Who's had a screw-up while trying to install a new processor before here?

Who's had a screw-up while trying to install a new processor before here?

I just bought intel

I apparently tightened the cooler a bit too much when building my new machine a couple of months back and two of the RAM slots refused to work as a result. A few turns the other way on both screws fixed it.

I bent the motherboard socket pins when installing cpu, don't know exactly how that happened. Tried straightening them with tweezers but broke them off. fugg

>his cooler still uses screws

what is this, the 90s?

Its almost like some people never learned to be careful.

Do they just drop it in shout YOLO and shove hard on the processor locking mechanism?

same m90, except I didn't attempt to straighten them. I just claimed warranty on them. I'm the reason my local store now slips in papers stating they don't accept M/Bs with bent pins.

That's literally how I did it my first time because a friend told me "be careful, but at the same time they're quite durable and can take a bit of a fall".

I got the wrong processor for my motherboard on my very first build.

Now I'm more careful though

one time I was on a lot of xanax and pulled an entire cpu off with the heatsink.

fortunately, it wasn't my computer.

lmao

How ?

some bios can actually warn about this

probably magic

bought a new motherboard; i was taking the heatsink off the old one but the thermal paste was cooled and took off the processor with it which bent a lot of the pins

yup, and thank go for library cards back in those days.

Then intel made the switch and AMD could never compete

>de magnetize

Fucking magnets

I saw someone buy a Intel processor it was cringy. Poor kid

LGA is a meme.

Are CPU pins still a thing?

What are those pins though? I went through pentium 4, core2duo e6600 and i5 750, none of them had pins, the pins are in the socket.

Building PC for the first time.
Installing the cpu shouldnt be hard.
Cruuuuuunchhhhhh
>mfw

I've never bent a CPU putting it in, but AMD boards are notorious for the CPU coolers coming out glued to the heatsink since they barely secure them in there.

Bent like 1/4 the pins on an 8350 once and spent 2 hours bending them back one by one with tweezers, still works 2 years later.