Has anyone else used this app? It's fucking magic

Has anyone else used this app? It's fucking magic

It tries to wake you up when you're sleeping the lightest so you don't feel like shit when you wake up

I installed it yesterday and slept from 1AM to 5:30AM and it woke me up at like 5:35AM and I felt fucking fine. This shit is crazy. I crashed hard later of course due to lack of sleep but still.

Other urls found in this thread:

sleepyti.me/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sleep As Android

Yeah, REM cycles are a crazy thing

I've been using it for three months. It's cool as fuck, especially going back over past nights and seeing when I've gotten good and bad sleep.

> tfw average is like 6.5 hours a night
> it's consistently low throughout the week, from like 2am to 8am, give or take
> skewed by weekend sleep-fests of like 4am to 3pm

The intelligent snooze function is cool as fuck as well. I still feel drowsy when I wake up, but that's more because I get fuck all sleep CONSISTENTLY.

shilling is against the rules

I don't force myself to wake up

Some of us have things to do

Yes wagecuck, you want to be good and rested for mr. shekleberg.

|
|>
|_

Ive hear about circadian cycles for years now
op is underage b8

That's too bad.

Every second you spend oversleeping, is a second wasted.
You could be doing literally anything else but sleep, even if you're a worthless neet.

> making bank is bad
Bingdong Sandlewang, please go.

>Working is good
Mr. Shekelberg pls go

How is it not? I mean, you're probably trolling, but do you actually think every job is a corporate 9-5 hellhole, being forced to work in a grey cubicle, in a grey suit, in a grey building, in a grey city?

Yeah sorry, I was being cheeky. There's nothing wrong about working, but I'm completely against forcing yourself to wake up. My first priority about any new job I'm applying to is that I start at least at 11 AM or so.

I wake up at 8 for an 8.30 start. Living two minutes from work is great. I'd be fine with it if I just went to bed at a reasonable hour, so the problem for me is less to do with the start time, and more with me just refusing to fix my sleeping habits.

This isn't really forcing yourself to wake up. You can still get enough sleep but wake up at a better time.

...by forcing yourself to wake up

It's within a 30 minute period that you choose (you can change the time period but 30 minutes is recommended). If I miss 20 minutes of sleep and feel much better when I wake up then it's definitely a net gain. The point is you are almost awake when the app wakes you up.

Anybody got a link? I don't want to waste time on looking for apk

It's free

Sleep cycle alarm clock is not. The top one in play store.

O it's free on iPhone

What?

He's a neet, he won't understand the value of waking up early feeling refreshed.

charge your fucking phone

I don't have an itoy

Not an ifag sorry

Only NEETs can understand this feel

It's on Android as well, dude.

It'll be good for another couple of hours m8. I'll just plug it in before bed.

Thanks OP, I'm going to try this out. I recently had to move to a property behind a military base, and their 24/7 noise has severely messed up my sleep schedule.

Maybe you should have gotten one then :)

SNAKE OIL
N
A
K
E

O
I
L

Does it work if you're sleeping in the bed with another person?

It's a one month free trial.

>Sleep Cycle works well for two persons sharing bed using microphone motion detection. Sound decays exponentially with distance, this means that sounds generated by your partner will have a much lower volume than sounds generated by you. In addition to this, If both users use Sleep Cycle then the two devices will automatically connect to each other over Wi-Fi. Sleep Cycle can then detect where in bed a sound originates from with an accuracy of 30 cm (1 feet), translating the analysis into an extremely accurate sleep analysis for both users.

Haven't tested this myself though. My Mum hasn't been here for the last week.

One month free premium trial. The basic features are free.

Oh cool, thanks for pointing that out for me. I guess I could have read all of that and found that out myself but you did it for me anyway.
Thanks a lot man, I hope you're marketing because I'm going to buy that app now.

Thanks again

I use an alarm to wake up, but his sentiment is right. I remember reading somewhere that you should be waking up "naturally". Naturally, in this case, meant completely on your own. Anything less and you were supposedly forcing yourself out of sleep too early.

I don't think I buy it, because the amount of time I sleep without an alarm can vary between 4-5 hours and 11 hours depending on the night, and there's no way that kind of variance can be very good, but the general principle of letting your body manage its own recovery seems sound.

As for OP, Jawbone does that with the UP band and it's significantly better versus smartphone apps, which generally only work by sensing vibrations on the mattress. activity trackers (that you can wear to sleep) can differentiate between things like light sleep and deep sleep more accurately.

In other words, welcome to like 2010 or something.

I get .50 per reply. Thank you dude.

who's sponsoring that?

>~$130
Yeesh. Maybe next time I have enough money to justify buying an overpriced watch that can't tell time.

It sounds like you're complaining that an activity tracker isn't actually a wristwatch. Do you also complain that sunglass lenses don't correct your vision?

Or, y'know, people who go to bed at an appropriate time relative to when they need to wake up rather than shitposting into the wee hours.

Is unlock price worth it?

Ive never used a fancy app

I have my phone alarm to wake me up at 7:30am every morning.
I use this sleep clock calculator
sleepyti.me/

Usually I get ready for bed at 10:00pm, and am in bed by 10:15 to 10:20 to hopefully fall into sleep around 10:30
I know the times for ok sleep cycles when I stay up late, which are midnight and 1:30.

