/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:

>Nexus "Sailfish" leaks
androidpolice.com/2016/06/23/exclusive-specs-for-sailfish-the-smaller-of-two-upcoming-htc-built-nexus-devices/

>OnePlus 3 update in the works: sRGB mode, better RAM management
gsmarena.com/oneplus_3_update_in_the_works_srgb_mode_better_ram_management-news-18993.php

>Xiaomi Redmi 3s starts selling today globally, USA included
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_3s_starts_selling_today_globally_usa_included-news-18992.php

>Oppo Find 9 specs with SD821, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB ROM , 4100 mAh Battery leaks
androidpure.com/oppo-find-9-specs-with-sd821-8-gb-ram-128-gb-rom-4100-mah-battery-leaks/

>Xiaomi Mi5S and Mi Note 2 rumoured with Snapdragon 821, 8GB RAM and dual cameras
gizchina.com/2016/06/23/xiaomi-mi5s-and-mi-note-2-rumoured-with-snapdragon-821-8gb-ram-and-dual-cameras/

>Doogee T6 Pro with huge 6250 mAh battery and fast charge support on sale
gizchina.com/2016/06/22/doogee-t6-pro-huge-battery-fast-charge-support-sale/

>Honor 8 will reportedly be made official this week
gsmarena.com/honor_8_will_reportedly_be_made_official_this_week-news-18984.php

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/get_the_64gb_moto_x_pure_edition_for_319_the_16gb_costs_239-blog-18994.php
gsmarena.com/motorolas_giving_you_a_moto_360_sport_for_free_if_you_buy_a_64gb_moto_x_pure-blog-18977.php
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_3_pro-8007.php
frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/N5ovfD/xiaomi-hongmi-note-3-pro-redmi-note-3-pro-dual-sim-td-lte-16gb-2015116/at-t-united-states
quora.com/Does-XIAOMI-REDMI-Note-3-32GB-4G-Phablet-works-with-ATT-LTE-Network
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/48af8q/does_the_redmi_note_3_pro_support_h_on_att_or/
kimovil.com/en/compare/vernee-apollo,xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro
gsmarena.com/oneplus_3-review-1455.php
dropbox.com/sh/n8dlv9e8jjrz80v/AABOT54lar8lpq2VSYs3Pe1da?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Manufactured by HTC
>5" 1080p display (~440PPI)
>Quad-core 2.0GHz 64-bit processor (model unknown)
>4GB RAM
>2770mAh battery
>32GB storage (unknown if multiple models will be available, or even if this is the base storage level)
>12MP rear camera, 8MP front
>Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
>USB-C port (bottom)
>Bottom-firing speaker or speakers (unknown if dual)
>Top-mounted headphone jack
>Bluetooth 4.2

>sub 3000mAh battery

Who suicide here?

I live in the US and miss flip phones. Is there an Android flip phone worth using or do I need to go back to dumb phones for a while?

gsmarena.com/get_the_64gb_moto_x_pure_edition_for_319_the_16gb_costs_239-blog-18994.php

gsmarena.com/motorolas_giving_you_a_moto_360_sport_for_free_if_you_buy_a_64gb_moto_x_pure-blog-18977.php

Hot news lads.

I know Samsung has released a few Android flip phones in Asian countries over the past few years but they are pretty expensive and probably don't even work in North America

Seriously, is there any device out there soon that can even be compared to the Apple iPhone 7 Pro?

Can this thing comfortably last a day or not?

Every phone on earth that actually exists.

Apart from the battery it looks good for a 5x successor

Have anyone Outkitel k6000? can you say something about this phone? durability/ quality i wonder if buy this one or xiaomi redmi 3 (not looking for pro versions)

>try out xperia X
>fits fucking perfectly in my hand, edges are the smoothest thing and everything is right where my thumb can reach

Why is Sony bad again?
If it's really shit, what are the odds Sony steps up with the X2 or whatever?

It's a nice phone, but overpriced for the specs.

>Been awake for 6 hours, 1 hour SOT and my phone is at 30%

Whelp, looks like it's time for a replacement

200$ too high price tag.

The chink phone guide is out of date it seems.. I really need an upgrade from my freebie prime core. I live in the US and I currently use MetroPCS.

What's in the 150-200$ range that uses microSD, has a decent battery, is no bigger than 5in screen, OK camera and is abit snappy for common tasks? I'm not picky about games but I wouldn't mind playing pokemon GO on it. Not afraid of needing to tinker with it or flash a rom on it or whatever. Suggestions?

Factory reset that shit, don't buy a new phone just because it's doing this.

