Does anyone else think that there should be some sort of license to purchase/own a computer?

Does anyone else think that there should be some sort of license to purchase/own a computer?

I have a friend who doesn't know what version of Windows his on, eventhough there's Windows 7 logo everytime he boot his computer.

Bump for civil conversations.

Yes. I also think everything in society should be divided by people's IQ, EI, and accomplishments.

Not really

See misusing a computer worst case scenario you destroy your computer. You cant seriously harm yourself or anyone else. Unlike things you need a license for, a gun, a car. a chainsaw.

>See misusing a computer worst case scenario you destroy your computer.

That's my point. By implementing this, don't you think that there will be lesser tech iliterates?

>statists

No the people will still be illiterate they just wont have a computer ti be illiterate on.

And your get an era of fear of hackers and judicial persecutions for anyone who can use a pc for anything not sanctioned by the law.

We where all tech monkeys at some point

If it existed, you probably wouldn't qualify for one, faggot.

>anarchists

You don't need a license to own gun or a chainsaw in the United States. For that matter, you don't need a license to own a car either, though it is required if you want to drive on public roads.

>identity stolen and accounts emptied
>not worst casr

THERE'S ESK, CATARL, AND PIG-UP...

OOH, I'LL BUY MYSELF A TAB!

>anarchists
>statists

>not being minarchists

Wait. You need a license to own a chainsaw?

This. I like how those things happen to them and they try to find someone to put their blame on.

Statists

Depends on what state you are. In Texas you need to have a license to buy a chainsaw, but you don't need a license to own a gun, In California you need a license for a gun.

Normies don't really care that much about their identity or accounts, They just wine and complain until a bank covers their deficit and have nothing to hide from the police so...

To get it you just need to watch an instructional video or something and you get it, but a shop wont sell you without it.

>To get it you just need to watch an instructional video or something and you get it, but a shop wont sell you without it.

Kek, just that? I seriously thought it'll be more complex and shit.

>In Texas you need to have a license to buy a chainsaw

But computers are marketed for tech illiterate people.
The market is exactly against what you are saying here.

BAHAHAH

Man, on today's Sup Forums it's impossible to tell anymore if people are plain stupid or trolling.

When I was a kid I once stole my mom's credit card and bought shit for an online game, like 10 years ago or so, the bill was 280€ and she got a refund from the bank because she just bitched that she did not use the card for that and only used it a few times on the computer at work.

"Sorry user, you didn't qualify for your computer license because you couldn't use these esoteric features of this non-free document editor."

In the 1980s, computers used to come with instruction manuals and reference manuals for BASIC.

Now they throw in a warranty leaflet and expect you to do your own thing.
Prebuilts really need a user guide that isn't a 2 page leaflet explaining how to install the bundled antivirus.

Prebuilds have the antivirus installed by default.