It truly is crazy how manipulating your sleep cycles you feel so much better.

I also use Flux and Twilight. When I know I am about to go to sleep, I crank them on to kickstart my circadian rhythm. When you see what looks like the sun going down, it tells your body to get ready for sleep.

Its been really helpful to keep my sleep in order.

Yeah I use it but It's so easy to snooze i end up sleeping more

>I crashed hard later of course due to lack of sleep but still
so it's not working?

sleepyti.me/

But if that app is free and automates things, then that's cool.

>not wearing transition lenses
Anyway, it's pretty trivial to add an LCD screen for a clock to the front.

I chose to get 4 hours or so of sleep, not the app

oh I see, well I guess ill try this

Didn't jawbone fitness bands go out of business recently though

I feel like it's important to point out this thread gave me serious deja vu.

>gave me serious deja vu.

Thats usually a glitch in the Matrix

That scene doesn't even make sense.
You don't say deja vu when you just re-saw something from 5 seconds ago.

>You don't say deja vu when you just re-saw something from 5 seconds ago.

Wat

Yes you do

>not using Sleep As Android

this shit forces me to wake up by having to take a pic of a QR Code I have in my bathroom, else it won't shut up.

Bought it in 2010
Used for years, thousands of logged hours with conditions, reviewed the stats every so often
Go without iPhone for 6 months
They introduce premium and remove stats/conditions/everything cool from non-premium version I fucking paid for

Hate/Love it now

It's crap compared to sleep cycle desu.

I thought shills were just a meme.

brb giving you one star ratings

I dont want to sleep with a device that emits cancer causing signals.

Y?

So you uberman then? 20 minutes every 4 hours?

You don't need to place it beside your head

And you can use aeroplane mode if you do

Note that as the number of humans increase, the number of cancer patients increases. Therefore humans cause cancer

Or you could just not stay up until 3am watching Chinese cartoons, I have a job and I still don't use an alarm clock to wake up in the morning

Placebo

>circadian rhythm management is placebo
How retarded can you get?

As some already said, smartwatches or activity trackers are usually much better at it than a simple phone app. I'm using Mi Band 1S, and it checks the sleep phase not only by movement but also by measuring heart rate. For me it works great

holy fuck I am fully convinced I need this now.

Morning Routine does that too, it's great.

I use the same one primarily for tracking my exercise. Its just now i realized why i always feel good when i wake up now and its because of that thing it does when waking you up before your actual alarm.

yet another snake oil

enjoy your placebo

what does it even do? do you put on a heart beat sensor and connect it to the phone or what?

how can it 'meassure' when you're sleeping light

>do you actually think every job is a corporate 9-5 hellhole, being forced to work in a grey cubicle, in a grey suit, in a grey building, in a grey city?
when you can do whatever the fuck you want all day erryday, it may as well be

Now people are willingly giving away their sleeping habits information to god knows who.

We are having exactly the future that we deserve, everyone gives out their personal or private information away on the shittiest whims, then proceed to complain about botnet.
Can't wait to see when the technology goes even further to the masses with shit like your own blood being tested straight from the phone just for holding it and posted automatically to facebook.

Adam posted: Feel better about that clap, John.
>Annie liked this

Go to bed at 21:00 and you'll wake up at 5:00 or 6:00 naturally (after getting some used to it).

You can actually easily make the transition by not sleeping one night, and then going to bed early the next day.

Read the description.
You lay it next to you in your bed. Then it measures your movement. If you move very little, you're probably in deep sleep (bad time to wake up), if you're moving more, you're likely in light sleep (OK to wake up).

Like fuck I'm going to place my expensive phone next to me in bed while I sleep.

What are you afraid of? Eating it?

Shilling placebo garbage apps is against the rules. Reported, enjoy your ban.

It goes under mattress. I placed mine inside leather case and it sill detected movement well.

In the end, though, I decided to not sleep near a source of EM radiation.

>What is airplane mode

How is that any better? Under the weight of the mattress and a limp body? Fuck sakes.

The phone is not as fragile as you imagine it to be.

He probably bought a Samsung, so it actually is.

>tfw it takes you 30-90 minutes to fall asleep
Fuck this app, I can judge my 'sleep' time to get an accurate alarm for the morning.

This used to be the case for me, too. Now it only takes up to 60 minutes, usually less than 30.
Not due to silly apps, but I go to bed an hour earlier, and read for an hour. An hour of lying down gives you a chance to adjust your bedding to get comfy, not too hot, not too cold (hopefully) and relaxes your body.

You sleep with your mum?
This
Youre doing it wrong.

now this is shilling

Yeah I used it last year.

I could get up, do that, and be back in bed asleep within 15 seconds.

Can you use one of those without having the phone on your bed?

Why the hell would I wanna wake up at 5:30 AM?

pseudo science.

You can also get up, go to the grocery store and scan the barcode from the bottle you told the app to scan to turn off the alarm, and be back in bed asleep within 3 minutes.

Getting out of bed is the hardest part. If you're that much of a faggot to go back to the bed even when you're already in the bathroom ready to shower then you're just a lazy cunt.

I used to sleep at least 7 hours to function, optimal being 8 hours. I now sleep around 6 hours a day. I guess I aged.