Have you downloaded any files recently (or taken photos?).

Thinking about going for the HTC 10. What are the downsides of it?

RN3P, but its 5.5

Any chink phones around 5"? 5.5 is just too big for my hands and pocket

It's a good phone. Downsides are the price and that is kinda hard to repair

>2779 mAh
>2779 mAh
>2779 mAh

Fuck you Google and HTC.

S7 or iPhone 7? Never really been on the iPhone wave, though I did own a 3g .

Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro, not the Note one, it has 5 inches
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_3_pro-8007.php

Even the iPhone 5S is a far superior device.

>tfw fucking euro drop the day I wanted to order a phone in dollars
DAMMIT

Are there any phones around $200 new that are comparable to the Z3 that work with T-Mobile?
Needs a headphone jack as well.

I just want xaiomi mi 5 to have official cm support. In the end I'll probably wait for the new nexus line

blame Sup Forums

Just got the S7 edge. I like it, but it's vibrate setting is weak as shit. I can't feel it in my pocket.

The Apple iPhone 6S Plus doesn't have this problem.

The Apple iPhone™ doesn't have anything

How is Sup Forums to blame?

Samsung galaxy s3
Virgin mobile
I'd rate it at 8/10 in general, but 10/10 for price
~130 to buy phone, but only 35 a month

I want to root the phone, but am ignorant. I know there is secretly a linux based os hiding under all the shit. Do I get to pick a new OS for the phone? How do I still conduct 'on cell network' things like calls, or is it not that complicated? I just fear that without the drivers on how to use the cell network, it won't work? I'm super ignorant though.

It should work, but without LTE.

frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/N5ovfD/xiaomi-hongmi-note-3-pro-redmi-note-3-pro-dual-sim-td-lte-16gb-2015116/at-t-united-states

quora.com/Does-XIAOMI-REDMI-Note-3-32GB-4G-Phablet-works-with-ATT-LTE-Network

reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/48af8q/does_the_redmi_note_3_pro_support_h_on_att_or/

>Yup, been using the redmi note 3 on att and have no problems with getting 3g and h+.

sooo still no?

The Apple iPhone 5S.

kek

Sounds horrbile, what do you get for 35 a month?

Brexit

How is the Brexit a bad thing?
Sure you currently will have to pay more, but that's just temporary.
Also, how is Sup Forums to blame? The british people decided, not Sup Forums.

fug, I just woke up man

>how is Sup Forums to blame?
Meme magic. praise KEK.

Either today or tomorrow I'm going to trade in my iphone 6s for either an HTC 10 or an LG G5

Thinking of the HTC 10

Who here owns one? Anyone?

What's the best phone below $200?

~2gb data, unlim text, and who calls anyone, right?

Honestly I have service in most places, and am pleased with it.

>2gb data, unlim text, and who calls anyone, right?
Tbh, without flat calls or at least some 100-200 min this is useless.

How long is the plan for? 24 months?

Looking for good phone under $500 unlocked. No memes pls
>One plus m3m3
>Inb4 wait for axen

What do you guys think of the Xperia XA? I don't care about instilling custom roms/rooting or playing games so the cpu doesn't bother me. Most chink phones don't have the LTE bands for my area (ATT) and the xperia checks off all the right boxes such as 5", sd card slot, minimal bloat, nice design. Apparently it will be for about $279

Are you looking for a good cheap phone? I think you could do better for the price...

This is me
What are you looking for?

Rememe Note 3 Pro.

What exactly does it do better than the Apollo Lite?

kimovil.com/en/compare/vernee-apollo,xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro

Serious question, because I always hear about the Redmi Note 3. I kinda want the Apollo but there must be some downsides to it I'm not seeing. I mainly want a good cam and a 1080p screen.

X20 has a faster CPU but GPU on the SD650 is better if your'e gaymin. bigger battery and plenty of roms as well on the RN3P.

Apollo is good but Vernee is a new chink company with no record or reputation. it probably won't have roms either so your'e stuck with their OS skin as well.

Also. I don't think it's actually out yet, so I'd wait for reviews first if I were you.

Alright, that makes sense. I'd like to be able to install custom roms, so I guess I'll wait and see.

Requirements are no more than $400, 5" max, mSD slot, and works on AT&T LTE here in ameriburger.

it is 300 minutes, i just don't have a social life
it's not a plan or contract, i pay per month via dumb pay cards.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a sim only contract?
In the UK for what you get for $35, you can get a sim only contract for $15.

