/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>OnePlus 3 update in the works: sRGB mode, better RAM management
gsmarena.com/oneplus_3_update_in_the_works_srgb_mode_better_ram_management-news-18993.php

>Xiaomi Redmi 3s starts selling today globally, USA included
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_3s_starts_selling_today_globally_usa_included-news-18992.php

>Oppo Find 9 specs with SD821, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB ROM , 4100 mAh Battery leaks
androidpure.com/oppo-find-9-specs-with-sd821-8-gb-ram-128-gb-rom-4100-mah-battery-leaks/

>Xiaomi Mi5S and Mi Note 2 rumoured with Snapdragon 821, 8GB RAM and dual cameras
gizchina.com/2016/06/23/xiaomi-mi5s-and-mi-note-2-rumoured-with-snapdragon-821-8gb-ram-and-dual-cameras/

>Doogee T6 Pro with huge 6250 mAh battery and fast charge support on sale
gizchina.com/2016/06/22/doogee-t6-pro-huge-battery-fast-charge-support-sale/

>Honor 8 will reportedly be made official this week
gsmarena.com/honor_8_will_reportedly_be_made_official_this_week-news-18984.php

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B013SEXM5E
youtube.com/watch?v=o3jSLNeSFz4
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0163800S4
fastcardtech.com/Huawei-Honor-5C.html
fastcardtech.com/Asus-Pegasus-5000.html
amazon.com/gp/product/B0064DWDGG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TUGUUGY/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466703465&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=blason s6 case&dpPl=1&dpID=51ynm6AQ6PL&ref=plSrch
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875705046&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cell Phones - No Contract Phone-_-N82E16875705046&gclid=CjwKEAjwka67BRCk6a7_h_7Pui8SJABcMkWReaHobQcqQWpurThMUBetP_wQPKjH10NnLHkp-sovNRoCzy7w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

S7 Exynos pr 6P?

Got some cash to burn from my bday and feel like upgrading from my OPO.

One thing that pissed me off about OPO was the shitty camera, I'm wanting something to at least Iphone 6 standards.

Next preference is battery life, I want something that's going to easily last me a day and then some.

Unlockable boot loader preferred but not essential.

Budget is ~$500aud

The 6P, you'll save a bunch of money, and have a more consistent experience. The 6P is what you want your S7 to be after trying to disable all the bloat. And the battery life is GOAT.

You seriously think the 6P has better battery life than S7 Exynos?? And the 810 gives the exact opposite of a "consistent experience".

S7 by far. better SoC, battery, waterproof, SD, and perfectly sized. 6P=SD Housefire, oversized, no SD.

Looking for a new phone. I'm in Canada using Wind. Minimal bloat and good UI is a must, but other than that i don't care too much. $400-500 but I don't mind going higher.

moto x pure is cheap right now on amazon amazon.com/dp/B013SEXM5E

this

Re-asking.

youtube.com/watch?v=o3jSLNeSFz4

Comparison between Zuk Z2 Pro and OP3.

Im in need of a new phone since my s4 has finally bit the dust due to water damage, I have a price range of $200 aud im honestly stuck and have no idea what phone to get, Is the iphone 5s still decent for it's age at all? looking for any recommendations!

Only 6 days left until ZTE unveils the Axon 7 in Europe/USA.

see
>Is the iphone 5s still decent for it's age at all?
No.

No unlockable boot loader. As expensive as the s7 here is Aus.

In the bin that goes.

I have to give credit to Samsung for having the best auto brightness implementation on Android. A Kenobi device on my other hand is too dim with auto brightness enabled outside and too bright inside, plus the brightness level seems to constantly change and is bothersome.

If only I didn't have to save up for a trip now, I'd so get it

Super budget phone coming through.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0163800S4

>$80 right now
>13MP back camera, 5MP front camera
>fast charging (0 to 70% in ~100 minutes)
>quad-core A53 @ 1.2 GHz
>5.5" 720p screen
>16GB internal + SDXC microsd slot (up to 2TB)
>2GB RAM
>Android 5.1 lollipop
>LTE + Enhanced LTE
>FM radio

Only real downside is it only works with Boost Mobile so check Sprint coverage first.

