It's 2017 and it's been proven that P = NP

It's 2017 and it's been proven that P = NP.

What changes tomorrow?

The number of problems I have.

Most encryption is fucked?

Logic circuit design got a whole lot easier?

>2017
Why do only the stupidest, least educated fucktards bring this shit up?

Deep down we all know the dream of P = NP just isn't true. There's no way that every problem can have its solution validated.

The same kind of people who think P = NP are the same kind of people who think we can upload consciousness into computers, nano bots can take over the world and wear dark glasses and leather trenchcoats.

all my tendies fly out the window

Not gonna happen, bud.

Nothing.

But funny enough at my University one of our bigger professors is currently reviewing a paper that may proof that P != NP.

Come up with a proof for P != NP or fuck off.

Why don't you come up with a proof for P = NP, that direction is much much easier to proof.

>nano bots can take over the world and wear dark glasses and leather trenchcoats.
Absolutely stupid, do they think Burberry is going to make them in such small sizes?

Finally this stupid debate will end?

If this is real, I'm personally going to suck the guy's cock

ONLY A BITCH MOFO BELIVES P=NP FUCK YOU FOR BELIEVING AND DEBATING IT ENOUGH ! ENOUGH!! FUCKING BITCH MONGOLOID ARABS.

Of course you can upload your consciousness at some point. All you have to do is sync your brain to the computer, then have a gun setup to shoot you in the head at the exact moment you break the sync.

No duplicate you problem, etc.

it doesnt matter, its just a concept and:

we will develop hardware able to solve NP problems fast soon (decades)

you can do NP computations with light and electricity and some other stuff like bacteria already for a given problem you can solve it in linear time if you have the hardware to build a chip to solve your problem. Once we can reprogram them instead of making them for each input, we will be able to solve all of em.

quantum computers are NOT ntms
fuck off

0 = 0 x 0

Problem solved.

/thread

I didn't see the paper myself, nor would I understand the stuff that happens there. But according to a friend over there it's using some crazy stuff and concepts for this proof.

The review is done by Prof. Dr. math. K. Rüdiger Reischuk and his colleges, at the institute for theoretical computer science at the University of Lübeck, Germany.

No idea who the author is. To be fair, stuff like that happened before, so the Professor is fairly skeptical about that paper. They are yet trying to find an error tho.

I suppose the most simple example is to write out a completely random Algebra equation and solve it to the minimums, repeat this and see how many have a definitive numeric answer.

But most half educated retards would shout "P = NP is a physical design issue" or "Simple algebra can't prove a thesis" like the dipshit, stuck in the box retards they are.

But-but... NPSPACE = PSPACE ._.

Actually this stuff happens _all_ the time. Pajeets (but other people too) submit NP=P and NP!=P proofs all the time. Some of the names are so infamous that noone even looks at them.

Read 'What To Do When the Trisector Comes' by Underwood Dudley. It's the same nowdays but with NP=P.

yes, but in this case this isn't a pajeet. And the professor reviewing it, isn't one either. He is from one of the few insitutes for theoretical computer science in germany. So, if he says the proof is correct, I gotta believe in him.

In the end it get's peer-reviewed and then we will see. It looks promising but I keep critical.

>one of the few insitutes for theoretical computer science in germany
What? There are tons in Germany.

acutally not that many pure TCS institutes. usually mixed with math. Next to Lübeck there is Braunschweig, Hannover, Dresden. There may be a few that I am missing, but those are the ones I know about. Strictly talking about institutes for pure theoretical computer science.

Yes pretty much every university in germany has a department for theorical CS in germany as theoretical CS is part of the obligatory courses of any decent university.

no, they offer a lecture about theoretical computer science but not that many have a pure department dedicated to research of TCS.

I'm not saying I don't believe the prof, I just have hard time believing that the proof is correct, and I think everyone should be very skeptical until the paper is not read by at least two people. I'm sure your prof have similar opinion.

yes he does. The issue is that he and his colleges went over the paper several times now without finding an error. But they are still reviewing it, because they are indeed very skeptical.

No they do. Every decent university has, fuck even the FH a few miles away from my University has a fucking theoretical CS department(well if you ignore the fact that they currently have no head as TU munich and sometimes LMU steal everyone with skills in theoretical CS in a 200 miles radius).

i bet you believe in god familia