Why aren't you using Manjaro, Sup Forums. I've tried Debian, Arch, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Fedora...

Why aren't you using Manjaro, Sup Forums. I've tried Debian, Arch, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Fedora, Slackware and quite a few others and heres why I always come back to Manjaro.
>Pacman is the fastest and cleanest package manager
>Packages more stable than Arch
>10 Minute install, fast and easy
>Everything just werks out of the box
>Options for many DE and WM's
>Sexy green theme built in

>Antergos
>LTS
>fast and easy
>everything works
>many options for DE's and WM's
>no shitty green
>change name in /etc/os-release to Arch
>circle jerk with gen-yew-whine Arch screenfetch
>fuck any bitch of your choice

>heaven@heaven
>being so pleb that your hostname is the same as your user

It's obviously ironic dood

>>change name in /etc/os-release to Arch
I changed mine from Mint to Gentoo for a personal kek everytime I post a screenfetch.

>website's ssl keys keep expiring
>devs are incompetent

gr8 b8 m8

debatable, and I'd much rather have my shit not break thanks to stupid package maintainers than care about speed
I can't comment on that since I've never compared the two.
Many distros do this today, even Slackware with it's ncurses interface is piss easy. Not sure how that's a benefit
As do most distros if it's not some obscure hardware that needs proprietary drivers to function and the firmware is compiled into the kernel.
literally every GNU/Linux OS has this
I don't like green.

Fucking Kevin

but i do use manjaro. speaking of which, does anyone know how to keep the fucking vpn connection from dropping?

it's nice

Because I'm using OS X and OpenBSD

yoo that looks fucking cool bro, better than any DE I've ever seen

do people bag on manjaro because it's arch easy mode or something?

>KDE Plasma
Dropped.

But i am?

But I do
openrc version is comfy

gentoo just works for me.

>I've tried Debian, Arch, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Fedora, Slackware and quite a few others and heres why I always come back to Manjaro.
reminder to archildren that installing distros in VirtualBox for an hour does not make you a qualified expert

just installed manjaro. can one of u niggers tell me how to change to 12 hour clock on the lightdm lock screen

Just keep it the way it is, 24 hour time is superiour.

oh.. ok then

I was planning to as an alternative to Devuan, but I'd probably go with a source based distro.

I like your style, mate,
especially the taskbar

I actually do use Manjaro in a VM on STRONGRIG.

I use it to access my payroll website that I can't get to work on Windows. I can only get it working with the icedtea plugin on loonix

Speaking of which, anyone know how to make the security settings more lax so I don't have to click all this bullshit every time?

Don't feel too bad, that dumbfag above you just hasn't discovered 48-halfhour clock yet

>>Packages more stable than Arch
Yes, because holding a package back 2 weeks makes it more stable.

Just like the distribution it's based on and every other distribution out there.

Minute install, fast and easy
Just like Arch and every other distribution out there. Only an idiot is concerned about the installation time, since an installation is something you do once per year, at most.

Your package breaking meme has nothing to do with pacman, the package manager.

>Why aren't you using Manjaro
*yet

how's it feel to work in a call center?

Because I use Arch?

but have you tried mint

Manjaro devs have a history of bad security practices, I do wish well for the project, but Sabayon does about the same and works better in my opinion

Don't break my dreams mate :(

Solus is the only way

I have to agree with you on this one, OP. Been using plain Arch before and I gotta admit, Manjaro is just better.

Windows 10 masterrace

Plus a sexy MS Lumia. Fuck yeah this thing is sexy.

I'm using Windows, gayboy
Discalimer: It's okay to be gay

Kek

This default green colour is the most disgusting thing ever. Between the 200.000 tipes of green tonalities they have to choose the ugliest one. Congratulations, manjaro team.

I wouldn't know, I work in a retail store.

>Antergos
>everything works

>>Options for many DE and WM's
>>Sexy green theme built in
Any distro has options for many DE/WMs. And if you like the default DE+theme so much, why do you care about the other DE/WM options?

>Pacman is the fastest package manager
Wrong

Thats the thing, the packages for the different DE/WM in the manjaro repos are all pre themed.

Antergos is objectively better

But I am user

>vertical taskbar with vertical text

this lel

/Thread

>>Pacman is the fastest and cleanest package manager
Except that's bullsht. Pacman is so fast just because it doesn't check thoroughly for compatibility like ie. apt does.

Fastest to use
Update and install a program:
sudo pacman -Syu firefox
vs
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firefox

And pacman has never fucked up anything for me. It's the arch unstable package repos thaat fuck things up.

I used it, but after using it some months you will move to Arch.

