Noko

who the fuck else is still rocking one of these deadly beasts?

bite my shiny metal CPU

955 BE here.

Was mid-grade when I got it 6 or whatever years ago, still does alright I guess.

had my 1090t since 2012, have just chucked water cooling on it and paired it with a gtx 970. my system is op but it shouldn't be lol

Same here but still on air. Sadly, that fucker got too hot a few years ago and i had to downclock that thing to stop it freezing.

My nigga, 955 BE here too.

>had phenom ii x6 1100t BE since 2011
>2015 rolls around
> Hm. I'm probably not cranking this thing as much as a i could
> rending two x264 vids
>cpu utalization at 30%
> add four more x264 renders
>rendering around 300fps total or something beyond stupid like that
>leave room to go make sandwich cause waiting for shit to render
>leave room to make food while rending
>come back
>"what smells like burning silicon?"
>sniff around
>come to tower
>ohshitnigger.jpg
>remove side panel to check mobo
>get 6 inches away from board with light
>SNAP_MOTHERFUCKER+600dB-edition.mp3
>magic smoke left some caps on motherboard

I took everything apart and sold my phenom for like $175 i think, got a used g3258 and some used msi board with the money

i miss that cpu but god damn usb 3 and sata 3 are such a privilage.

Another 955bro reporting in
What are your clocks? Mine gets unstable over 4ghz

>tfw another six months or so until finally zen upgrade
waitingsolong.jpg
I like this bad boy but 7 years are 7 years

Did the board you were using have mosfet heatsinks, and were you using cooling that cooled said mosfet heatsinks, ie. stock fan-axial fan not tower?

I used a Phenom I until 2012, heavy, daily use.

Upgraded the station with a Phenom II for 20 €, its still a usable Desktop machine. But only stock clocks, either the PSU and mainboard don't support OC.

965 overclocked to 3,8ghz
makes me happy to know this cpu doesnt give up on me

In my storage server since upgrade to Skylake on my Desktop PC. It's an alright processor, dependable.

The original GPU was really shitty, a Hd2400 Pro. I recently saw someone running one with a Skylake, this thing can't even handle Aero... A Skylake IGP is around 850 % faster.

Phenom 965 x4 3.7Ghz here!

wtf overclocks did you have going goddamn hahaha. 1100t too beastly.

1090t is probs the bare minimum to keep up with a gtx 970 lol, had to bump the fsb up to 213mhz bringing ram to 1420mhz and the cpu-nb and ht-links to 2130, cause everything was stuttering.

965BE and proud
Waiting for ZEN but if it doesn't deliver i'm giving my money to jews.

my motherboard is only a ga-970a-d3 though, which is only 4+1 phase board so i can't get much more power out of it atm. but it has mosfet cooling and my case is thermally hectic. have melted a motherboard overclocking this thing before though :(

we'll still need new mobos and ram for zen :(

I'm ready to make that jump. Need to anyway, mine doesn't even have gigabit ethernet on board.
Didn't really know what i was doing back then. Was it 2011? Late 2010? Time just fucks off at unprecedented rate.

its time for me anyways sitting with 4gb ram here
going to upgrade with zen and put me some 8gb on the mobo

and upgrade to ddr4 :p

Me, 955 BE here still rocking hard

BROFIST

No oc right now because fan died, so i have it in passive cooling underclocked. As soon as my H5 ultimate arrives i will oc it to 4ghz and beyond

I was using a 1090T at 4GHz until a couple of months back. Dark Souls III prompted me to upgrade, as it ran like absolute shit due to hammering one core and mostly ignoring the others.

>beast
you mean peace of shit

I am running an FX 6300 which is a piece of shit tbqhfam, wish I had bought Intel for lower power consumption.

Was the Phenom any better?

It was top of it's class with over 300 confirmed kills against intel

The hex core Thubans generally slightly outperform a 6300 clock for clock due to having six real cores instead of three modules, but they can't clock nearly as high. They were good for their day, whereas the 6300 really wasn't two and a half years later.

amd vishera cores are way better than the thubans. but zen will be soooo good.

better be cheap as amd usually is though or i'ma use this thuban till it melts.

i still remember half-life 2 on a dual core athlon tho. they were not prosperous days.

