pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>You are new and want our advice? Use buyers template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kbdist.com/
aliexpress.com/item/l/32653111593.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1362
aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Arrival-Free-shipping-HHKB-Case-Plate-Switches-Led-Stabilizers-Keycaps-DIY-Kit-For-HHKB-60/429151_32684284153.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for my wife's son MacBook(tm) Butterfly(tm) Keyboard

Second for fuck Cherry MX.

hey no
ok

>Budget
$200ish each
>Location (continent at least)
NA/USA
>Preferred switch type
Zealios purple, gatron ergoclear, cherry ergoclear, gatron clear, cherry clear, gatron brown, cherry brown
>Layout
ANSI/EN-US or ANSI EN-INT
>Form factor
KB#1 100%
KB#2 80%/tkl or 60% with nav cluster
>Backlight
KB#1 red single color
KB#2 not required, if does then ^
>Previous/current keyboards
Chink $20 simi-mech rubber, z-board (premo rubber), shit dell rubber, shit membrane

Help me please.

sixth for what would you get instead?

kbdist.com/

gateron

Are there any interesting matrix layouts out there other than the planck? I really love that aspect of the ergodox and would like something portable. I find myself mistyping a lot when I have to use a staggered keyborad.

A friend bought a keyboard with switchmaster blues, I'm still on the fence about buying a mechanical keyboard, but the keyboard he got was a good price but it has switchmaster switches on it. Are those any good?

For the guy who asked what keyboard that was at the end of last thread its a kbparadise V80

How's this Tomoko 104 backlit keyboard?

why you not using the zealio switches?

i hate them

Thank you. That would work very well for #2, however I will probably miss the deadline for the buy :( . Any alternatives?

Also, still looking for #1

>Budget
Less than $200
NA
>Preferred switch type
Dampened Cherry Reds/Topre
>Layout
ANSI/EN-US
>Form factor
60%
>Backlight
No
Qsenn DT-35 Membrane & Razer Blackwidow

Any options help

Guy who bought
aliexpress.com/item/l/32653111593.html
here.

Got a message from the seller that the no backlight version only has blue switches and if they can send me that instead. Going to just cancel this order and buy the backlit one, I can swallow the couple bucks difference though I'd much rather not have any lights on it. Oh well. Just confirming now if they blue light has the black switches or do I have to buy the ugly multi color one.

Gateron yellows with 67g springs + magicforce = life

Where can I get some blank ISO keycaps?

Please internet. Affordable keycaps for my Matias Quiet switches. Please internet.

Matias are basically Alps clones right?
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1362

As far as I'm aware, they're the same cap fitting, but I think there are differences deeper in the switch at some point.

That's a great deal. I think I might just buy that today. Thanks user.

From the shops

Exactly. Personally I prefer them over most original Alps switches, but others would disagree. I also think that orange Alps suck ass.
I'm still waiting on an order from Winkeyless where I ordered the tactile Clear version, which is virtually identical. Am pretty thrilled to find out whether the two of us are in line on these. It'd be pretty bad, considering I ordered 200 of those, but I guess I'll be able to sell them for at least the same I paid for them, so whatever.

Apparently only the mix light version has black switches available.

>not even so much as F keys
Senpai do you do absolutely nothing with you computer but shit post?

That's a nice looking keyboard.

Well, you probably have a full keyboard, but your post is shittier than that user's have ever been.
Lurk more, friendo :)

I'm fairly sure it does actually have F-keys, like just about every 60% ever does.

>says a man whos keyboard is missing Control keys
yeah right

>not knowing about the presence of a function key

HHKB has its control key on caps lock.
Lurk more.

wasdkeyboards

UKKeycaps had a great set of high quality PBT blanks for ISO, but their shop is down for a couple days atm. Check it out when it's back up though, they're amazing

You must be blind if you can't spot the control key.

Just got this beauty. (thinkpad compact bluetooth keyboard) Not mechanical, but scissor switches are surprisingly good compared to normal rubber domes. And the trackpoint is soooooo nice.

Originally bought it for taking notes in class with my phone, but it might also end up replacing my realforce.

This is fucking awesome

That's a nice keyboard, didn't know it was a thing.

I don't get how scissor switches are better than rubber domes though, I hate them.

Having a new keyboard or a new set of keycaps on the way is one of the best feelings.
What are you guys waiting for? I have a CM Novatouch coming, just dispatched today, arriving on tuesday probably.

>What are you guys waiting for?
I'm waiting to go to Japan in about two weeks. Thinking of getting either a Filco Minila Air or a 55g Realforce. Though there seems to be alps clones and various other things around too, so ultimately I'll find out once I'm there.

Waiting for NEETbux, will order some switches, arduinos, and other DIY things.

Just got some dye-sub pbt caps.

They feel great, but when I look closely there's some haze around the legends, like the dye bled a little. Is this normal?

That can happen with dyesubbed caps, it's pretty much indicative of the quality of printing. More expensive sets will typically not have this kind of problem.

