/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Watches-Men-Luxury-Brand-NOMOS-Quartz-Watches-Men-Leather-Watch-Casual-Wristwatch-Male-Clock-relojes-hombre/32654660564.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.11.UUTZSl&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_8,searchweb201602_4_10017_405_404_507,searchweb201603_10&btsid=a373e670-8752-43c7-955c-1236832c483f
aliexpress.com/item/mens-watches-top-brand-luxury-nomos-famous-watches-fashion-casual-leather-men-watches-quartz-watch-clock/32667809482.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.61.ar1oxI&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_8,searchweb201602_4_10017_405_404_507,searchweb201603_10&btsid=a373e670-8752-43c7-955c-1236832c483f
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it works.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Hey, look. The angry guy is back

first for globtrekking bagels

Mail came today, no unboxing cause I'm not a faggot and I don't feel like lubing up my dragon dildo just to fit my watches over it.
Pics coming.

>true beauty

Post your watchmaker tools

>implying any of you /fa/g/s do any watchmaking more complicated than a bezel swap or a new band.

You literally just bought that for the novelty.

I have gotten curious about bootleg watches and have decided to buy a nomos from aliexpress for up to $20. Is there any particular fake which is most worth buying?
at the moment I am thinking about getting:
aliexpress.com/item/Watches-Men-Luxury-Brand-NOMOS-Quartz-Watches-Men-Leather-Watch-Casual-Wristwatch-Male-Clock-relojes-hombre/32654660564.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.11.UUTZSl&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_8,searchweb201602_4_10017_405_404_507,searchweb201603_10&btsid=a373e670-8752-43c7-955c-1236832c483f
or
aliexpress.com/item/mens-watches-top-brand-luxury-nomos-famous-watches-fashion-casual-leather-men-watches-quartz-watch-clock/32667809482.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.61.ar1oxI&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_8,searchweb201602_4_10017_405_404_507,searchweb201603_10&btsid=a373e670-8752-43c7-955c-1236832c483f

>I can take or leave your average brown leather strap
>Two-tone is disgusting in general

you ever find a watch that breaks your prejudices Sup Forums?

it would be quite a shame for one of these to sit on some collector's shelf and never be used.
this one isn't even an interesting one.

I'm pretty smitten but I don't have 2 grand to drop at the moment. feels bad man

You can't make a watch with an onahole.

For that guy in the last thread asking how the Lord Marvel looks on a NATO

I'd say pretty good

Does a sexier digital watch exist that can be bought new?

Got two, I suck dick at taking pictures. If anyone wants more/has tips to not take shit pictures let me know.

Don't use direct lighting

Sadly neither of these do any justice to them.

changed the bezel springs yesterday. Nice and tight like new, feels good man.

As opposed to what?

Ambient. Use reflected light whenever possible.

Diffused.

No, I get that, I mean how? Wait for daytime? All the lights in my apartment are over head.

Not much you can do then. I use lamps and such pointed at walls and ceilings to get a similar effect, or shine smaller ones at sheets of paper. You don't want a lamp with a reflection path off the watch and into the camera.

I love seeing the old Jap and Ruski contributions, but where are the vintage Swiss at?

Well, I do need a new desk lamp. Maybe that pointed at a wall. I'll give that a try in the future thanks.

Those both look like the 5 dollar one you can get off aliexpress. The guy that bought it didn't measure it though

While not new, take a look at the lineup of Citizen Ana Digis. As for new, sexy and digital don't really go together, but you could look into the Casio A500.

Looks really beat up.

Does it not have a sapphire glass?

First for IWC

Pilot watches confirmed most legible

Why do RGM watches cost tens of thousands of dollars?

Does it really cost so much to produce a mechanical watch? Or do they just want to compete with Rolex etc?

It really does cost a considerable amount to produce a well made mechanical movement. Especially in small quantities.
These aren't your $2 aliexpress movements.

Of course that's not to say there isn't a large profit margin.

You mean like two of their models out of like 20? The tourbillon and caliber 20?

Quick shot of my new Astron I got today. Initial impressions are very positive. It might not seem like it from pictures but it's actually very legible and easy to read the time from a glace despite all the stuff going on with the dial. Speaking of the dial I'll try to get a better another but there is some really nice depth and dimension to it. Also I was a little worried about it but the strap is super comfortable.

Heyo

This citizen is well and truly fucked. As a token to how hard I got fucked in the ass buying this thing here it is next to some Vaseline

how come?

no1curr

I have the exact same headphones. Could you put the watch on one od the headphones and take a pic so I can get a feel of the size of it?

It is as wound as it will let me and its power reserve is still so low I can ghetto hack it

That has probably been the problem the whole time, it runs out of power, looses a few hours and starts ticking gain when I pick it up

Protreks are pretty sexy imo

You cucked yourself hard buying that

Looks like my Citizen

It was literally half the price of that Oceanus. I'm OK with the fact that my Astron maybe isn't quite as good for that big of a price difference.

How much did you pay for it?

>Astron maybe isn't quite as good
Do you seriously believe that?

I got it from the Lex Tempus sale for $745 shipped.

The Oceanus definitely has nicer materials. It's all titanium vs my Astron's steel and rubber.

Why the fuck didn't you get the regular 3 hand oceanus then?
It's around 500. Nobody on Sup Forums needs a gps watch
The oceanus is objectively better built, better looking and has a better movement.