I've got an x4 that I garbage picked, rocking a Core2 Duo while it collects dust though

just upgraded from an 8320e to a 2600k this week. huge leap in performance for under $200.

1100t BE here.

i was going to upgrade to the bulldozer but then they fucked that up.

Since then i stopped being a gaymer. don't need to upgrade for a long time to watch my blu ray rips and 10 bit anime

also the fx 6300 should be possible to get much faster than the phenom, the power consumption is only 95w so you can clock it up easy. make sure your ram is 1866mhz to match the memory controller?

phenom 9150e, still good enough.

Running a 4690K now, but I fucking loved my Athlon II X4 620. Managed to push the thing to 3.5GHz stable, purely on FSB overclocking.

im building a hand me down desktop pc for my nephew to play wow on, it has a phenom 9500 and a gtx 460.

I still got mine running here as well. Love this fucker.

k i do have to mention and this is trufax here but i did have a 955 BE before i bought the 1090t for $50, so like i'm in this club right? i still have mine, but i haven't tested it since it fell out of a motherboard 'someone' was holding. i imagine she'll be right though.

>amd vishera cores are way better than the thubans

No, they're not. All Piledriver did was get AMD back to where they were with K10 after Bulldozer completely shit the bed and ended up as a straight downgrade in terms of IPC.

>H5 ultimate
Hot damn this might finally be a replacement for my 212evo

However it seems hard to come by, where did you order yours from?

Depends where you live, i could order it from a backwater shop in my country that happens to be a retailer from Cryorig. Look for H7 too if you want a smaller and cheaper one. Also, forget about Cryorig H5 universal, shit fan. Ultimate or bust.

Alternate.com have them too

I use my old 1055T paired with 32GB ECC 1600 as my main server at home. Does its job fantastically.
Used it on my main rig before that, OCed it to 3.8 Ghz rock solid.
Bretty gud considering 1055 CPUs have locked multipliers

I have the black edition. It's clocked stable at 4.0

Phenom X2 550 here

same here
don't know if I can wait for zen

I'm waiting for a zen laptop, with a freesync & hdr monitor

i'm going to keep waiting forever...

>Zen laptop
Do you want your house to burn down?

i believe in amd familia, i'm impressed with the shit they've been able to do on 28nm concerning power consumption... i hope it carries over to their new processors

>noko
This post is so 2008 I'm having flash backs to shopped pics of obama in a turban

965BE reporting in

here's mine,
waiting for an AM4 mobo to appears and upgrade it to zen, might go bristolridge temporarily before going to zen because its a fucking space heater from cpu alone

is this the one with the TLB bugs?

I've had a 965 BE sitting around for a while. I wish I had a use for it.

>tfw my x2 555 didn't unlock to a tri or quad core
Serves me the fuck right for buying one so late (spring 2011) but I was a poorfag at the time and couldn't afford a 2500k + the cost of an intel motherboard.

It still works, I just don't have a use for it since I upgraded to Haslel.

>noko

i have an x2 550 that i keep to test am3+ mobos .

i used it recently and it does work but its 2 cores

1055T (95W)

Never got around to overclocking it

I have a 1075t. Should I get an Rx 480?

>Bought x2 555
>It unlocked to x6
>my motherboard didnt support it

I have a 555BE, but it has all the cores unlocked so its pretty much a 955 BE.

This was my main PC up until November 2015 when I built a new one, went Intel because AMD processors suck now, i7 4790k, R9 390, 16GB RAM.

Currently this PC has a 2012 R2 install on it that I use for fucking around with (got the license from school).

955be, 4ghz, can't believe it's still holding up. it's getting mighty hot though. can't wait for it to die so i have a reason to finally upgrade tbqh

i would go intel now but i'll hold on until zen comes to see how much of a failure it is

1055T welcome here?

yes phrend ii

Why the fuck does the 1090t still cost over 150€ used holy shit fucking delusional shills

Water cooled 4.2ghz Phenom II X6 1055T here muh niggs.

I see no reason to upgrade.

>€
There's your problem.

yes, there are many reason to upgrade user-kun.
like how about lowering that electrical bill, because a fucking 45nm cpu at 4.2ghz might trigger nuclear fusion

ur just jelly of muh space-heater.

pretty sure I'm using the 830 still, fucking bottlenecks like crazy though

>slower than vishera

635 reporting in. Now the side machine, but did me well for 8 years.

