install any distribution of GNU/Linux on the macbook it's not fucking rocket science

Stop torturing the poor man. Her name is Holly Earl. That gifs are from a episode of Skins UK, from season 6 I believe. Her characters name is Poppy. Good luck.