News:
Oneplus 3 releases - 820, 6GB RAM, 1080p AMOLED, 3000 mAh
androidauthority.com/oneplus-3-review-698440/
oneplus.net/

Oneplus X line discontinued
gsmarena.com/oneplus_x_will_not_have_a_successor_confirms_ceo-news-18836.php

Note 6 or 7 to be released August 2nd
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note7_to_be_unpacked_on_august_2-news-18812.php

Xiaomeme Redmi 3s announced - 5-inch, 720p, Snapdragon 430, 4,100 mAh battery 2/3GB RAM
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_3s_is_now_official_with_snapdragon_430_soc_and_fingerprint_reader-news-18810.php

Other urls found in this thread:

mydealz.de/deals/gearbest-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-32gb-3gb-ram-5-5-zoll-dual-sim-16mp-fingerabdrucksensor-751979
ebay.ca/itm/172003115244
vodafone.com.au/mobile-phones
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for S7

didn't see anything noteworthy new-wise since the last post, so kept it as is.

Is the LG G4 a good phone? I love the design and i can buy it for about 320 euros.

Currently, i own a moto g

>Is the LG G4 a good phone?
No.

> i can buy it for about 320 euros.
Jesus fuck, no.

A video I promised someone:
Zelda OOT running parallel to Video Girl Ai (SD) with subtitles. The game is running a bit slow but I still found it to be very impressive. This is a 2011, single core 1ghz phone with 512mb ram that shipped with Android 2.2. Android 6.0 runs flawlessly, despite the shitty specs.

why not?

Satanic trips confirm that Xperia Play is probably the most interesting/worthwhile single core phone left.

It was me who requested the video, I actually had forgotten about it. That's pretty impressive given the phone specs.

step it up senpai

It's an old, overpriced piece of shit with hardware bootloop issue.
You can get Mi5 or OP2 for that price.

Impressive

Nice overclock m8. 2.7 all cores?
I'm not ready to trip knox yet.

I'm glad you ended up seeing it!

I believe it goes up to 2.8. Not entirely stable, but usable for benchmarking. If I recall correctly the record is at 7800 for multi-core

Yeah I saw that one.
You not going to reduce your dpi a bit? Stock is way over scaled.

>need a good phone with long battery life
>1+3 has good sized battery and smaller screen, which should mean less drain from screen

Is my logic right or is there some wriggle here? I don't watch videos or anything on my phone, I just want something that will handle most non-game apps smoothly, and keep a charge with moderate use (Browser, Square and Clover mainly) on and off for most of a day. Not getting too hot would be nice as well. I've had problems with my current phone (Galaxy s4) overheating after being outside when it gets really sweltering here.

I don't really care about storage, most of my listening is audiobooks and I just swap them when I finish them since I carry my laptop on any trip longer than a day

>old
not that old, and it was a flagship, so hardware is still nice
>bootloop issue
LG admitted it had that problem a while ago, so now it should be good (?)
>You can get Mi5 or OP2
I'm not getting any fucking chinkphones

I'm considering it, but I think I'll keep it at stock as my vision is somewhat bad.

>LG admitted it had that problem a while ago, so now it should be good (?)

With LG, the bootloop is eternal and inescapable

576 dpi will give you 1:1 pixels with no scaling, give it a try sometime.

Looking for a phone 4.8-5.5" with good cam, audo, battery, screen, etc..
You know, overall good phone for up to 400€ with full EU LTE support.

I've already narrowed it down to the following:

Moto G4 Plus 4/64GB, good specs but plastic.. -- 344€
P9 Lite, good specs but shit UI.. -- 290€
OPX, overall very good, shit battery.. -- 240€
OP3, overall very good, concerned about battery.. -- 400€
ZUK Z 2, very nice but not available in EU.. -- ca. 300€
RN3P, very nice but not available in EU.. -- ca. 250€
Zenfone 3, good, but prob. not available in EU.. -- ca. 300€
Nexus 5, good but absolutely disgusting battery and used.. -- ca. 150€
Moto Z Force, big question mark..

