/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Ask your simple questions here.
Do not start threads to ask questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

6be54c364949b623a3c0-4409a68c214f3a9eeca8d0265e9266c0.r0.cf2.rackcdn.com/488/documents/headrushe1_refmanual_00.pdf
amzn.com/B00UR321B6
nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/9r78KZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do I install two copies of the same userscript?

change the name

CAP file bitch here, willing to post screenshots of my issues

How do I put toothpaste onto my brush and dampen it with water without it falling off and into the drain

put water on brush first

either;
- press the toothpaste nozzle into the bristles a little, and at a strong angle, so the toothpaste gets partly stuck in the bristles (not just sitting on the top loosely)
- wet the brush first

How do I get a new IP address?

Am being ddosed. called ISP and they told me to turn it off for some time. Turned it off for an hour and didn't get a new IP. Turned it off overnight and didn't get a new IP. its saturday and isp won't answer my calls. i googled and this shady person says, "you can get assigned a new ip address instantly. you just need to get ISP to identify you differently. you will know that there is one other address than the IP address. you just need to change that address and turn off and back on your router. but i wont tell you exactly how lol."

what the fuck does he mean by this? mac address? subnet mask?

help

We told you last thread.

Swish and Spit/Swallow with clean water before brushing, that's all the water you'll need to foam up properly.

The one I'm trying to install is Extra Flags. It says this in the script:

>name and namespace cannot be changed - it would break the update mechanism, that's why we will leave the name at Extra Flags for int

by it i mean my modem

modem
router connected to modem
my laptop connected to router thru wifi

this is how my setup is

quote your replies here then
i was not even on the last thread fucker

I am trying to create a hangman game for practice and I cant remember how to use my counter variable ( int i ) in my for loop to effect my labels.

For example, I have 7 empty label boxes (The maximum number of letters in the words which are randomly chosen). I want my for loop to check the length of the string which is chosen and for every letter less than the max make a label box not visible.

So If it picks the turtle which is 5 letters I want it to make 2 labels not visible.

How do I make the counter count as the last string value for the name of my label.
They are named wordLabel[number 1-7] and I want the for loop to
for (int i = 7; i > wordToGuessNumCount; i--)
{
wordLabel[i].Visible = false;
}

I know it is an entry level question but I cannot remember for the life of me, I also tried putting them in a string array but I cannot get them to call the visible function if they are strings.

please forgive me mental handicap

Can i use the power suoply/adapter/idk on the right to power this pedal on the left. I don't know what the fuck these signs mean.

If u need more info about the thing on the left heres the user manual: 6be54c364949b623a3c0-4409a68c214f3a9eeca8d0265e9266c0.r0.cf2.rackcdn.com/488/documents/headrushe1_refmanual_00.pdf

Power supply is 12 volts, pedal is designed for 9 volts
It might be within its design tolerance but it also might fry it.

I want to play 1080p ultra so should I get the rx 480?

How loud is fx stock cooler?

>tfw you post and someone makes a new thread while you're typing and nobody will ever see it

Is this a good motherboard for overclocking this chip? Assuming CM212 Evo.

i think it can handle it. I'm more worried about the ac/dc and polarity stuff that i don't know about.

put the paste into your mouth directly like a pro

Sorry if I don't give too much weight to your opinion on that given your lack of knowledge, but I guess its your equipment you'd be fucking up.

I don't know what connectors the supply and pedal are using, but the polarity of the center and ring are reversed
Notice how the pedal has the tip negative and the adapter has the tip positive.

need Sup Forums approved media players

vlc is pissing me off.
id prefer something with a lot of features

How to build best gaming PC, no GPU tho I'm on a budget

To build a good gaming pc without a gpu you

haha whats next a car without wheels

mpv

Windows Media Player is actually pretty decent. Not amazing but I've found vlc to artefact out on me and wmp doesn't.
For Linux though obviously find something else.

>do-it-faggot.tga

970 mobos aren't that great for overclocking. I had a 6300 at 4.6ghz in an Msi Gaming 970. The vrms got hot as fuck and the thermal paste melted out from underneath them.
I'd get a 990, especially for the 8350.

Oh no, the reason i know that is cuz ppl run their 9v pedals on 12v or 18v power supplies all the time so i just assume they all have built in voltage regulators. But again, that polarity stuff is way above me. Do we want polarity reversed or nah?

