1366x768

>1366x768

>1920x1080

>Not 16:10 and >=1920x1200
16:9 is terrible and its inferiority is made ever more grating by how close it is to the ideal. I don't want to live in this world.

>implying 1920x1080 is bad

I use a 16:10 display, and I don't like it. I feel like 16:9 is better.

They made TVs with 1366x768 as a resolution.

What was the point? Who was this for?

why? for your gaymes and movies?

>no ejected casing

>Implying 16:9 is better for any task
The only issue is viewing 4:3 content that's been padded to 16:9. Easily solved though.

I also wouldn't want to play games on a 16:9 monitor. I can't imagine why you think that's an argument someone would make.

>dried cum on the screen (right)

So what is the general consensus about the best proportion for gaming and watching TV shows on a PC screen?
I don't mind a 1366x768 screen, but I can't help wondering whether 1920x1080 is actually better or not. Also why not 16:9? It looks like the perfect proportion to me.

>tfw when R9 390 uses piece of shit version GCN that doesn't allow 4K VSR

>1 0 2 4 x 7 6 8
>0
>2
>4
>x
>7
>6
>8

You can do better than this. You don't get to mock a resolution using a smaller resolution.

LOL IT HAS 1400x1050

Having bars at the top and bottom while watching YouTube sucks, and the height doesn't really have any benefits for me. I don't use window decorations and panels, so I don't have problems with vertical space on my screen, and I liked my experience with 1080p displays (which were quite rare, most of the time I use 12800x800, 1280x1024 or 1440x900 displays).

Oh, and 4:3 is only good for CRT TVs.

It's an X61, so no, it doesn't. X61 only exists with a 1024x768 display.

are you fucking retarded, thats a x61t

>wasting battery and GPU cycles to update 2MP of shitposts.

1900x1200

:-)

>Having bars at the top and bottom while watching YouTube sucks
Why. The content is quite literally the exact same size as a 16:9 monitor of the same width, the black bars have no functional impact beyond that they exist to be seen. I don't know why this would be any more bothersome than having a sharp delineation between the move content and your monitor's case.

>I don't use window decorations and panels
Neither do I.

>he thinks movies are shot at 16:9
lmao get a load of this retard

I know that feel, bro. :(

>1024x600

It's pretty comfy on Android, especially with a text terminal.

But they are, so you're wrong.

>faggot

>bought a shitty consumer laptop when could have got a Dell Precision for just a little more

There are some games which don't support 16:10 mode without mods. All three Souls games and Street Fighter V come to imind.

>But they are
no, you're simply retarded

>tfw 14" 1600x900
is this gud

there's no need to lie on the internet

And what others?

That's atypical even for console ports. Usually, at worst, it's internally locked to 16:9 and renders it letterboxed (Mirror's Edge).

>1080p
>not 1800p

>tfw 17" 1600x1200
Step it up kouhai.

>Having bars at the top and bottom while watching YouTube sucks
totally, also we should all use 21:9 monitors to avoid black bars on movies (and even so, there's still some black pixels left, 21:9 is not wide enough for current cinema movies)

There are many movies made each year with 16:9 as the aspect ratio.

>faggot

You don't understand what they're saying. It's about how the movie masters are actually shot, not the form they're ultimately released in. ie, it's not a matter of "this BD is 16:9" or whatever.

>1366x768

>botnet router
>botnet processor
>botnet javascript
>botnet phone

>1440x900

Poor people. Currently watching mine right now

I love this resolution for some fucking reason.

>my 3440x1440 waves to you gently, as you set off in your modest canoe, in search of a new home

and? something wrong with it? fucking sperg

>mfw1024x576
>mfw can't into 800x600
>mfw can't even into age of empires
Name a shittier resolution
Bonus points: guess what's attached to that screen

What's wrong with that?

>i cant provide an argument so ill just call him retarded haha that will teach him

1366x768 isn't 16:9
It's not even a proper ratio
It's some bullshit made up ratio

No, those are the dreaded X61T SXGA bubbles

>It's some bullshit made up ratio
Made me lol.

>windows

>1280x800

power cable

lollin' hard at the peasantry of Sup Forums

>talks about how other people are peasants
>uses windows 10
tip top kek

>windows10
>Opera
>Chrome (botnet)

kys

Windows 10 is the latest and best operating system from one of the most ubiquitous companies. Eighty percent of the Fortune 500 trusts Microsoft's cloud services for example. Only true peasants use freetarded hobbyist software, sorry to hurt your feelings but that's the truth.

>hammer is down the whole time

Literal autism

>everybody uses so it must be good!
nice fallacy you got there

I want to buy a 4k monitor but I feel like this tech will get better and cheaper in a couple years.
Should I say fuck it and buy now, or chill with my 1080p for the time being?

I don't see the point of getting a better monitor for only a year or three.

>black bars
this is the plebbiest complaint

>683:384

16.6" 1366x768 here, not as bad as most would have you think

Get 4k now and then when it gets cheap upgrade to 8k

>Spend $500 to upgrade from fx6300 to i5 6600k
>mfw waiting for it to feel faster

Sounds like an HP mini 110
Oh gawd

>1600x1200
>IPS
>on a ten-year-old laptop
The Thinkpad meme is the best.

I used to think the same until I used a new, 15" laptop with a WXGA screen. It runs Windows server without desktop composition and only does basic tasks, but still very pleasant to use and read text with.

I think the prejudice comes from the fact that most low res displays are cheap shit with poor response times, loads of ghosting and bad colors, not just the low resolution.

>1366x768 isn't 16:9
Fuck off, retard

Poorfag here, 720p is fine.

>tfw spent $300 to upgrade to skylake and didn't realize I needed new ram and couldn't install windows 7

dont be retarded like me guys

but skylake still supports ddr3

My MacBook doesn't have this problem.

Rightish size, wrong brand and model

It's true tho. Linux is shit, that's why nobody uses it.

>browsing on a tablet

>16.6"
>1366x768
Are you half-blind or something? I have it on my 11" laptop and it fits just fine. What the purpose of increased screen size with such low resolution?