I had the APU version. I would still keep it it's weakness is lack of SSSE3/SSE4, so when there was opportunity to swap it for FM2/Trinity, I took it. Otherwise great chip, stable platform (and that was with motherboard from ASRock).

Pic related.

>7 years old cpu
>runs witcher 3 on high with r9 380
Can't complain i guess

Had a 955 BE for like 4-5 years, then upgraded to 4690k because AMD CPUs are shit now

Phenom II 1055T here. I recently got it for free as an upgrade to my Athlon II X4 and honestly I'm disappointed. The difference is negligible when it comes to gaming. Video rendering and other things that can fully use 6 cores is blazing fast though.

It's bottlenecking my GTX 970 like a motherfucker in games that only effectively use 1-2 cores but I'll hold on to it for a while because I'm curious how it will fare in better threaded games that are released these days.

whats the i5 2500k of the amd cpus?

1055t is fast mang

the x4 965 was THE chip for gaming .
fuck i remember how good it really was

I'm still running a slowass original Phenom. And don't even care because why would I need anything faster unless I was doing a ton of media work or playing modern "games" (barely interactive movies)?

bump

955 BE here at 4 GHz with 16 GB of RAM, a HD 7870 and a 240 GB SSD. I really don't feel the need to upgrade, it gets the job done. I think I can rock this config for another year or two.

1090T/1100T?

Phenom II X2 555BE here, still rocking.
Can unlock x4 but its unstable.
Soon to be replaced by i7 6700, sorry.

I played HL2 on an Athlon XP briefly before I went to dual Xeon quads and it was okay.

I wouldn't dare try it on the new Source engine.

Phenom 2 X4 945 reporting in.

I'm at stock speeds. Getting drops to 30 FPS in Team Fortress 2 and 15 FPS in Mount & Blade Warband. Turbo Boost doesn't seem to help much, in fact in TF2 benchmarks it has an adverse affect.

Overclocking to 3.3 GHz did give a considerable boost but I'm stuck with stock cooling and can't seem to get things all that stable. I know for a fact this CPU used to run at 3.5 though.

Phenom II 1090T here 6 cores 16GB of DDR3.

It's a great runs muh GNU/Linux like a dream.

pardon the super old cpu-z

i'll keep using this shitbox of a computer until it completely dies, which will probably come later this summer with the memory problems i keep running into

965BE

Proabably helps that I only play FFXIV.

Phenom II x6 1055T siting idle here. It performs well for what I do don't really need an upgrade but I would like some more sata ports, new gpu and sata 3 because I am pretty sure I start to saturate this motherboard when copying in between drives. This motherboard also has all the ram slots filled so I want to move to 16gb ram for more catching. I will be upgrading to zen when it comes, once motherboards mature a bit.

Waiting for a Zen + rx480 upgrade.

I bought a Phenon II X4 925 2.8GHz some days ago and I received it yesterday.

When a bought a r9 380X for my desktop I installed my old r9 270X on a prebuilt HP PC where I work (family run) but the CPU (an Athlon X2 220) wasn't enough and bottlenecked the card.

Unfortunately the mobo didn't support 125W CPU.

Now it's installed and works like a charm, at least in Dark Souls 1.

my bro has the X3 version in his daily rig

huh would have tought the FX8350 would be it

I have a 940BE that has served as the CPU of my bedside computer/fileserver.

Now that I got my laptop back up and running though I've been debating moving that rig to next to my desk.

Wish i had a better board for it, the current one is kinda shitty, and I almost set it on fire by overclocking the unholy hell out of the CPU.

deadly meaning housefires?

1090T reporting the fuck in. Waiting for Zen.

>53 C
Fired up Prime95 for a few seconds. It's hot as fuck right now and all I have is a Hyper 212+ (not EVO) though I should probably clean my case too.

I don't really have anything else to compare it to and I don't game as much as I should with this 970, but I haven't noticed the CPU being a hindrance in my otherwise daily usage. An occasional blue screen comes out of nowhere, though.

How much of a difference did you notice?

Test