What games?
What budget?
Why no gpu?
What desired settings?
Monitor included in budget?
Cmon you're like those assholes that go into a store and ask the employees "find me that thing I like" with no more details.
Also logicalincrements. Com

if possible i want something that has vlc's "set as wallpaper" feature
since id rather not have to disable eyefinity every time i wana watch something and also use my other monitors

I'd settle for a mild OC. I already have the board.

Assuming the connectors are even the same size, yes the connector polarity needs to be reversed.

you can make mpv act as a wallpaper (on linux, not sure about other OS's)

Gonna ask here again, if I can get a legit copy of Windows Student edition in a few months and I want to install it now with a pirated version, can I legitimize the pirated copy by entering the key once I get it. Or will I have to reinstall?

sooooooooooo. do i plug eet in?

CCCP (MPC) for Windows or MPV for windows and linux.

I can't tell if u mean the connector polarity needs to be reverse the pedal for it to work(as in my case right now) or if my specific connector's polarity needs to be reversed for it to work.

help

is there really no one on Sup Forums that can answer this question?

You would need to cut the cable and reverse the wires.

I've been looking but unable to find any; Are there any usb cords / usb extension cords that have an on/off switch?

And I don't mean power-only cords. I'd like to be able to simply 'turn off' my usb microphone without unplugging it all the time.

Just dont use it?

Does "Knox" or some other software limitation prevent me from flashing a ROM or rooting my at&t note 3?

If you're turning something off multiple times that means at some point you had to turn it back on again... I honestly didn't think I need to type out "I'd like to be able to simply turn my usb microphone on and off without plugging and unplugging the usb cable".

I thought this was a thread for stupid questions, not stupid answers.

You can disable the mic in windows/linux/whatever?

Put a shortcut to audio on your desktop and disable the mic.

And if I'm worried that my computer is compromised someone could re-enable it? You might say that is stupid, or tinfoil, but we are literally in a "stupid question thread".

I want a better way than plugging/unplugging the cable to physically disable my USB microphone.

is there a way to make a certain android app never get closed by the ram application manager?

Like clover for example, if I'm writing some delicious shitpost and then I open a browser to check my spelling or my bulletproof facts and then go back to clover I find dumbass android closed the application and my shit is gone.

Well if your PC was compromised you'd see it be turned on. It's unlikely unless you're doing something stupid that anyone would even give a shit about what you say

Things like this do exist though

amzn.com/B00UR321B6

Just google "usb switch on off" and you'll find a lot of it

Pc finally shit itself and am going to build a new one, have some parts off the old one I am going to re - use (hdds etc) is this build worth going through with?

nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/9r78KZ

If you wait more than a month without activating windows will lock you out of the system.

See, I did that before coming here, because I don't want to waste other people's time. That (and all the other ones I found) do not have the data pins connected, so only work for things that just need power (ie. not a microphone).

In fact, on the very page you linked, one of the questions literally asks about a USB microphone and is told it does not work:
"This switch is purely an on off switch and will not transfer any sort of data. So if your microphone is USB powered and you are only using it as an on off switch then it will work. It will not transfer your sound input just the power to operate the device."

I said as much in my first post:
"And I don't mean power-only cords."

I also don't even know how I could tell if my microphone was on - it doesn't have a light or anything (and this assuming I'm watching this constantly?...).

Why isn't there a monitor that covers 100% of CIE1931? Is it physically impossible with current technology?

Yes, but invest a little more on HSF, get a NHU12S or NHU14S.

so I built a new computer for my brother, installed a new system on it, and after installing the drivers from the cd I've got for the motherboard, the usb portrs stopped working, nothing seemed to solve it, so reinstalled the system, after updating it it said something about changes to the firmware and wouldn't boot, after turning off the secure boot this problem solved itself, now the mouse connected through usb works, but it doesn't recognize any pendrive, tried 3 different one, ones that other computer recognize, and also instead of steady green light, there's a blinking orange light coming from the motherboard, even if the computer is off, do I just return this shit? or it's just me being retarded? every time I solve a problem, there seems to be 2 new one

do you put pea-sized thermal paste on cpu or spread it evenly with a credit/gift card?

It really doesn't make any difference in temps, but pea is easier to not make a mess.

Motherboard?

Check the codes it gives in your motherboard manual or mess with your BIOS settings.

I've seen USB hubs that have on/off switches per port, mostly on the chink shit web shops.