Arch has this
No, on arch bugs are fixed in hours, on Manjaro it could take weeks ultil they update, they only copy the arch packages.
I prefer to spend 15 minutes installing Arch without bloat.
So do Arch
Same with arch
Is the only thing I miss.

Plus:
>Some AUR packages aren't working on Manjaro
>mhwd and some random useless utilities

Just because you can type the command faster doesn't mean that the package manager itself is also faster. There are faster package managers than pacman

Why dont you just use -S ?

-Syu will also update your repos and then update your packages to the latest version

>a shorter commeand means it's faster
Are you literally retarded?

1 command vs 2 mate

same as arch but preconfigured and with outdated packages
meh bait

Please stop posting here

Name a faster package manager.
I was just proving with that that it's also the fastest to use. with short and powerful commands.

Sorry you got so TOLD

y is ok I guess
but why update
just update manually instead of all your packages

>Name a faster package manager.
xbps

Also "sudo apt install" doesn't even take much longer.

huh? Why update manually? maybe if there's a program that you don't want to update but other then that...

You don't need to update the repo list every time you installed a package. Also if you think one command is faster than two, just create an alias that runs both commands.

because antergos is better

>making hacky solutions
Sure sounds like apt is the superior one here, LOL

The way apt manages packages is slower

>alias
>"hacky solution"
Lmao how clueless are you?

How does your alias handle the repo update failing or did you even consider it? It's a shit hack, face it. You know nothing about using a real *nixlike system

A new meme is born?

>Too dumb for actual arch
>Way too dumb for g(lorious)entoo

I'm with you, gnome edition

because the name sounds like some shitty pasta sauce

>Implying installing arch is hard
The hard part is wasting your time trying to get graphics drivers working, disks mounted properly, sound working, volume controls working, internet/clock/locale etc set up.

Also in gentoo I compiled my kernel for 5 minutes and decided I didn't have that much time to waste compiling shit.

I'm not a big fan of gnome but I can see the appeal. Right on bud.

Seems like you don't know shit since you apparently don't even know what an alias does

I do. But if your repo update fails you probably don't want to run the install command. Did your shit alias account for that? Doubt it.

Why does it make you laugh? Loads of people use Gentoo?

Sabayon has even worse security practices

Sage goes in all fields? How do you not get the joke?

>it takes five minutes to compile your kernel
ditch your thinkpad and get a real machine

Using Manjaro-openrc with unstable repos for maximum comfy. Basically Arch with better kernel management

I'm using manjaro because it's not a time sink like almost every other distro.
I swear if another faggot tells me "it's in the documentation". Why don't you document this dick you too much free time having homo.

To each his own. I distro hop from time to time just to see how other distros have progressed. I still always come back to Debian. Everyone has their own preferences.

I couldn't read your post because you forgot to renew your SSL.

>webshit
who cares?
Name one thing bad the devs have done beside that.

install gentoo

Gentoo tends to break after very long periods of use (5 years or so), into a state where you can no longer install or remove any package without breaking the entire system. At least it happened to me twice, and I haven't figured out the way to recover from that yet.

Manjaro doesn't have this issue, and has a much wider selection of packages, despite not having USE flags' utility or good license management and config management tools.

Manjaro also isn't quite as stable as gentoo (for example, current "stable" mate's caja crashes due to a known bug in libgtk when lots of file I/O are happening), but it's still more stable than anything non-gentoo, so that's good enough for me.

>time sink like almost every other distro
Do you seriously think that almost every other distro is like Arch or Gentoo?

Gentoo is the only non-timesink distro outside of manjaro.

Ahahahaha Manjaro user here but still. Got em.

>pacman
>fast
It takes 20 minutes to install a 200kb package

There's no fixing clinical retardation.

>pacman doesn't let you modifiy package files and remove dependencies (unlike debian, man dpkg-deb)
>fastest package manager
try alpine's package manager, apk then you will know what speed is.
>just werks (1 actual valid point out of the 5)
>every distro has an option for de and wm's
>theme appearance is subjective

it is better than arch though, because it gives you the option to be systemd free and it just works(TM)

why should I use this over void gnu/linux?

Huh, I use the same payroll shit and it DOESN'T work in Linux. I wonder what's different with your set up.

Are you retarded or merely pretending?

And stil apt fucks shit up colossally

I can't get it to work with Oracle/Sun Java, only the freetarded shit.

I think it requires some ancient version that is no longer compatible or something.

>pacman is the fastest an cleanest
I'd like to interject for a minute. xbps is better. In every aspect.

>uses github
>fails to work half the time
ok kid

With no packages