What happened to Microsoft's UI designers?

What happened to Microsoft's UI designers?

We used to have Vista, Longhorn, 2008 era Xbox 360, Windows Phone, Zune, Windows Whistler, etc.

I actually liked using a MS product back then.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b9ifQvQCO7Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>transparency
>rounded corners
>animations
disgusting desu

really they should have fired all the graphic design people after Win95 and just kept that. Everything since in their UIs has just been shit. Luna, Aero, Metro...

Looks a bit like KDE

they got lazy and/or fired

they all started using the standard fill tool in ms paint

pajeets happened

they don't understand the american mind and are 'ok' with living in shit and sand, starving. how do you expect them to know what you want?

It's like a user-interface linguistic determinism that isn't cross-cultural.

>le pajeets XD

Not only is this meme shitty and unfunny, it's also racist as fuck

>racist as fuck
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

not only is it correct, it's actual psychology and you are too autist to understant

>ebin

:-----------DDDDDDDDDDD

Fired. And the next one literally designed it on powerpoint.

I agree, it is an extremely unfunny meme. The last 6 arguments I have tried to wage were ended with some reference to "pajeet" and I swear on my life I had not even come close to "shilling" anything.

Just another forced meme used by people without the vocabulary to express their viewpoints logically.

I don't give a fuck about racism but it is sad that Sup Forums is on the same level as Sup Forums when it comes to intelligence and originality.

maybe its cheper to do modern design.. just do some white shit in paint

I still fap to longhorn, there shouldn't be vista

You can still enjoy vista for another 9 months or so.

then why did they stop copying mac?

you forgot the part where Apple stole translucency as soon as Microsoft retired it, and at the same time stole Holo Light as soon as Google retired it.

shut the fuck up and learn to use a fucking toilet, sand nigger filth

OS X had translucency all over the GUI in its earliest versions back in 2001, before even XP was released.

From the beginning, OS X was defined by a compositing, GPU-accelerated window manager, years before Microsoft finally caught up with Vista.

>stawp it das raycissssss

And yet all the systems Apple developed are inferior.

>Source
I'm using a mac right now. I'm used to it, but I don't like it. Terrible, unenjoyable, cumbersome, and inefficient.

>racist
Ruh roh

the PowerPoint shit is not a joke

Windows 9x - 2000 UI was great. Windows 7 UI - Great. XP UI - decent. Win Vista,8,8.1,Ten - Shit UI. ME was awful but least the UI was ok.

Their designers have always been shit and now they're are more shit. Stupid ideas abound just to show them as doing something. It would be better if they just stopped fucking things up.

Then buy something else?

i unironically like metro, but i understand how some aesthetical decisions are intrinsecally subjective

also,

Aesthetically 10 is my favourite, simple and plain. Functionally it's not perfect as there are inconsistencies such as being two completely different designs for the control panel, however I can kind of understand why as they wanted to try something simpler but still offer the more traditional layout.

95, 98, and XP have a certain nostalgic appeal, Vista was just tacky as fuck and 7 was only a little bit better.

GOAT ui

I don't have much money, and I'm waiting to see how Zen and Zen+ pan out.

>i like UIs designed in powerpoint

As long as they are effective, there is no problem with them being designed in powerpoint or paint.

>i unironically like metro
your subjective aesthetics are wrong.

This.

Their subjective experience is wrong.

With XP/vista/7 at least you could just change the theme back to Windows Classic.

They laid off their UI and UX guys and since MUH FLAT DESIGN is going strong they did graphics in PowerPoint. There you have it

And yet they rejected Classic Start Menu in Windows 7.

I am tired of hamburguer buttons, lateral sidebars and pure white background in w10 apps, when that UI was invented for android material design and touch screens.

Outside of surface who use touch in w10?

I have an ASUS windows tablet. Though I don't use many Windows 8 or UWP apps. The ones I do I have no problem with the design. Sounds like your issue is individual apps and not the design concept as a whole.

How many cocks do you service per day?

remember being hyped for longhorn when they made this video?
youtube.com/watch?v=b9ifQvQCO7Y