Should I get a GTX 1070 for more overall power, or the RX 480 for the amazing price point? I CAN'T DECIDE

Should I get a GTX 1070 for more overall power, or the RX 480 for the amazing price point? I CAN'T DECIDE . . . .

Other urls found in this thread:

techfrag.com/2016/06/04/nvidia-pascal-gtx-1080-vs-gtx-1070-vs-amd-polaris-radeon-rx-480/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Two 480s running in SLI will give you better performance than a 1080 for only 30 bucks more than a 1070, just something to consider.

Definitely wait for reviews and benchmarks to come out on both cards, but if you have the money and both cards are as good as they are hyped up to be, go for 1070

480, since Vega's coming will quickly depreciate the 1070. Especially since Pavel is Maxwell die shrink so little overclockablility

this
If you can afford the 1070, wait for Vega since it will BTFO of Pascal, plus great overclocking

Whats the % of games working without any problem with Crossfire?

most of the new ones (i.e. the ones requiring a lot of GPU power)

Pick a short term goal and a medium term ( long term planning or future proofing is BS).
For example you can say "I want to game 1080p @144hz or 1440p@60hz in day1. For medium term games either details at medium or lower to 1080p@90hz"

Then you check price solutions for said goals.

Actually usually new ones have some issues (either minor or major) till new drivers are issued. Other issues that won't show on benchmarks like stuttering also happen depending on graphic settings.

if you're playing at 1080p 60fps get the RX 480

if you're playing at 1440p or 144hz, then get the GTX 1070

If you bought a 580 when it released (which is like 6 years ago) You would still be fine today tho

Stop spreading lies. Two 480s only outperform a single 1080 in dx12 games that have been coded to use multiple GPUs WITHOUT crossfire/SLI. You can even do pic related in dx12.

RREEEEE why is rich and affluent nVidia allowed to mix with the vile and poor radeon...

I don't understand why people consider those cards side by side, they are in totaly different performance brackets.

One is a budget card the other is a high end card

if you got a microcenter and if they carry the 1070, buy the 1070 + warranty.

when Vega comes out return and get other card.

get two 480's and beat the 1080. crossfire has no more issues.

Lies.

no its not.

Really, the fact you say this like it is fact is ridiculous. There are many GAMES, because that is what all this is about (fuck you Sup Forums linux faggots) that do not play well with crossfire or sli.

So why lie kid?

dx12 bruh look it up.

never crossfire/sli you retards
shit will ALWAYS be broken

>Two 480s running in SLI will give you better performance than a 1080
Even if that was true, you really think 2 of them would be worth even 1 1070? That's total delusion. In addition, 2 GPUs, think about it:
>Increased heat
>Increased power usage (more money wasted at the end of each year)
>Most games don't support crossfire (you would only be using 1 gpu most of the time while the other one gathers dust and wastes energy)
>Additional maintenance and dust cleaning (or if you're watercooling, additional money for another heat spreader)
What am I missing?
Taking this into account, I'd wait for the 480 to release so we can see real benchmarks that confirm its performance.

You should get your check for this ad mr businessman.

theres no universal answer

are you rich fag?
do you drive volvo, own house?
are you just normal fag but heavy gamer willing to not buy new jeans, shirts, and other shit just to get that extra performance?

then go for gtx1070/gtx1080
if you are normal fag then wait for reviews of rx480 and take that... seriously its enough performance for everyone

Nice meme.

youre missing the part where you pay more for less performance.

>should i get a card that i cant buy now
>or get a card that i can't buy or even see benchmarks for.

>wo 480s running in SLI will give you better performance than a 1080
No it won't

>Muh 2 dollars extra per year

That's your only argument?
And no, it's more like [20; 29]$/year

If the 480 has 980 performance, and the leaks that it can get to 1607MHz OC on stock cooler are true, then the 480 would be at around 90% performance of 1070, more with aftermarket coolers.

yes it will.
techfrag.com/2016/06/04/nvidia-pascal-gtx-1080-vs-gtx-1070-vs-amd-polaris-radeon-rx-480/

>"However, if you are looking to pick one of the three we compared in the article, we recommend getting the GTX 1070. It is both budget friendly and puts out loads of performance with just a single card."

You just played yourself.

>AMD cards can't into 1440p
>Nvidia refuses to support freesync

Uhhh.. Are you retarded? Just crossfire 3 ATI™ Radeon™ RX 480s and it will blow the shitty nvidia 1070 thing, how can it even compete?

I don't wanna start a new thread for my question but it's kinda related
I wanna do deep learning faggotry on my gpu. Tensorflow and Torch both have cuda libraries for nvidia cards that help performance a lot, you guys know of any comparisons between amd and nvidia for machine learning shit?

Amd faggot rekt

If you're this delusional go play your multi gpu gta v

Please stop advising people to ever do Crossfire or SLI. They're both simply trash.

>I have autism and have trouble interpreting what's being literal and what's parodying.

Games will never have excellent multi gpu performance, and now that dx12/vulkan is here it's pretty much dead since developers have to implement it themselves. So go play with your 1/3 perfomance.

>I can't read.

Are the fuck are you responding to me?

Why the fuck*

TEMPTING

>heat
>scaling
>maintenance
>PCIe lanes
>power
>extra cables
Always choose the single card solution

have some dignity

two 480s is like a 960 dumbass

The fuck is going on in that photo?

Oh no, a single steak dinner.

user, I...

um. a chick leaning against a windowsill?

who gives a shit what they rocomend. the point is it will outperform the 1070 by far and if you get 3 then it outperformes the 1080 faggots.

Most games don't even use SLI though

>rx 480 at the same price point as the gtx960
>better than a gtx970
I hope they reach Japan before the end of July.

Thing is you will get shittier fps if the game doesn't support multi gpu and have fun with all the frame stuttering, even 2 cards are unbearable.