Aussie here. Have i been completely fucked over by changing from ADSL2+ to the NBN...

Aussie here. Have i been completely fucked over by changing from ADSL2+ to the NBN? Im getting 22mbps download on speed test but youtube is hitting buffering walls like its 1990s dialup. It was 100% fine before. Are they jewing me hard and throttling youtube so i pay for speed upgrades?

Other urls found in this thread:

finder.com.au/nbn-tracker/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probs

I'm getting better than that on VDSL2 - 4K YouTube vids are no problem here.

I could do 1080 before, but now it struggles to get through 360 without stopping for 10 seconds every 5 minutes

Who did you sign up with?

My telstra plan finished so when i renewed it i just "upgraded" to the NBN

We have Telstra NBN at work and it was pretty patchy all day Friday - could be they're doing work on whatever took the network down the other week.

Ill give it the benefit of the doubt for now then

I'd give tech support a call and get the issue on file, though.

That way you've got a complaint history if you want to get out.

In the meantime, try the usual things to speed things up - clear cache, flushdns, different DNS, different browser etc

Yeah, i tried those options and ive already contacted them. Its just upsetting that i cant marathon grand illusions

>mfw I've been coax for years and NBN cucks get worse speeds than me

Maybe they changed your DNS and you're getting youtube traffic through a far off CDN instead of your usual close one?

I'm getting 100/40 on NBN, are you with dodo or something?

25/25 would be nice, i don't even get that

I didnt want to but i was apparently going to be forced at the end of the year anyway

Telstra, but the speeds im getting should be more than enough to run youtube

Ive flushed the DNS, and even changed it to a couple others with no improvement

its probably just psycological

or youre on shit tier node nbn and there are other people watching netflix maxing out the connection at your node

I only found out about FTTN/FTTP while trying to work out this issue. I got no idea how to check which im on though

you gotta call up telstra and ask

HOWEVER, is this a new house? Was fibre built into the house?

If it's an old house then they would've needed to put in fibre directly from the street to your house to a modem type device (then cat6 will run through inside your house to a port somewhere)

You said they switched automatically, so I doubt it's FTTP

its easy. do you have a nbn box that you plug into? or if not which i suspect is that you just use the same phoneline that you did before.

the box at your house? thats the actual good fibre to the house nbn.

the phone line bullshit, that's "vdsl" i.e. shitty fibre to the node nbn.

finder.com.au/nbn-tracker/ will also tell you.

just looked it up on mynbn.info i have fiber to the node apparently. Do i kill myself now?

Why aren't you using a cable or fiber ISP?

because of the man pictured in the OP

Coax here too, hardly anyone in my suburb is on it. It's a good life.

LMAO
you vote labor and hope they win so you can get back on track

no, but just get used to that forever. becuase even if labor gets voted in to govt, they can't fix the shit show that is already installed "fttn" internet

Who's irrelevant now?

Im not voting labour just for that. I wont need to worry about faster internet if the house is burned down

Are you in Canberra?

Yes

That upload speed is useless though
What's Canberra like to live in?

Netflix fucked up everything.

>Vodafone
No wonder those shit speeds. Don't you have at least 100/20?

Hot in summer, cold in winter, clean air, wide roads.

I moved back after 12 years in Sydney and it's much more relaxed.

People call Canberra boring because they had an excursion here in year 9 and saw Parliament house and the war memorial, but I've always found it matters more about the people you're with rather than where you're at.

I went to canberra a couple months ago for a car show. it was really nice, but the people that live there have no fucking idea how to drive. I almost had a woman run into me head on because she went the wrong way around the big roundabout in front of parliament house

it's still you

>not signing up for 100/40 FTTP plan

>there are people in this thread complaining about shit internet that voted for LNP
>mfw based kevin bought fibre to my house

>not having symmetrical internet

>22Mbps
Why the fuck would you get the 25/5 tier?
Get 100/40 pleb

thinking that you could even get 100/40 on fttn

Why do you think the roads are so wide?

I've not seen a car go the wrong way around a roundabout, but have almost taken out cyclists doing it a couple of times.

I think the shit drivers are a fair trade off for being able to get where you're going in a reasonable time - it takes me 15-20 minutes to drive the 18 ks to work.

Sometimes it would take me 20 minutes to get to the end of my street in Sydney!

>not living in the far more exclusive and high brow Queanbeyan
laffin@u famalam

i would take living at coober pedy over living in sydney. That place's roads are the definition of "fuck my shit up senpai"

Just switched to coaxial, feels good mang

>censoring isp and server
For what purpose

Careful not to get ISP doxxed, user.

>moving to Queanbeyan

sorry user, my parents aren't blood relatives

But only 16 year old kids do that
Oh wait.

Eh, it's got pretty comfy rents, I can afford to rent a two bedroom townhouse for like $320 I think I pay, and it's a nice distance from everywhere else in Canberra, unlike Tuggers or Belco, which were the only two other areas with reasonable rentals when I was looking.