Is there anything you can do to protect yourself from ATM skimmers...

Is there anything you can do to protect yourself from ATM skimmers? Trying to see if the ATM looks legit is not a solution, since most skimmers are near replicas.

I use my debit card very often, and I'm paranoid of someone stealing my information.

Don't use ATM, duh
Pay everything with the card directly.
Also, my country use cards with chip now so those skimmers don't work anymore.

Use an indoor atm, much lower chance. Most banks offer indoor atm's now too.

This. Can't think of the last time I used an ATM, or cash in general.

Just use a credit card, you dumb shit.
You won't be responsible for any fraudulent charges, and there's no bullshit policies where your fradulent protections end if you don't report them within 3 days.

This, also only use ATMs in trusted places.

I only use it for buying weed personally

dude weed lmao

Just stop caring, if someone steals your info just report it. No biggie. Stop being paranoid

Skip the ATM. Opt for cash back when you buy things.

I pretend to press a bunch of random numbers while entering my password

I just use my bank book at the ATM.

Go to your bank and use the front desk or their indoor ATM or that drive through thing with the tubes I forgot what its called. Who uses ATMs that aren't free anyway? Fuck its like 3 dollars kiss my ass.

Or you can get cashback at a store after buying a candy bar or something if no bank around.

Don't use them at all.
Buy everything you need off of the internet. I don't know what country you live in, but if you are in the US just use walmart and ebay, for everything. I don't recommend Amazon, not just because of stallman's views but because I personally don't trust them after a bad experience.

For food, as well as other things that you may want to buy in person, use the debit card at legitimate businesses. After that, always keep some cash on hand in your house/apartment.

I'm not just talking out of my ass like most people do here anyways, I actually do what I am posting here. You would be amazed at the money you save and the variety of things you can actually purchase off of the internet.

By not using ATMs. I love paying in cash but it's only a tiny extra hassle for me to walk into the bank and fill out a withdrawal slip. Actually that's a lie because I keep some at home for convenience. All I have to do is walk in and hand it over.

omg lulz so dank

Move to a country that uses chips instead of magnetic stripes

This

>Not using applepay

>he doesnt pay by putting his wallet with a nfc debit card in it on the side of the card reader

Do you faggots actually enter the fucking pin everytime??

>takes even more time than tap and pay with a credit card

why "even"?

is tap and pay especially slow?

Yes. I can slap cash down and walk away faster than it takes tap and pay to work.

In my experience this isn't true. You're already dicking around on your phone in line so now you've removed the whole reaching into your wallet to pull out the card thing. Chip + sign machines are slow as fuck whereas everytime I've done Android Pay it's been instant.

skimmers need to fit on and come off easily, just grab the damn thing and give it a proper pull. if a skimmer comes off, report it to authorities.

very good. cash is dangerous and shouldn't be trusted.
use your cards my friends.

looks like Issei's boosted gear or something

>Paying with anything but gold and silver
Kikes get out

Is it possible to skim chipped cards?

The only time I use ATM is when I'm at my bank. Other than that, I just use credit cards and dispute if I see something off when I check my online statement.