Using laser mouse when you can use pic related

>using laser mouse when you can use pic related

>not having a superior mechanical mouse

>not using an optical mouse
retards

But that shit is low DPI and relies on mouse acceleration to be useful.

> Missing the feeling cleaning the three rollers when you were a kid

>not using your computer with your keyboard only
plebs

I love how people like to forget how shitty old hardware really was. I'm not missing ball mice, I'm not missing CRTs, I'm not missing HDDs, I'm not missing any of that shit. It was horrible, especially fucking ball mice. When I got my first optical mouse I had fucking tears in my eyes, it was that amazing.

>Mechanical gaming keyboard
>Mechanical gaming mouse

Sup Forumsuys lets make this a thing.

Literally fondling a ball

These are pretty good for about a year, i've owned several. After a year, they chew batteries and become inaccurate. If you want a trackball, try kensington, not logitech.

>implying OP's isn't an optical mouse

>implying anyone uses laser mice any more
It's all back to LEDs, lasers were too dangerous and expensive.

Show me one, even the honeywell mice were optical internally.

Moving from a ball mouse to an optical was like moving from an HDD to an SSD.

Stop using the "old thing better than new thing" meme.

It's the most prevalent form of shitposting on this board outside of the Sup Forums invasion.

Been a while since Iv used on of those,what were the balls made of anyway?,you can seriously peg someone with one.

I kekd

Was just about to post this you glorious nigger

CRTs are good if you don't need to move your monitor around.

hipster faggot

I stole so many of these balls from my school's mice

>Use on wood
>Ball slides
>No mouse

Git gud

Git WMO 1.1a

My pc has no password because nobody can use this thing.

My Nigger

No thumbcontrol with kensington's. Sadly my microsoft broke :'(

>Not using overclocked DDR2 RAM with lower latency

> not using an XY grid with linear encoders and a CNC DRO

It's like you enjoy data loss.

Does anyone else remember unscrewing these things and letting the ball fall into their hands, then re-screwing them over and over?

Yes. It was more fun than playing Minesweeper.

bottom ball bad
top ball good

If you have a trackball you can still enjoy the feeling of rolling that ball around your palm. Although modern top balls tend to be less heavy and larger in diameter than the traditional bottom ball.

>tfw you were that kid that always stole the balls after an IT class

no you didn't. You just heard the stories and pretend it yours to feel cool

I didn't really mind ball mice too much, except after a while the ball would start losing its traction and stop working well even when the rollers were perfectly clean. Most were finicky assholes that required mousepads to work well too which annoying.

Ballers unite! High-DPI optical alongside the precision and control of a large ball is awesome. None of that pick-up-the-mouse shit either. I use pic related.

Pic related is what I use. Its not great though. Mostly it lacks scrolling abilities, I use a 3rd party driver to assign one of the aux mouse buttons to scroll wheel click which is great for most things but it tends to not work with many fullscreen games. works fine in windowed mode but its just janky in that way

still I wouldn't trade it in for a standard mouse ever. I wouldn't mind a better trackball though, it would have to be a pointer finger trackball with a thumb button left click. (right handed)

any recommendations?

Milled brass with a very thick synthetic rubber coating for nice ones
Solid synthetic rubber for cheap ones

I had a cheap one at home, and use to bounce it around the house for fun, in middle school I took the teachers one and went to bounce it and it shattered a floor tile.
Guess they bought nice mice.

>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm not missing the high-pitched whine from CRTs.

was mostly a problem with TV's
most PC monitors didn't have that problem

pfft, you want a real mouse?

So The Puckā„¢ had a predecessor. Who knew.

Is this any good senpai?

>Who knew.
Obviously you wouldn't.
Anyone in the industry for any length of time would have. I did.

So my EC1 Evo is starting to crap out after 2 years. My mouse would jump all over the place or freeze while moving. I originally replaced my MX518 with this mouse. Anyone have a recommendation for new mouse?

>using a mouse at all