Does anyone have some suggestions, recommendations what to get and why?
I'd prefer something i don't have to import myself, since it's always related to some kind of hassle.

Is my poney good

Don't listen to this faggot I have a G4 and it runs ok, no real issues, camera is a beast, battery is not so good. For 320 I said you're good
But yeah, the bootloop is still an issue

Paying 320 Euro for and old flasgsip with an SD808 is retarded no matter how your'e going to spin this.
N5X and Mi4c have the same SoC for half of it. also, the bootloop is not fixed, and LG won't give a shit if it breaks.

wasn't that bootloop problem a hardware-related thing? could it be that LG fixed that with later-built models?

>>Zenphone Maxxx
>barely passable camera, according to reviews
>sexxxy battery life
>shit screen res (720p)
>FM radio a plus? I guess
>nonremovable battery, not even a problem with 5kmAh
>microsd
>shitty processor/gpu? Not too sure about good cpus/gpus
>almost half the price of an already discounted Moto x Pure
>
>
>
>
>
>>Moto X Pure/Style
>sexy screen res
>sexdy screen res likely to suck battery even faster
>+1 ram than zan maxxx
>pretty good camera
>don't fucking have to worry about it working on a carrier, works on all big ones
>average 3kmAh battery
>almost double the price of zenphone
>no retarded bloatware

help me choose Sup Forums?

i thought about 5X, but I want a really great camera and screen, the 5X doesn't have them.
Also, no microsd

Hey /spg/, could you recommend me a phone near the 150$ mark? I'm open to any chink stuff, yet I'd like the store to have an EU warehouse.

OP3 is the safest bet IMO. already has CM13 running.

Also, all those chinks you listed will ship to EU from China. takes a while but might be worth it with the RN3P or Zuk Z2.

Redmi 3 Pro/ Redmi 3S Pro.
I think gearbest has an EU warehouse, or fast DHL shipping to Europe.

Shipping via DHL cost ca. 20€ and i've to pay 19% of the total as taxes.
Meaning if i buy a chinkphone for 300€, i'll pay 20€ shipping and 57-61€ taxes, depending on whether they inlcude the shipping costs or not, resulting in ca. 380€ total.
This problem aside, importing means you don't have full support from EU, which is always bad.

I'm kind of leaning towards the OP3, too.
It's expensive and over my budget, but if the battery doesn't suck it's worth the money.
P9 Lite looks good, too, but imo overpriced for the specs at 290€ and the UI is, well..

What is the best camera smartphone right now Sup Forums? Especially one that takes best photos at night.
Help me out.

Oh. that does indeed suck. maybe the Moto is a better alternative. I personally don't care about plastic/metal.

What kind of questions is that? Do you value battery more? I suggest moto x pure for future proofing. And the battery ain't that wack but competing with 5k battery might make it look miniscule.

Don't know about s7 edge but LG g4 or the better brother with added feature LG v10 can do that wonderfully.

Yeah I know they're suited to much different uses, I just can't decide. :/

S7

Welcome to Jewmany, my dear friend.
Moto G4 Plus, the 4/64GB variant indeed looks very nice, but 344 for those specs? I don't know..
Difference between Moto G4 Plus and OP3 are 55€, maybe i save for another wait 1 month more and spend the fucking shekels on the OP3.
God the absurdity of the tech industry infuriates me.

>Moto G4 Plus, the 4/64GB variant indeed looks very nice, but 344 for those specs? I don't know..

Yeah, 344€ for and SD617 is quite ridiculous. it's basically an SD616 with more bands. the Redmi 3 is selling for ~$140 with that chip.
At least with the OP3 you get SD820 and shitload of RAM.

Looks like the OP3 is the clear winner. God all that money gone.
Probably have to buy a new PC, too, since my current one might have died.
Guess it's a year of dry bread, water and no fun allowed then.

There has to be German retailers with the RN3P and other chinks in stock so you can avoid customs right? there are local shops here in my tiny European country that stock them so they must exist in Germany..
They do have a markup over Ali, but sometimes it's still worth it.