I own one so AMA I guess.

R.I.P. in peace Moto G

I think it will be better than the S7, especially the sound quality either with the stereo speakers or through good in-ears.

Build quality will be better than the S7, it's literally a brick.

But I will wait for several reviews.

Maybe some people will find an exploit to enable you rooting this device.

I want it to be as good as the marketing is making it sound, but I'm going to be let down by a shitty UI that can't be rooted and I'm not paying $800 for that.

Moto X Pure or Droid Turbo 2?

>Moto x pure for $240
Is there anything better for the same price?

>800$

Lolwut

My experience has been nothing but consistent, my 6p never gets hot. I had an S6 and that thing was a hotplate 80% of the time. I don't see the point of non Nexus phones, you spend half of your time trying to disable all the shit that runs in the background. I own a Nexus because I know that when I put it on my nightstand before I go to sleep, I will have (within 4%) the same battery left when I wake up. You just can't do that with a skinned phone.

The 6P has no heat issues because it never pushes the 810 hard enough for it to get hot. Skinned phones with the 810 has the heat issue because of all the crap on them.

6P throttles before it even gets physically hot, by the time it's under any real strain it's down below 600MHz

>Is there anything better for the same price?

Redmeme Meme 3 Pro.

Thanks, but I like having functioning LTE.

Anyone see the leaked HTC Nexus renders?

fastcardtech.com/Huawei-Honor-5C.html

fastcardtech.com/Asus-Pegasus-5000.html

Where's the mSD slot?

No. The 5x offers a similar experience in a smaller package.

Good joke m8

Those are ancient.

I'm trying to find a case that I like for my S6, but most of the ones I see don't have a screen protector and seem to be little more than glorified backplates.

The case I had for my S2 had an integrated screen protector (not one you had to put on yourself like a sticker); is there something like that for my S6? Or have we gotten to the point where such isn't really necessary anymore?

The S2 case:
amazon.com/gp/product/B0064DWDGG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 16gb version of the basic Moto x pure edition is on sale today for $240 at amazon, B&H and best buy.

You mean like this?
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TUGUUGY/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466703465&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=blason s6 case&dpPl=1&dpID=51ynm6AQ6PL&ref=plSrch

Looks exactly like what I was after!

Except that it's often bought with this. Does that suggest that the protector is a necessity or are people just stupid?

Yeah, people are just dumb.

>he doesn't protect his screen protector

What's the best/minimum resolution for phone vr

Any phones that I could replace my Nexus 6P on the horizon? I want something the same size at least.

All I need now is to make sure it's compatible with the international unlocked S6 I'm getting.

I'm pretty ignorant about all this, but I know in the S2 days each carrier had their own version with slightly different button placement which would affect which case you could get.

I don't see anywhere on this case what version it's for. Has the S6 embraced universal case compatibility or...?

this. Sadly only the Sow Knee See 5 has a 4K screen right now.

Any flagship phones coming out in the next year?

Yeah they're physically identical.

new nexii

Not that I know of. Though we should be seeing more 4K res screen phones soon.

>meanwhile icucks are still stuck in 2012 with 640p screens.

No chance they will be 4k.

BH has the Moto x pure significantly marked down (16gb for 240, 64gb for 320) and it comes with a microsd card. I'm really tempted to dump my M9 for it (my battery is shit). I've heard that Moto has a ton of QC issues with them and that support is abysmal. What do you guys think?

fug, what about 2k, I'm not expecting rift quality

I bet the big one will be, they are pushing it as a standardized VR platform...did you not watch the I/O?

They pushed sd card integration with marshmallow too.

daydream nigga

Best current phone vr experience is samsung gear vr.

wut

well, some say it's doable with 1440p

Moto X pure has shit performance. Only 4 A53 cores @ 1.44 GHz and 2 A57 cores @ 1.8 GHz.

You will most likely have trouble playing even 720p 10-bit HEVC or VP9 videos which do not have HW decoding support as far as I know.

Okay, but if I just stream from my Plex server this won't matter right?

>$319 for 64GB model
Fuck, I'm tempted

Is the MXP a good upgrade from a bootloader locked G4?

