Home server thread?

Home server thread?
Home server thread.

Post your shit, services it runs and other interesting info (special purposes, power consumption, mods etc)
Here's my HP T610. Takes only 15W under full load. It has two 2TB HDDs inside and one 16GB SATA SSD acting as boot device. Soon I'm gonna replace the SSD with 128GB mSATA one (via half SATA to mSATA converter).

What about you, desu familia?

Here is the full report if anyone is interested

also forgot about this meme thumbnail

What do you use it for?

15W under full load? Damn, that's impressive. Is it just serving as a NAS? I'm assuming with that power consumption it can't push too much power.

I'm running 2 E5-2670's + 64 GB ram
Mobo: Supermicro X9DR7-LN4F-JBOD
Case: Supermicro SC846
Backplane: 24 slot SAS2 backplane
3 140 MM Noctua Fans intake over HDD's
2 80 MM Noctua Fans Exhaust
~85 TB of HDD over 15 HDD's

Power Consumption: ~150 Watts on average

Functions:
Hyper V Host
Musicbrainz proxy for headphones
Sickrage
Plex Server
Emby Server
Domain Controller/DNS/DHCP
File Server
Torrent Box

My server's OS USB drive shat itself yesterday. Didn't really lose anything, but I had to spend yesterday and today reinstalling shit.

I'm running Emby, Subsonic, OpenVPN, apcupsd, rtorrent + rutorrent (on nginx) and Samba on Debian stable. It currently has a 6x3TB RAID6 array for data storage.

I'm very happy with it, but the USB flash drive failure was quite unexpected, so now I'm trying to find potential alternatives for something more reliable that still uses USB, since I have no extra SATA ports available. Maybe I should try to find a basic SATA controller, but after reading about Marvell-based shit, which is both cheap and easily available, I'm not too sure I want one in my server, those seem to be quite wonky.

well, host os (debian) handles nas function (samba) and two vms - one windows embedded based responsible for filtering seeds/peers and torrent service + webgui to communicate with clients (torrent webui+ addoon for firefox), i also sometimes use it as a terminal server. Other vm is for all other services including web based shit (wordpress site, ampache with full access to multimedia files stored on the server, phpsysinfo for status and roundcube for webmail), mail server + spamd, game server (l4d2 server). It also communicates with my car through integrated wifi card (pinging when in range and tracking if its moving, pretty dank security solution).
CPU handles all this shit pretty good. System drive and two 1,5TB shares are encrypted, so it uses a lot of cpu time, yet its completely usable for max 5 local users (and remote users if you count ampache and l4d2 server)

if I may ask, what do you use to track your car? I have an android head unit (essentially an android phone in my car) with GPS as well as internet via a mobile hotspot. I'd like to do something similar to your setup on that if possible.

bump, I'm getting one soon, I want to know what people are running on 'em

I'm not a huge media guy, so what'd be in it for me?

-Plex Media server (Windows)
i3, 4gb, 9.5TB after format

-Blue Iris DVR (Windows)
i5, 4gb 1TBB

VPN/Download (Windows)
Q6600, 8gb, 1TB

As with any purchase, you shouldn't really buy it if you have nu use for it in the first place.

Anyone have some light server tools to share or tutorials for those looking to explore?

>windows

Disgusting

Why in the gods fuck sake do you have 3 physical servers when you could of virtualized that shit.

>Why in the gods fuck sake do you have 3 physical servers when you could of virtualized that shit.
Perhaps performance is a requirement.

Let's see your setup

Blue Iris is a CPU cock gobbler and it was a free PC. Plex was a free PC except for HDD's.
The VPN/Download box is it's own since virtually it kept crashing my system racking up the CPU to 100%.

Blue Iris is a DVR and is physically secured down. Plex was virtualized until I gathered more users and needed it off my main PC.

How the hell does a VPN/download box hit 100% CPU? I've got a 1Gbps connection and rtorrent doesn't gobble that much CPU time up.

Is a Q6600 really that slow nowadays? Do you have shitloads of high-speed VPN users?

It does on mine. Blue screens after that bitch climbs to 100/101%. Being a free PC, I'm not that concerned.

Instead of using 3 low-end cpus you can get a mid-high end cpu that can handle virutalization. That and use bare metal virtualization.

Q6600 is still a beast, it just has higher wattage requirements. It's no i7 6700k, but it will does well for a server at home.

I have a Q6600 with 8Gb ddr2 (2x4) of ram and it does fine. with Ubituit controller, file/media, and NVR

Probably something wrong with your system.

Can we get some more pics, guides, or stats please? I love these threads.

>>/r/homelab desu

You should probably mount that harddrive that's foating around in the top right somewhere.

Finally got my PowerMac back up and running. Really sucked being stuck with Netflix for a month

uses
>file server
>torrenting
>compile server
>firewall
>VPN
>BOINC

My little home server.

>Emby
>Zabbix Agent
>Transmission
>OpenVPN

Don't really have a use for it for much else, my dedicated server "in the cloud" does most of my other things.

That's a cute setup.

Those peas are kawaii as fuck

Thanks.

Oh, I forgot, I also have it set up as an ad-blocking DNS server. That's useful.

I like very much. I'm thinking of getting one of these pi'$.

I got a fukn triple double. Lol

Power consumption - I've no idea what the dollar per watt rate is just that my server has a 550w antec.
OS - Windows Home Server 2011. Been stable as a rock since I installed it. No complaints just works as it should. I use Macrium Reflect to manage the backup of the server itself which is to a 8TB nas. I use built in Windows Backup program to manage backups of my Laptop and girlfriend's Netbook. (User profile folders only)
My Desktop pc uses windows backup to manage it's own backups to separate internal drive.

Storage - 9 hdds
1. 1TB Seagate - OS partition 60GB/Rest for data,Movies,Music,etc.
2. 2TB x 2 (Raid-1) Seagate - Movies/Music/EBooks (Drive is full)
3. 2TB x4 (4TB,Raid 10) seagate - Data Archive (Full)
4. 500GB seagate - User Folders/FTP upload folder.
5. 320GB Seagate - Laptop's Backup drive/Server Sys Image backup.

Functions - VPN/DNS/DHCP/FTP/File/Streaming Media (Serviio DNLA Server)