Pea is better because
1. Its harder to fuck up.
2. Spreads evenly anyway when you place the HSF

If I've got a middle portion of a video file (Say, bytes from 10MB - 20MB, and I've got the video header (from 0-100KB), is there a way to get the middle portion to play?

My HD7870 died and i'm about to pull the trigger on this. Mostly playing wow, skyrim, random games i'll find on steam. Did anyone had issues with this card?

you could try concatenating them

Save a little more and buy a recent card?
GTX 950SE or wait for RX480 maybe?

What's the integrated graphics potential of Intel i5-4460? I updated to an i7 and was thinking of building a mITX media PC without a GPU card. Can it produce feasable 1080p resolution image to TV?

>Can it produce feasable 1080p resolution image to TV?
And more.
Its not that weak as you think.

It may be enough to run games, but not to play them smoothly too.

Your locked bootloader prevents that. Knox is the security thing that will trip if you unlock your bootloader. If it's not already something you're aware of, then tripping Knox doesn't mean shit as far as you're concerned, but Samsung will deny you warranty claims if it's tripped, even if it's for an issue that couldn't possibly be caused by you changing software, because they're shitty.

I admit for me the experiences of integrated graphics and how it performs comes from 10 years ago so yeah, technology has probably advanced quite alot in that time.

Well we went from 8MB IGPUs that could barely work at 1024x720 trough VGA to 256MB-1GB IGPUs able to do 4K at 60FPS without problems.

What's the oldest video game that can still be played with complete strangers 24/7?

pong

i dont want to spend more than 150€, but maybe you're right. r7 370 is basically a rebranded 7870.

Grab a soldering iron, a 4PST switch, and some USB connectors, and make your own cable.

Post graphs or GTFO

I'm using a TV as my monitor right now to save the money on a new monitor.

Problem is, when launching most games in fullscreen, the TV actually automatically changes the picture mode from Standard to Vivid. Vivid meaning "just fuck my eyes up thanks contrast."

Normally this wouldn't be an issue, I change it back to standard with the TV remote.
But then after about 2-3 minutes, the screen flashes black and suddenly it's set back to vivid again.

Is my computer doing this, or my TV?
How can I STOP it?

Where are you from?
150€ Max?

Your GPU is something you will rarely change so why not spend a little more on it?

If you can control it with the remote its your TV
Slap that bitch till it cooperates.

trying to downgrade from windwos 10 to 7

I just got done doing a clean install of 7 to my desktop, it never had anything other than windows

and I decided that I wanted to do teh same to my laptop, however it does have windows 10

I tried using the same flash drive that I used rufus and an iso for windows 7, but it didn't take, it said I was missing some drivers or some shit after I got passed the language section of the windows 7 installation

I have an HP laptop if that matters

tl;dr How to uninstall windows 10 and reinstall windows 7 to an HP laptop

I could do that, but I'd rather pay 3$ on amazon because I have terminal laziness.

wait for the specs on the rx 470 and 460
they should be right in that range and be at least slight upgrades on the 370

Your laptop came with windows 10 originally?

How fix

Its FUBAR.

Replace the whole MOBO.
How does something like this happens.

8, I left it with my sister almost a year ago and it had windows 10 when I picked it up a month or so ago

no option to downgrade to 8

knew it would happen and I really only use it for torrenting, but I've found i'm using it more and more

Stop being a fucktard. Windows 10 is way better.

Dont downgrade to 7 then, Downgrade to 8.1.

What's broken?

Your rupee has been sent

It... it worked.
Well, I basically did fuck all and suddenly it's not doing it anymore.
So. Thanks I guess lol

Is 16GB RAM overkill

Its your TV, i assume you checked your TV settings and find a way to dont let it do stuff automatically.

so I can't go to 7? or I just have to go to 8.1 first before trying to install 7 again?

I like 7

no

I'd future-proof with 64gb ddr4

Wish I knew, I'm a newfag to this. Laptop just randomly shut off and wouldn't turn back on, couple seconds later it smelled like something was burning so I opened it up and that's what I saw.

For a facebook machine yes
For heavy multitasking no

Percussive maintenance
Works 50% of the time every time

You could try but it would be easier to return to 8.1.

What is the driver error it gives you?
USB 3.1/3.0 driver error?
Depends, for a casual computer Yes.
For a computer that will use Firefox, no.

Running Skyrim on Windows 7 while not having to close all Firefox tabs and the like.

Tfw too poor for that

Which laptop was it?