Can you put a price on freedom?

Can you put a price on freedom?

system 76

Can someone explain to me this off center touchpad meme?

Because it's where people have their hands.

It's meant for retarded left hand people.

The open spaces to the right is where I usually use my wireless mouse.

I'm left handed but I always use my mouse on the right.

I'm left handed and my mouse is on the right hand. I use my right hand for a mouse sometimes the left

mfw you don't get funded

im left handed but i use my mouse on the left

Surely the wifi card runs on non free drivers, and as usual the hard drive is not open.

>No proprietary software, but proprietary hardware and firmware
>While the Purism Librem 15 does run fully open-source software, it doesn't have open-source hardware. Those Intel and NVIDIA chips were picked because it works well with open-source software, but the hardware itself is a closed black box that you can’t hack on.

lel, so it's pretty much like any other laptop. Except it costs twice as much.

It also contains a proprietary BIOS, Intel ME and other shit every other laptop has too. You could buy one of those dell laptops running ubuntu and literally have the same result. This thing is a joke.

Is this a joke?

> no track point

No. Why would it be?

You put the mouse on top of the laptop?

$200.
Go on eBay and pick up an x200 with Libreboot already flashed.

$200 for 5 minutes of soldering to a giant spi chip? Wonder if those things actually sell.

Obviously not if I am at a tables or something with adequate room, but if I am balancing it on my lap or some such then yes.

Just use the trackpad then.

>>but the hardware itself is a closed black box that you can’t hack on.
like there is any such thing has hardware you can "hack on" short of an entirely FPGA based system, even then, you can't do shit to the FPGAs themselves

No, I disable those things immediately.

>protect digital life
No camera blocker
What are you doing?

Disregard previous comment

Would this laptop be a better choice than using a regular DELL with Tails in terms of privacy?

pseudo-ergonomics. The basic idea is you're not going to use the 10 key very much so you're hands will almost always be resting on the left side of your computer where the main part of your keyboard is. from that thought pattern the trackpad is directly below the center of the keyboard so the hands only have to move strait down to access it. Also if you put a trackpoint on the keyboard its left and right buttons would be directly above the left mounted trackpad. that is why it is located there.

No.

>using Intel processors
>freedom

Intel has been placing proprietary binary blobs on the processor since 2009 such that if you remove the blob the processor is basically bricked. Really, the only thing to use anymore is POWER8, MIPS, or ARM.e AMD is just as bad as Intel since 2013.

i hate GNOME

This is probably the biggest scam/fails on free-libre computer world. I don't know if the person responsible for the project was too naive or completely evil, because he either tough that he could reverse engineer all the intel bits on the BIOs or he only tough how big the profit would be to sell Chinese macbook clones to naive free software enthusiasts.

>chiclet keys

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The woes of non Apple laptops

If you hold a compass up to your touchpad you may notice that it behaves strangely,
that's because the electric current constantly running through your laptop has magnetized certain items inside,
but by moving the touch pad slightly to one side, instead of directly in the center, for some reason, it no longer happens

Chris says No Thanks

>free
>proprietary hardware

>wireless and Bluetooth combined
DROPPED

because most people don't use their middle hand for their mouse

Fuck this bullshit, lowRISC when

>middle hand

>proprietary firmware on the proprietary hardware

have you ever tried switching? after like half a day, my clicks were 10 times more precise.

Memes

?