0x0.st/TnT.png
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.lux
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what the fuck

Flux dark room mode.

"lol user your screen is broken, why dont you buy an iphone"

Stop forcing this terrible meme

Thanks for reminding me to reinstall f.lux, OP

No. This is stupid. Just turn down your display output to be less bright.

Do you use that in public?

Thanks for reminding me to hide your post, OP.

No. It's for at home late at night, or I suppose if you were camping.

That can't actually be good for your eyes.
Give facts/studies and I don't just mean linking me the research page on the f.lux website, that's only for the default mode f.lux does not this ultra red shit.

>Anyone else eat shit from your hands?

Red light is cool because (especially really deep red) doesn't stimulate your eye's rod cells (the ones used for night vision). It basically tricks your eyes (and probably ancient parts of your brain) into thinking they're in total darkness. This is why the military, astronomers, etc. light everything in red: it doesn't deplete your night vision, so it's there when you need it (your night-vision rod cells take a long time to 'reset' once they've been triggered, hence why it takes a long time to regain night vision when you're exposed to normal - not just red - light).

The flip-side however is that your eyes aren't very sensitive to red compared to other colours (AFAIK other mammals can't see red light at all), so you'll probably end up putting the brightness up.

Nice virtualboy

Why did the VirtualBoy use red-on-black anyway?

Are you literally retarded or just pretending? Red is the most noticeable color in our vision and will drown out other colors, and everyone else uses green for their shit because green is literally 10x brighter per watt compared to red in our brain.

for fucks sake no one fall for this bait

setting case fans to blue

Is this actually for darkroom use because I can tell you right now that film hasn't been less sensitive to the red wavelength for about thirty years now.

Noticeable does not mean brightest, and your images supports exactly what I said. Can you stop pretending to be retarded?

No, normal people use if for stargazing/seeing outside at night since phone screens normally kill your night vision. It's just named because that's what it looks like

Ah, fair enough.
Thanks.

>not browsing everything in dog mode

for what purpose?

I need high contrast mode.

I don't think this would work well with that.

The film isn't but the photo paper is

I assume this is because we evolved in an environment where almost everything (plants) were green.

I have a phobia of spontaneously going colorblind and these images scare me

You have a pretty fucking stupid phobia

what are you on about?

those are normal images, with normal colors.

who tetrachromat master race up in here?

I've had F.lux installed forever and didn't know it had this mode.

Interesting.

You are fucking retarded lmao

How about turning on your fucking lights instead of sitting in the dark like autistic man child?

Why are we posting random screenshots?

Beat me to it

Can any iOS folks say whether Flux for iOS has this mode?

Plebs

It does user, it's on in pic related and works well.

I'm Not jailbroken btw

I was surprised that the Cyanogenmod ROM I use has this feature built in already, they call it "LiveDisplay" (what a stupid name)

I prefer the f.lux orange over Twilight's darker red though

Fucking awesome. SE here I come.

...BTW how does the build-in "night mode" on iOS now compare to Flux?

whats the debian versian of this again? redsomething?

redshift?

thanks

>iFunny

>I eat shit from my hands.

Flux goes a bit more orange than night shift, but it competes extremely well actually. I don't use flux anymore desu I'm just too lazy to delete it

uhh user...? those ARE colored pictures

the red hurts my eyes m8

why not use black, grey and dark green?

see:

>2016
>running unknown code on your machine
Please leave this board OP.

>tfw no flux on android

Cf Lumen a shit

There is if you're rooted, although it's buggy (have to start and stop it a few times before it 'takes' properly, and Play Store turns it off it seems)

...weird that Android is supposedly so open, but Flux and its clones are so crippled on Android, but it runs faultlessly on OSX.

>needing a proprietary program to run the equivalent of xgamma -rgamma 0.1 -ggamma 0.1 -bgamma 0.1

stay cucked

There are actually legitimate reasons. Studies are finding that, surprise surprise, all of the light we have late into the night is TERRIBLE for our health!

its because the flux cux let apple cuck them

Fuck, Sup Forums strips the gamma tags from my screenshot

0x0.st/TnT.png

That's not the same thing user, and I'm pretty sure flux is open source

All flux is doing is changing the gamma table. Maybe my values are off, who cares. I spent a second on the command. My point is that if all you want to do is remove the non-red from your gamma table you can do that easily without needing a gigantic proprietary piece of shit for it..

>I'm pretty sure flux is open source
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.lux lists its license as “Proprietary EULA”

flux is proprietary crap

/thread

probably not you