Getting new phone in august. Should I get a 6p or one plus 3? Or any other suggestions? The only thing I dont care about is the camera so just good general phones.

Carrier doesnt matter and usa btw but unlocked preferably

>SD810
>SD820
OP3 easy.

Then get moto x pure. You won't regret it. Never consider any Asustism phone. Especially the budget one.

Unfortunately, as far as i know, there is no german or european reseller.
If i had the possibility to avoid 20€ shipping + customs, it's easy RN3P or other chinkphone.
Some shops on Ali offer shipping from EU/germany, but none offers a phone i'm interested in, mostly only Dogee or Cubot.

>5.7"

Specs looks a little better, battery a lil worse. Also any usa recommendation for a pay as you go plan? If i got the 6p i was probably gonna use google fi. But the one plus 3 looks nice

>the 5x doesn't have a really great camera

wut

is the 6p still worth buying, thinking of picking one up later this month, also the s7 seems very compelling to buy

def

about to pull the trigger on a z5 compact. Has anyone else switched from a phablet to a

I'm still running a flip phone, waiting for smartphones to go from good to amazing. Is there a smartphone with shit hot specs yet? Or should I just keep waiting until Googles modular phone finally becomes real?

the modular phone won't have swappable battery or soc though

>waiting for smartphones to go from good to amazing
You can wait forever then

Adaway is amazing. Must have for root

What root apps do you recommend other than AFwall+, adaway, titanium baclup and greenify?

dude I lived in Germany for only one year and learned the best place to get cheap shit over there: MyDealz
mydealz.de/deals/gearbest-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-32gb-3gb-ram-5-5-zoll-dual-sim-16mp-fingerabdrucksensor-751979

tom delay? haven't seen that pic in like 10 years. Modular phone is actually a dumb idea and will be underwhelming. I'd just get an iPhone as it's the best mobile phone experience. Lotta android phones on the market are hot garbage and the ecosystem is trash.

I'm looking for a phone that isn't big as hell, works with Verizon, and around 300 bucks. I like the way the S6 and S7 feel in my hand.

What should I go for? I'm sick and tired of my Xperia Z3v that Verizon doesn't update and has gone through hell physically but I'm stuck with it due to contract.

5x

Currently in contract with Verizon and looking to switch to T-Mobile (and have them pay my ETF). Are there any headaches associated with this process?

cheap phone with micro sd slot?

Thanks but their EU warehouse is out of stock. If they get another charge around 30.06-09.07 i might get one. The RN3P has excellent value for the money, the only problem is that is doesn't support LTE band 20, which is the worst of the three bands to be missing in germany.

I am looking for a cheap phone ~$300 CAD that is like the zenfone 2. I just dropped it and the screen got completely smashed. If the phone can play Hearthstone and has a micro sd slot I am set.

where do I go from lg v10.

I don't like the built in software.

money no object

send me £42.40 so I can afford a OnePlus3 then please dude

Oh and my advice would be from looking at phones for about a month, LGs build quality around that time can be shoddy, the LG G4 I had died of bootloop and I had no warranty so sold for parts. You'd probably prefer a HTC 10 or that Samsung s7 if you really have spare cash

Bump

>buying Nexus 5
>seller describes alterations
>Relatively in good condition after 2+ years of use. Has screen protector (ZAGG InvisibleShield but no longer "self heals"), the back cover was removed to get at the battery as the original OEM battery life has deterioted. >Battery installed is this one: ebay.ca/itm/172003115244 (yes it's not an OEM battery, couldn't get an OEM battery from the usual repair stores in Toronto).

Having a battery replaced, is this a good sign for me or a bad sign? The battery itself seems to have decent ratings on it and I know having a fresh batt on a Nexus is usually a good idea

pic

Is fixed on models from last December to current month. Ignore those faggots, LG will replace or repair your phone for free ir you get an affected model.

The latest sofware update solves battery drain and increases battery life. You can flash it manually with LGUP and debloat your device in the process.

