Why are the two best 15" laptop alternatives on the market complete and utter shit?

Why are the two best 15" laptop alternatives on the market complete and utter shit?

Because what matters is that it's a lightweight device, capable of smaller tasks, that has good battery life.

No adult cares if their computer can play GAAAAAAAAYmes.

Such as?

>implying xps 15 is shit

But then why is the Mac priced at 2800€ if it's a lightweight device and why does the xps have shit battery life, f4m?

I got the good ol' 13 version, had to switch out the SSD because linux doesn't support NVME.

>no NVMe support
>linux
kek

GRUB doesn't like it pal, neither does LILO or SystemD Boot.

Such cutting edge technology. It's a wonder why linux hasn't been my main in years kek

Better than allowing myself to be spied on for free. Also NVMe has no reason to exist, even knowing it claims that it does.

If being spied on is your concern, then you should spend 10 grand on an encrypted flip phone. Nothing you do will stop you from being spied on if that's what the government wants. The best you can do is try to make it more trouble than it's worth

>laptop alternatives
Alternatives to themselves?

Because "muh thin".

Just get used to all tech getting thinner and thinner and crappier and crappier.

Not exactly true. Look how much power they put in the Razer Blade. I'm not saying it's the best laptop ever, but it has an impressive amount of horsepower in such a small form factor.

>NVMe has no reason to exist

AHCI has become a bottleneck for SSD's.

doesnt post le best 15

gee sure glad they stuck a VGA on there

And how many seconds until it overheats and starts throttling down?

Any thin laptop is shittier than in could be if they just made it a little thicker, this is fact.

In my experience, It takes a while for it to throttle in games, but it takes significantly longer (if ever) if it isn't using the GPU

Their biggest drawback is that they are using last gen GPUs still. The cooling system they have is more than adequate for the CPU

some business still use vga cable for their projectors. Based on your comment it's implied that you don't know shit and only complain about small-minded superficial details, rather than looking at the bigger picture.

This and, regardless, it has a very healthy selection of input and output options

This.

I'm sad my T460p doesn't have VGA.
Have to carry a mDP to VGA adapter now.

People want laptops, not desktop replacements you cuck.

Why bring up the price? Are you poor or something?

Also, how is 17 hours bad?

17 hours is best case scenario. You are more likely to get 13 ish out of it. My Spectre is supposedly capable of 11-12 and I realistically get 8-9 from it

I have never encountered a bag that couldn't fit the thickest of laptops.

That is not even the point. Size and weight factor into mobility and that's what people want out of something they might have to carry all over hell and back. Anything too big and heavy can become taxing after a full day of walking around a campus or going to and from meetings

I have the x3 plus v5 and I fucking love it. Three usb 3.0, one type c, mini display port, hdmi, an SD card slot, and ethernet in the back. It's definitely feature-full

13 Hours is still great. The best laptops I've ever had got 4 hours.

It is still great, yes, I'm just warning you about the reality of the number they throw at you

>Size and weight factor into mobility

Width, height and weight matter.

Thickness does not.

What special kind of fucking retard are you? you carry a 50" thick laptop and tell me it doesn't factor into mobility, you delusional cunt

because those are not the best
if you're going up to 15 inches it should be a fairly powerful laptop anyway

All dimensions and weight factor into how mobile a laptop is. As does the material and construction

Which version of the 13"? I have the newest one(1080p version) and I'm running linux.

What laptop is 50" thick?

If you didn't have asperger's you would realize I'm talking about 50% thicker or so, maybe twice as thick at most.

Yes, I'm still in uni and have a budget, does that trouble you?
Also
>17 hours
>4k screen
Stop talking out of your ass.

Again how is that shit?

>thinking battery life is as it's advertised

get got

D I G I T S
I
G
I
T
S

feels good man

check'd

I got a ThinkPad P50 about a week ago, and I've been surprised by its quality. Real powerful, but runs pretty cool and I still get about 9 hours battery life. Screen is also good. It is pretty fat and heavy, though.

Would anybody with an ounce of self-respect haul a gaming laptop into a business meeting?

I can get business laptops like Thinkpads and Latitudes carrying VGA - their job is it to be boring, reliable, and compatible with everything - but it makes zero sense on gaming laptops and high-end consumer laptops. That laptop in particular looks to already have HDMI and a mini-displayport, so if they really want to include an older monitor connector DVI would make a ton more sense. Lots of folks (gamers and consumers alike) have perfectly capable, fairly modern DVI monitors kicking around.

Laptops come surprisingly close to (and sometimes exceed) advertised battery life if you avoid extremely heavy browsers like Chrome as well as Chromium-wrapped/Electron/etc "web apps". These are probably the #1 degrader of battery life outside of intense shit like games and video editors. Another thing that is hard on the battery is VP9 - playing lots of webms and VP9-utilizing video chat like Google Hangouts will destroy your battery because no laptops have hardware-accelerated VP9 decoding yet.

After switching to lighter browsers (Safari, Edge), replacing web-wrapper apps (Slack, Atom, etc) with purely native alternatives, and avoiding VP9 web content, hours of battery life were reclaimed. The software you run makes more of a difference than most people know.

I installed it on my 950 Pro with no issues.

dont use some old fucking kernel than retard
>The Linux NVMe driver is natively included in the kernel since version 3.3.
no one forces you to use any specific bootloader, even if you want grub just use grub-git
itjustwerks

>55255555
>55255555
>55255555
>55255555
Jesus Christ fampai

All hail the holy quints. Thine word is law.