Why the hell does every DDR4 ram stick over 2400mhz have fucking massive ass heat spreaders and look like shit

Why the hell does every DDR4 ram stick over 2400mhz have fucking massive ass heat spreaders and look like shit.

There you go. Minimalist and dark as your soul.

aggressive design to appeal to the younger crowd

Because the main customers are clueless gamers who just want higher numbers.

I'd say dremel it off but make sure you remove the heatsink first so you don't end up with little aluminum pieces that might bridge some cotacts

Or just don't use a case with a window.

heat spreaders give you +10 fps
bonus points if theyre red

Yeah looking inside your pc is retarded, but the spreaders can be in the way of cpu heatsinks

Corsair vengeance or the Kingston hyperX stuff have fairly small heat spreaders and are often cheaper than naked chips.

>mobile posting
>caring about such petty things as a heat sink
why does it matter so much to you?

Just get something low profile then ya dingus.

aren't ram speeds a meme anyway?

memes are a meme

Yep, LPX is probably as minimal as it gets during the second PC gaymur age

>minimalist
>shaped like a fucking lamborghini

I don't really find the LPX series to be offensive at all. I'd prefer bare RAM sticks, but I don't see anything wrong with what is basically just a (fairly plain) cover.

>second PC gaymur age
We had a first "gaymur" age?

I think is because the gamer world influence.
you can't just have a functional RAM, it has to be cool gaming stuff.
RAM with leds. soon.

Yes it was during the Q6600 and Phenom era you dingus.

You could just, you know, take the heat spreaders off.

K L E V V
L
E
V
V

Because they're fucking l33t, bitch.
Because people keep buying them
I really idk they look cool and it's the standard now, just like faggoty ass RGB lighting finding it's way into everything.

This. I have a 3200MHz LPX kit and it's fine. Even have it running at 3333MHz with nothing changed except the clock speed.

Nah I guess RAM speeds have more of an effect with DDR4, but that's probably because they can go up to 4GHz and beyond. Makes you think tho

no heat spreader
sweet dragon
white PCB

10/10