I keep hearing good things about the Galaxy S7. What are the cons of this phone, and is the Edge much better than the base?

Do you have a source for that? My LG G4 I bought in May 2015 bootlooped last week and I got a replacement from my carrier that was manufactured in May 2016. I was looking for info on if the problem was actually fixed but I did not find anything confirming that, just that LG acknowledged it is a problem.

Everyone is saying its a great phone, and dash charge is fucking killer supposedly. Go for it

The cons are for starters its actually slower in real life application than the latest iPhone.

If you buy it in the US you will get the Snapdragon variant which has a slower CPU than the Exynos(international model), but a better GPU apparantly.

The edge has larger battery life and a bigger screen. The edged screen itself is basically a gimmick though. All around, there is no contest that it is the best Android phone at the moment.

help? how do I get lgup? I don't have a computer

s7. That lowlight feature is better than I expected. It rivals your actual eyes in terms of what it sees the dark.

Guy asking for One+3 cash here from before

I stupidly bought one off Ebay, H811 T-Mobile variant in the UK. Was cheap but couldnt claim for warranty, looked up reddits and forums for fixes and the perception then was the newer models were still breaking and the only fix involved gimping the processor to one core.

wondering if i should get the note 5 with 32gb of mem or the s6 with 65gb for the same price?

Fuck, I just bought the Redmi 3 a few days ago. Is the Redmi 3s that much better that I should cancel and order that one or is the regular Redmi 3 ok?

Why is everyone talking about the note 7, has the note 6 even been announced?

samsung is skipping note 6 so it could keep up with the s line

Th...that's a joke right?

I know this isn't smartphone per se but I have a question.

I'm interested in a mi band 2, is it too different from a pebble? I want to make exercise and see how much I improve, and look at the time without having to look at the phone.

how do i push my S7?

not that user but it does make sense. all flagship phones are on the same number. it's more for pleb consumers that don't keep track of stuff like we do

still looking for help on this.

Asking here since the Dumb Questions thread never responded.

Currently studying abroad in Japan and needed to get a new phone. I bought an iPhone and put my SIM card in but my mobile network isn't working unlike how it previously did with my now dead Galaxy S4. My carrier is Tmobile so it has a partnership with some of the local carriers I think to allow for access to their network while here. I know the phone is SIM unlocked as well as I bought it from the apple store and have been able to text home.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do or if there's something I did wrong? It's my first iPhone so I'm not all that familiar with it yet.

bought an iphone in japan? Compatibility of phones is weird in Japan, I worked at a phone store here in NZ, we had an iPhone from Japan and couldn't get it to work here although iPhones usually do. Take it to a shop and see if they can do anything.

Guys I'm not good at finding which phones to buy so do you have any tips? Is it just like looking for computers?

The phones I'm looking from are from this list:vodafone.com.au/mobile-phones

For starters what kind of price range and what do you want in a new phone that you aren't getting in your current phone? why are you thinking of buying one to start with?

Is the samsung gear vr any good? I have an S7 edge, would it look good with my phone?

Been using it for a couple months now. Absoloutely love it. It's fast as fuck, emulates psp games near perfect, camera is great, feels nice in hand, decent call quality, screen is beautiful, water resistant.

Cons:
-Battery is meh, pretty typical android battery life
-always touch edges by accident
-takes some time getting used to the look of edges

I also only paid 179$ (final) for it, so I can't complain.

My current plan has run out so since I'm going to since renew it I'll get a new phone also. I'm, thinking around the $40-45/month price at most. I'd like to have decent amounts of storage space (my current phone is a pain to deal with cause it's only got 8 Gb, I think). I saw the HTC one X9 and it seems pretty good. It's a lot of features like those of the higher end ones but it's cheaper.

I installed KingRoot to root my galaxy S4 and now I see there's something called Kingo Root. Did I get memed on or something? I genuinely have no idea if I compromised my data by being fucking retarded

pls no bully

How does the new Oneplus compare to those? I'm not him but my main concern is the camera. I don't know if I want to spend $800 on an s7 yet though.

pls respond

how?