Whatever happened to the Alcatel idol 4 and 4s? They were announced back in February and we haven't heard anything since.

It's the same price on BH and you can probably avoid tax. Plus there's a free sd card too.

It will especially as more stuff gets encoded in 10-bit HEVC.

S7 has a more efficient screen, better battery SD card slot.

I't be smarter to get a 4GB RAM zenfone 2 imho. Screen is 1080p but has a quad-core 2.3 x86 atom processor slightly faster than the quad-core krait 400 ARM processor on the Note 3.

Am I crazy for considering switching from a Nexus 5x to a iPhone 5s? I can't quit considering an Apple device for some reason.

Well, I've heard the same issues as about QC and like says it is a weaker phone, so I'm not sure if dropping 320 is even an upgrade compared to my G4.

>Only compatible with AT&T in my area
Ayy

see pic related

yes
>no webm support

>>Only compatible with AT&T in my area
My condolences

The only one that really bothers me on this list is I'll have to use a web browser to browse Sup Forums. Some of these points are subjective as fuck

Doesn't bother me

if he's streaming from plex he can just encode on-the-fly

>The only one that really bothers me on this list is I'll have to use a web browser to browse Sup Forums. Some of these points are subjective as fuck

>overpriced
>no microsd slot
>shit battery life
>no native file browser
>can't use phone as flash drive
>can't share anything over bluetooth
>less apps
>encryption is a joke
>subjective
you wot m8?

forgot to add
>can't torrent

If you want a iPhone you're better off getting a SE

>I could get a refurbished one for $150 and sell my Nexus 5x for $200-$230
>dont care
>coming from a Nexus 5x and 5, not really much of a difference
>dont care
>dont care
>dont use bluetooth
>dont have many apps in the first place
>dont care
>dont care about torrenting

Are we done now?

What app is this?

If you don't care, why bother asking?

then why are you asking us? go and buy it

Axon 7 fuxking when?

Sound like your'e an iCuck who wants to buy an iPhone no matter what. why come here and waste our time? buy it and rid us of your stupidity you fucking dumbfuck.

lol retards apple is the best

You've made the decision but want us to tell you what? Yes you're crazy. Are we done now?

Alright, so stop asking Sup Forums and go buy it?

You do realise the specs on an iPhone 5s are dogshit right? Are you sure you want a super laggy ancient iPhone? Why not just steal one from a gay nightclub? Heard all the homosexuals usually carry an iPhone 6s with them and sometimes pass out in the clubs.

iPhone 5s specs:
>640p res screen
>1.5 Ah battery
>8 MP camera

$80 zte warp elite android phone (no contract) specs:
>720p res screen
>3 Ah battery
>13 MP camera

It's so bad that a sub-$100 android phone has better specs.

0/10 bait too stale

I really want this but I live in SoCal.

For 200AUD I would say the 5S is still pretty good.

Enjoy no updates.

Go ahead, Android isn't for everyone and Apple makes it comfy if you don't need extra features.

>the specs
>the price difference
>tfw people chose the goyphone

Buddy,, get a one plus 3

>Enjoy no updates.
>What are OTA updates

>>encryption is a joke

considering the federal goverment took months to crack one owned by a terrorist and it took them hiring people from all over the world and in the end they had to use a hardware exploit....

i would say it's not a joke

>torrenting on a phone

i mean come on who does that

>>less apps

the 5 is years old now of course a new cheap phone will have better specs

>i would say it's not a joke
But it is. iPhones are full of backdoors.

You see it's not the FBI agents you have to worry about, it's the hackers who know about these backdoors.

Fact is if apple can't protect you from a bunch of federal cucks who can barely use internet explorer then they sure as hell can't protect you from that hacker who could be 10X as knowledgeable and skilled as a them.

>$80 zte warp elite android phone (no contract) specs:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875705046&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cell Phones - No Contract Phone-_-N82E16875705046&gclid=CjwKEAjwka67BRCk6a7_h_7Pui8SJABcMkWReaHobQcqQWpurThMUBetP_wQPKjH10NnLHkp-sovNRoCzy7w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

>But it is. iPhones are full of backdoors.

lol they are not