What are the tangible benefits of waiting for non-reference RX 480 cards to be released...

What are the tangible benefits of waiting for non-reference RX 480 cards to be released? Will they actually perform any better than the reference cards? I'm not going to be overclocking, if that makes any difference.

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/news/65328-amd-radeon-rx-480-benchmarks-bare-pcb-photos.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't underestimate the noise these blower style coolers can make. They can get really loud.

Yes.

They literally always perform better than reference cards

No.

I am wondering if there is a better way than the reference cards for crossfire since the custom cooler cards exhaust their heat inside the case, onto each other

Factory overclock, quieter and cooler operation.

Liquid cooling. Or crazy custom heatsinks that use pipes to carry heat over the top of the card.

I heard aftermarket coolers will release the same day as reference, but everything now is just rumors from people who know people who work at AMD or a third-party.
I wish they would release more official info.

Maybe.

There are also custom blower style coolers like pic related. Some vendors release cards with such coolers.

I have no preference amd or nvidia but to me it looks lile we have only now arrived to where you can max out 1080p with everything on ultra on a single card setup at 60fps. Single card as the gtx 1080 eg. Curious if amd will be bring out anything soon to compete or it will only be the option to crossfire the rx 480 to have similar performance

Havent seen such blower on any cards in the last five years

There better be some sexy vapor-x 480s

techspot.com/news/65328-amd-radeon-rx-480-benchmarks-bare-pcb-photos.html

>Doom ~100 FPS
>The Witcher 3 ~60 FPS
>CS:GO +200 FPS
>GTA V ~60 FPS
>Overwatch ~100 FPS

All on Ultra without OC and not yet using the newest driver.

Get hype!!

Shouldnt ultra include AA turned max also?

Not ultra, custom settings.

Why every leaker is a moron?

Also, why didn't he released a video about the OC potential? Fucking braindeads...

higher stock clocks (pre-oc)
if you're a pussy and afraid of overclocking you can get a factory overclocked card with higher performance

Those drivers aren't proper. AMD won't release the official drivers just yet.

fuck that i'm not waitng
i fucking bought a display port just so i could use it asap

None if you buy an 8gb reference and water cool it

I said that in my post. I wonder what performance gains the new drivers will bring.