Z3/Z5 Compact
Xperia M5
OPX

Been living under a rock for a couple of years and want to buy a new phone.
Size: Ideally 4.5 inch, maximum 5
Features: Great battery, moderately speedy
Budget 250€

I see the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini is on sale for 180€, looks like I can root ti easily and put a non bloated OS on it. Good deal?
Any other choices? 4.5 and great battery are what I'm looking for?

Nah nvm

Do you watch news? Do you know the dax? It lost 10%.

I was unaware that was a choice, and will look into that. Sounds much more up my ally, I only did this because I thought it was the most disconnected, and yet connected I could be for the lowest price. thank you.

If you have the shekels go for it.

I have no idea if Sim only contracts are a thing in the US, but it seems as if the carriers want to rip you off as much as possible so they might not have them.

>britfags go /brexit/
>blame Sup Forums
Yeah, blame the local newspaper the next time someone gets shot in your city.

That is likely. I find the level of botnet in america to be disconcerting. certainly will be getting out of here asp

Hey guys I'm trying to move away from my cuckPhone and get a G2. I have T-Mobile but I can't figure out if the G2 supports their LTE frequencies. Halp pls!

Bands
2, 4, 12

Frequencies
1900, 1700 def, 700 a

I didn't say that. Answers to the how's the brexit a bad thing part. It's probably not temporary for most europoors cuz the Euro drops further and shit like pc components etc gets more expensive. The pound is on the lowest point since 40 years or something, dunno how they'll recover from that.

Answered*

I actually got my redmi Note 3(snapdragon) a week ago. So ask me about the phone if you have questions

How's the actual battery life? Is the GPS okay, since it's an issue with several Redmi phones? Does the glass look fragile?

Galaxy Note 7 or Nexus 6 2016?

Battery is good. I can use the phone atleast for 2 days witgouth charging with ~8hours on screen time.
I thing the gps is perfect. It's very precisely
Screen is ok I think. Looks solid. My Model came with a Tempered Glass.

Anybody moved from 5" to 5.5" lately? Is it a drastic change?

Pulling my hair out trying to decide between the Redmi 3 Pro and the Redmi Note 3 Pro to replace my Nexus 5. Don't want to go bigger but the Note seems to have a pretty major performance advantage and I can get both for exactly the same price.

Any heating issues? How's the touchscreen? I remember the Redmi3 having a touchscreen that gets crazy as soon as it's a little bit humid

Oh wait that's for the 2GB Note, 3GB is a bit more. Anyway nothing deal-breaking, question still stands.

I don't think that this will be permanently due to the brexit.
The problem is that EU was doomed right from the start. Look at greece, look at the south of Europe.
Politicians fucked up for good. Instead of creating that massive pile of shit that the EU is, they should have focused on trade only.

Finally the OP3 review by GSMarena. It was uploaded about one hour ago:
gsmarena.com/oneplus_3-review-1455.php

someone pls help

Read the op.

TLDR, please? Shit or good?

It's much easier to read on a bigger screen and watch videos. you'll get used to it if your'e not a total babyhands manlet.

What phone do you have?

Phone is getting a bit warm. But very minimal. No touchscreen issues at all sofar

Still reading, currently at page 4.
TL;DR up to this point:
>mostly positiv
>criticism for the underwhelming screen, albeit decent on paper
>muh dash charge so innovative
>slight criticism for the cam bump and >3000mAh
>endurance rating of 66h with 8h browsing time

How is the camera?
reception? (assuming you are in Europe)
Is MiUi shit? how is performance/lags etc?
thanks.

The camera is the same as the regular Redmi Note 3, right? If not, any samples?

>A new challenger has appeared.

Looks pretty great apart from the muddy camera. Might be a big contender with the OP3 at £300

The camera is good. But there's better.
Miui is good but I like Stock Android more.
No Lags at all sofar.

I'll Post some Samples.

Camera is better on the pro Version btw

Sound is shit on it.
Speaker are mediocore, ext. amp is very good, but 3.5 output is bad.
Meaning you either get yourself a bluetooth headset or you listen to shitty output.
Pick your poison.

>tfw you bought a zenfone 2 as your daily driver
>tfw your going to have to update 6 months later
>tfw your broke

>Miui is good but I like Stock Android more.
Did you flash CM13 or AOSP?

Really? Great to hear.
Thanks. Especially outdoor landscape picture so I can see the luminosity and front camera if you have, please

No. Im still on miui. But planing to flash cm13

Redmi Note 3 pro examples. Couldn't Upload them here. Sorry for Dropbox
dropbox.com/sh/n8dlv9e8jjrz80v/AABOT54lar8lpq2VSYs3Pe1da?dl=0

Too bad it doesn't look that great. Thanks lad!