STOP the press

IVY Gaming 17P: First Notebook with GeForce GTX 1080m For $2500

How come nobody is talking about the future of gaming pc?

>gimping a 1080 with a 45w cpu
>180+w power draw
>mobile

I'm done here.

>future

tell me a better laptop for that price?

>future indeed

Waht?

1080m, not 1080

He thinks it's a desktop GPU.
Doesn't know the 1080m is a *shock* MOBILE chip that's far less powerful.

I'm more curious about shit like 1040m that'll be sold in 720p 14 inch laptops for less than A$1000.

Gt940m was surprisingly decent, 1040m should be even better for gaming on the go

>screen
>20w
>CPU
>35-45w
>motherboard, RAM, drives, cooling, anything else
>30-40w
>high end mobile GPU
>100w

Oops

R u ok?

Problem, user?

>gaming
>PC
lmao, grow up kid

I go peepee standing up!

>$2500

fuck off, queer

Still now one gave a better example for 2500.....
> OP is right no one can deny!
this place is just full of summer Sup Forumsents

it looks gay

He thinks there's an actual 1080gtx inside and not a cut down version

We need to see actual performance tests of the 1080m and the 1070m in games, compared to the 1080 and 1070.

did i ever say it was the 1080? and not the Mobile version? nop...
I simply said that there is not a single laptop on the market that can even come close to this one for 2500.

so.....

>OP keeps winning :D:D:D

>How come nobody is talking about the future of gaming pc?
Because they all go to you fucking wanker. Also nobody here believes in calling something "mobile" when it is heavy as fuck.
TLDR op is a faggot

And yet thinkpads get shilled like crazy...

why do you sound butthurt do you have a mac or smtg ? lol

>comparing a fucking thinkpad with an asus piece of shit

E6410 actually.

ooooh shit we have a bad ass here, better make way

plus why would you mention you have a shit laptop while talking shit to something that would crush your shit lololololololol

THAT LOOKS CLUNKY AS FUCK HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>having to bait this hard to make up for your shit battery life and even shittier heat dissipation
Good luck finding power sockets while I can shitpost on the chan for hours on end.

lololol using laptops in public what a fucking child...
most people get laptops for when they go on business trips and use them in the rooms they stay at.

but what can you expect it is summer and kids are going to be here.... i bet your mommy got that brick for you and told you it was really good

But my asus gives me 13 hours battery life...

why wont you use your phone like a normal grownup? why would you bring your clunky laptop to help your mom shop at the mall ?

not him, and I do mostly use my laptop when Im on business trips in my hotel room, but I basically only play vidya on it and dont really do any business whatsoever on my laptop.

>1080m
fuck off, mobile GPUs are dead
full 1080 soon

What model

>gaming laptop

T100ta

Your legs will melt.

Looks like your brain has already melted

Why would you play games let alone away from home

So can you take your Vive on the road with this?

>implying it wouldn't be drastically better with the rx480

Why not make a laptop version of a desktop card that has great performance for its power consumption? Seems to me it should kick the piss out of a 1080 in a laptop since in the case of a laptop they have to design it around a battery which means gimping the components so the battery doesn't die inside of 20 minutes.

Starting with a GPU that consumes less power means scaling it down less and making it perform more.

Also
>gaming laptop

>acting like an idiot child
>calling summer
>emoticons

I've got some news for you breh...

Call me when there is a gaming laptop without a unnecessary case style and glowing keyboards

I'm just curious how a laptop that would be obliterated by a $300 hobo desktop is the "future" of the gaming PC. With the specs in that thing, you're going to have it plugged in all the time anyway, so why not build a far superior desktop and then spend the other $2200 on something responsible? Like moving out of his mom's basement in OPs case

Can't they design a laptop gpu to consume max power when plugged in and sip it while on battery?

No need to exaggerate I figure the $2500 laptop would be on par with an $800 desktop. Yes you won't be able to game very long without being plugged in but the value of having that wherever you travel is worth it if you travel a lot.

Hell, it would be nice as a college student to have that on monthly trips home but that is not for us poorfags

Nvidia's 1080m is faster than AMD's new RX 480 desktop part.

Oh fuck lmao.

You wouldn't game on a laptop

You still have to account for cooling the thing when it's at full tilt. GPUs especially generate a lot of heat which would be difficult to dissipate in a small laptop body.

Can't have everything pal.

So fire box

Thats what heatpipes and multiple HSF are for.

I would if I could, I want to do everything on my laptop because then I can take it with me and leave nothing behind. Laptops are more personal to me than desktops.

But I still need my desktop because high quality laptops that can run games are too expensive. Maybe AMD will change that in the future. I'd like to pay maybe 1000 euro or under, not 2500. It's going to be something that gets old fast anyway, a lot faster than desktop builds.

Which also need space. Notice how large and heavy the more powerful graphics cards tend to get. You also can't have other parts too close to the HSF cause they will heat up too.

You could solve the problem by making a bigger case for enormous HSFs and heatpipes and plenty of air around to protect other components, but at some point you'll just be better off epoxying a monitor and UPS to an ITX build.

Fucking kill me already. Sup Forums is bad enough already and yet every summer keeps reminding me how much worse it can be.

It isn't that much of a problem, its just that toooooons of laptops ship with inadequate cooling because the manufacturers don't care.