How to fix overheating GPU?

How to fix overheating GPU?

I cleared all the dust out of my PC and blew on my GPU fan (didn't see any dust in it though)

I also installed MSI afterburner and turned the fan speed up to max.

When gaming it eventually ends up going over 100 degrees C, then my PC shuts down.

Pic related, have a EVGA GTX 570

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Arctic-Silver-AS5-3-5G-Thermal-Paste/dp/B000OGX5AM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fermi was a mistake.

Try undervolting and downclocking?

I could do that but it's not exactly a powerhouse GPU as is. I'm considering buying a new one

>fix overheating
>Fermi
Yeah, there is no way. I went from a 560 Ti to a 780 and my temps dropped dramatically while getting higher performance.

You can't fix Fermi, you can merely move away from it to whatever you can afford from nVidia or AMD.

Overheating is a feature on fermi cards

I've had this GPU for over 4.5 years and this is the first time I've had any issues with it

What series of Nvidia can I afford for less than $300?

undervolt it, underclock it

Open it up and see if you can remove the heatsink. Clean the shit off and put a bead of thermal paste on it. Reassemble.

If not buy a RX480

dude for real? get the gtx 970 or wait another week or 2 for for the rx 480. either one of them is under $300

Fuck Nvidia. At that price point the AMD RX 480 offers the best performance.

Though you might get lucky and find a used GTX 980TI for $300.

Do this.

re apply thermal paste to it? might help.

i had a 560 ti classified and that thing would hit 89c, i also had it for almost 5 years also.

Go buy one right now then retard. You can't compare a card that hasn't came out yet to one that is 6 years old. No one was even talking about buying a gtx 570 you thick cunt.

Hope the 480s all meltdown just to shit up the amd dickriders. The fucking things are probably going to be made from old mad catz controllers.

Calm down, he's replying to someone who literally asked what to buy under $300. Would an AMD shill even mention the 980ti?

>being a dense CUNT
They'll be out with legit benches on Wednesday and will shit all over 970s. This much we know. I think our m8 can wait three days. I mean, he's been putting up with Fermi for 4.5 years.

>thinking amd isn't a shit company
>thinking they won't fuck up their one chance to get out of the ghetto

They're either going to be cheap fire hazards or amd won't learn anything and still not support it with drivers.

does re-applying thermal paste void warranty?

Stale memes. I honestly don't think GPU cooling is a big deal anymore. Even the 1080 FE stuff was blown out of proportion. They're right in line with every other reference card and I'm sure AMD's will be the same as past reference boards or better seeing as how Polaris is most certainly not a Hawaii 28nm HOUSEFIRE. I mean, bruh, it's a 150W card. If they can't cool that then they are fucking failures.

>driver support meme
Come on man.

What crawled up your ass and died? He asked which GPU to buy with a budget of $300.

>implying it isn't a meme based in reality.
kek

they're skimping on manufacturing costs somewhere user. Hope you got insurance

>Worrying about the warranty on a 5-year old card
Your warranty is likely already gone.

>nvidia doesn't gimp their cards

Nvidiots fix is to buy yet another nvidia card

This. My Asus GTX460 was doing 65c at constant load.
Arctic Silver 5 is a good choice.
amazon.com/Arctic-Silver-AS5-3-5G-Thermal-Paste/dp/B000OGX5AM

You know I was nice at first but just kys you meme spouting faggot. This board is for discussing technology.

Seriously, just replace the thermal paste. It's not even very hard to do and will probably fix the issue.

so much salt

>480
Nobody cares about low end cards though

You have an MSI board? Friend had one and it would shut off due to "overheating". However it wasn't getting that hot, used speccy/speedfan to see that the sensor said it was 800 C, obviously that is not true and the board shut off. BIOS update fixed this. We did this in 2012 and the board was from 2010.

How are the 970s with their different versions (SC, SSC, FTW) as far as temperature/stability? Have you guys had any trouble with them overheating like OP? How much cooler are they compared to their AMD equivalents?

Thinking about getting a SC 970 to pair with my old i7 920 cpu. Hell, I might even go with a 950 or 960 if I see a good sale within the next month or so. I want something that won't burn my house down, especially with a cramped mATX case and an i7 that already bakes hot pockets at stock speed if I don't have a big fan blowing into the case from the side window. I have terrible airflow and little space, so I probably wouldn't be able to handle an AMD card.

don't buy nvidia next time

low end cards that can be overclocked to perform as well as your low end 1070 for a fraction of the cost

underclock
replace thermal paste

Same card, idles at 45, peaks at 70 and gets quite loud.

can't suggest much except give everything a good clean and invest in decent thermal grease

but they will need high end cooling

well maybe you should start telling us about your buttplug collection.

clock it down
water cooler
dont buy those oven vent cards

Unscrew the whole GPU cover plate and clear dust then.

Change the thermal paste, you dimwit.

reapply thermal paste with arctic mx5

You need to fully disassemble the cooling, clean the heat-sink, and re-thermal paste the GPU.