If you say so.

did u send the cunt his anthrax yet

Maybe people would like you if you weren't so condescending.

>Hsent the watch in a box from his business
>Address easily found on Google
>Currently working on a car bomb to remotely detonate

If the government is reading this, which I'm almost certain they are, go harass some Muslims instead of reading my online posts. Anything posted on here is satire

Big trend about to kick off. Wearing watches around your ankles. Screen cap this post, I want to be given credit for the fashion icon I am

is the current brosef an imposter?
i thought he had a trip

why dont you go put those shoes on your bed you dirty fucking savage

>he disagrees with me, how condescending
I don't really care if you like me.

>implying JosefStalin is even a person, he is a idea, a concept, several posters with a similar persona and taste for watches have banded together to provide you with watch related entertainment, I'm a discount Archie luxury fuckers

Your mum doesn't let me wear shoes in the house

Does that mean you go for discount thai ladyboys?

What does /wt/ think of this watch. I currently have an eco-drive that I love but want something a bit more elegant with leather band for other occasions.
$4.50 off ebay so probably can't go wrong, or will I just hate the quality of it.
I think what I like about it is the elegant looking face and I do like the rounded glass bezel.

Anyone have any suggestions of similar maybe better quality without breaking the bank?

Give Rodina watches a look. They probably use the same exact case, but have an actual mechanical movement in them and sit around $115 give or take 5.

How does fuck you sound?
Also I'm not the only one. user here recently passed horological exam for manufacture

Just looking at it, definitely not sapphire

Still interested in offloading it? I'm still buying shit to pull apart

Maybe an odd question, but how big on average are the faces of Rodinas? I have thinner wrists and try to only stick with the smaller faced watches as anything larger and it looks silly.

That picture above looks like 38-42mm

They say about 38, but people say it's more like 40.

Just measured my Citizen and the glass face is only 31mm diameter and about 40mm in total including metal edge.

When you guys say 38-42 and 40 is that a measurement of the glass?

Rodina says ~38mm, but people say it looks more like 40 in person.

The round portion of the case is 38mm, but due to the long lugs it wears as if it was more like ~41mm with traditional lugs.
Lug to lug is more important than case diameter.

>not owning the F-91W

I chose not to got for Mujihadeen-core, and instead went for Sketchy Car Dealership Owner-core.

That's a nice looking watch, however the color combo does not suit me.

I can feel that. I want a gold tone A500, DB380, or DBC611, but I'm not some pooloo so a gold Casio would probably look out of place on my pasty arms.

Normally a case without crown measurement.
There is another typical measurement which is lug to lug bit that is normally stated as lug to lug to stop confusion

Nope, I'm the angry guy. I responded because I didn't like the way you responded to him last time.

Now that everyone has a cell phones which work perfectly fine as timepieces, wristwatches are basically just a symptom of millennial narcissism. They're for superficial pseudoyuppies who want to look "classy" and impress people with their taste/wealth, much like niggers who buy ridiculous cars to attract women or some kind of chimp showing off his impressive cock size in the jungle.

List literally one practical application of wristwatches besides the ape tier logic of "I'm attracted to shiny things and it will make other people think I'm cool." There are a few reasonable excuses like a profession where you're not allowed to carry a cell phone. I'm listening.

No one gives a shit, you idiot.

> not filtering tripfags

I literally had no idea OP was a tripcunt till I saw your drama.

Lrn2Filter.

If you filtered him, you wouldn't see this thread though.

>world time
>casio
>5 alarms
>adjust
>light
>wr100m
>mode
>search
>10year battery
>illuminator!
>sexy
There's more writings than functions, top kek. I'm interested in buying a cheap decent digital but not like this.

Prefer the bang chongs in Bali

I'll get back to you, it has started working properly again, gave it wind 2 hours ago and it is still going strong and on time. I'll see if it just needs a service to get working non sketchy. It's a real nice watch on the outside. If it's fucked I'll give it to you on the cheap, Tasmania guy right?

Use natural light, move near the window to take pictures.

Put something on a bedside lamp, like a white t-shirt or some kind of filter on the side that directly lights the object.

I just don't get the thought process here. I mean it's literally retarded.

Pocket watches were he norm until wrist watches came about and were more convenient.
So, now people argue that wrist watches are irrelevant because you always have a clock in your pocket, essentially a pocket watch. A proven less convenient way of telling time.

I just don't even.

Are you this autistic understanding emotions in real life too?

You're 20 years late, it was a trend in the nineties here.

Buy some new shoes if you have money for broken watches for fuck's sake and stop wearing them inside the house.

>chose to ignore reality
Not my cup of tea.
You did.

>chose to ignore reality

>Wahhh my butt hurts, respect my feelings
These threads have become really bad.

I swear my next acquisition is going to be a Tissot Seastar of some kind. What a great looking watch. As for the vintage Swiss contributors... They're buried under a pile of Penisquartz and 52 calibers.

The nineties were truly the low point for watches. Aside from the Seiko SKX, can you think of one good thing to come out of that decade?

He has a point, there wouldn't be so much drama without him.

What are some sorta good locking cheap digital watches?

Looking at the Casio AE1200 right now.

how do i do this

Yeah that's me
I'm on labanda tonight getting some half decent tools.
Think I'm going to get serious about this shit

But I do.

>That reflective glass.
Fucking garbage fake.