>Budget
£150ish
>Location
UK
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Blue
>Layout
ANSI/ISO not bothered
>Form factor
60%
>Backlight
Not bothered
Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red

here are my 2 babies

How do you use a keyboard without the letters printed on it ?

you just know where the buttons are

scissor switches are so much worse then normal rubber domes dawg

>TFW waiting for planck

>Budget
$125 can go to $150
USA
>Preferred switch type
Silent and Soft
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
Full or TKL. I just need the arrow keys.
>Backlight
Yes. White.
N/A

How is that more efficient than having them printed ?

Atomic and Preonic are ortholinear layouts also made by the same guy

You get used to it very fast.

Also not that I'm currently looking into the Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire TK Wired Mini.

It can be prettier. Plus if you have weird layouts in your language (I for instance need ISO nordic layout), it is pretty much impossible to find a set of high quality keycaps with legends that fit that layout - whereas it's pretty easy to find blank keycaps in good quality.

The same way you'd use any other keyboard

sure is summer here

It saves printing time. Kinda obvious, you must be retarded.

>Budget
Max 200 GBP
UK
>Preferred switch type
Cherry browns, greens or reds (dont have experience with any other)
>Layout
US ansi qwerty
>Form factor
Ten keyless or smaller
>Backlight
Not required
Razer Blackwidow, no complains other than the size and the super thick cable

Any feedback is welcome

>ISO sucks edition
4U

If your mainly worried about the nav cluster, then even though it is a 60%, with printed keys is $85+s/h

Silent&soft sounds like clears/whites or browns

Pic is the stock image from the site.

what do you think, gents? I call it the Perfect Posting Keyboard

looks like you took things from a few different layouts and combined them to make it as inconvenient as you could

waiting for my Pexon custom cable that some guy here rec'd me last week

It's an ADM-3A, with og Macintosh arrow keys rearranged to correlate with vim movement keys, and backspace accessible from homerow. and a tab key. And all "stock" key sizes so you can actually buy aftermarked (dsa/unprofiled) keycaps

Has anyone from the UK bought this from Japan via Amazon? If so, did you have to may import taxes?

Cheers.

I like but how do you use Function keys?

>Budget
Max budget is $150, but I would prefer something between $110 - $130
>Location
USA
>Preferred switch type
reds, blues, or blacks
>Layout
ANSI (This is the normal one used in the US right? I don't want the one with the weird enter button)
>Form Factor
100% Full
>Backlight
Yes, any color is fine
Only used laptop keyboards and some really cheap $10 dell keyboard.

Are there any new mechanicals that are big, heavy, and have understated aesthetics like the IBM Model M?

Do you have a link to that layout? I'd like to make some modifications.

There's HHKB on aliexpress now, senpai.

aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Arrival-Free-shipping-HHKB-Case-Plate-Switches-Led-Stabilizers-Keycaps-DIY-Kit-For-HHKB-60/429151_32684284153.html

That's not an HHKB user, that's a custom with an HHKB-style layout.

Fake?

Anybody had any experience?

Can anyone tell me what the easiest way to clean my keyboard would be? I'd assume taking all the caps off and cleaning it with alcohol or water would work but I dont want to fuck up any of the keys that use those wires in them.

sure, if you have any ideas I'd love to see them

[{y:1.5},"~\n`","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","_\n-","+\n=","Insert","Delete"],
[{w:1.5},"Escape","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I","O","P","{\n[","}\n]",{w:1.5},"|\n\\"],
[{w:1.75},"Caps Lock","A","S","D","F","G","H","J","K","L",":\n;","\"\n'",{w:2.25},"Enter"],
[{w:2.25},"Shift","Z","X","C","V","B","N","M","\n.","?\n/","Home","End"],
[{x:0.75,w:1.25},"Tab",{w:1.25},"Win",{w:1.25},"Alt",{w:2},"Backspace",{w:2.75},"Shift","Fn","←","↓","→","↑"]

R3 Zealios ship when

What do you guys think of the Cooler Master Novatouch?

cute memes only pls

>Fell for the memechanical keyboard meme
>Got Kailh Brown switches

Cheers, keep an eye open for the next few threads.

I've had a few coolermaster ten-keyless keyboards over the years and they've all been great. You really can't go wrong.

its just as efficient you fucking reet
except if you need legends you probably hunt and peck
also they are cheaper then having them printed

just get a model M man nothing that is like it compares to it

kek, ya fuck up good nigga
atleast de-click them

H-how do I do that? O-rings?

takes quite some work you have to de solder the switches and then open them up and remove the metal thing inside (not the spring obvuiously) that is making the tactile feedback

you would be better of just replacing the switches and this time choose gaterons

or throw the budget gamer board in the trash and start over with something decent

you don't need to desolder the switches unless they're plate mounted.

which is by far the most common

is that one new? I haven't been following for quite some time
Something like this, but in Iso?

>capslk

I just got another $10 model m from my university's surplus store. I cleaned it up and ordered two missing keys for it. It came with a piece of paper taped to it showing wordperfect keybinds.

Unicomp makes new buckling spring keyboards like the Model M.

>want to go for 46-key keyboard
>currently on my shitty keyboard some of my F keys must be pressed while holding FN because media keys are default
>major annoyance
>can't imagine having to do the same thing even for the number row
>and all that with the matrix layout

what the fuck am i getting myself into

but with far worse build quality

I already have one, but it's not working 100%. I'll probably just fix it or buy a new one in that case.