YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP

HOLY SHIT Sup Forums!

First Britcucks leave EU and now THIS!

Wincucks and OSfags on suicide watch! HAHAHA!

Other urls found in this thread:

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That can't be right

This doesn't seem correct?
Unless they include Android in 'GNU/Linux' and iOS in 'OSX'.

That's obviously what they're doing.

It doesn't say desktop anywhere.

there is no GNU in Android though...

That must be the reason why. Android reports itself as Linux.

[citation needed]

Well it's either completely wrong or it's including Android under Linux and iOS under OS X. Either way it's shit.

In terms of desktops, Linux wouldn't break 1% without Android.

sauce

Maybe it's not including the mentally deficient.

They just called it GNU/Linux so Stallman wouldn't bitch at them.

Fuck
Aim running Linux and it a facebook machine. Wtf maybe i like dicks

>Linux wouldn't break 1%
It's about 2%.

Any decent enterprise server runs Linux. If you're a Windows admin just suck off a shotgun because you'll be NEET in 10 years.

Adroid is not GNU.

There is no GNU software in Android.

Nah. It's only 2% on Steam and places that are extremely favorable to neckbeards.

Linux is 0.84% on Steam.

Steam is the exact opposite. It has a way higher share of Windows 10 and Linux is below 1%. Overall Linux market share on the desktop is about 2%.
Conclusion: Gamers are retards.

Linux is still overrepresented on Steam.

>maybe i like dicks
I suggest you put them down and focus on typing and learning some proper English.

Stop shitposting.

Prove Linux is roughly 2%.

All we know so far is that Steam reports that 0.84% of their users are Linux users. We also know that Steam is primarily used by fat neckbearded manchildren and that also happens to be the primary demographic for Linux. It seems likely that Linux desktop usage is lower when expanding away from the primary demographic and into the general population.

YEAR OF THE LINUX
fixed
it doesn't say desktop anywhere, it says GLOBAL OPERATING SYSTEM

No user, the primary demographic of Steam are gamers. Guess what OS has the most games.
Also here are some desktop marketshare numbers netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx
They usually range from 1.5-2%.
Now please follow my advice from the last post.

>Year of the Linux desktop.
Of course, only neet cucks uses desktops thats the reason

>those multiple people who suddenly decided to use Windows 3.1 to access the internet in 2016

I am impressed if there wasn't any emulation involved.

They're including ChromeOS
Which, believe it or not, is GNU/Linux, and can be used like any other distro with a bit of effort

It's a hell of a jump.

Thanks google

I think you'd be pretty safe in putting GNU/Linux and Linux in the same category.

even Stallman knows that Android includes no GNU. How is that safe, it's simply just wrong, Android only has Linux and Google's OS Android. GNU on the desktop, Android on the mobile, only thing in common is they use the same kernel

>not spoofing your user agent as win 3.1

It's GNU slash Linux. That could mean GNU+Linux, GNU without Linux or Linux without GNU. That's not what the term means, but for the sake of a chart it makes sense.

>First Britcucks leave EU and now THIS!

As a long-time Linux user, UK leaving EU is bad. Fucking Sup Forumsacks ruin everything.

Wincucks BTFO

I dont see a point in even mentioning the kernel, I do mention the kernel when referring to it but im not gonna refer to Windows as Windows/NT or Mac OS as MacOS/Darwin, that would be silly. So I just refer to it as GNU, also nobody refers to Android as Android/Linux. So it is GNU.

I'm a fucking freetards, dropped windows a long time ago and wants linux desktop year to happen.
Can't believe that shit. It is too beautiful to be true.
Steam survey only says 1% market share.

steam survey is not accurate. it does not survey every single user, and i think it uses a random selection method too, so don't rely on its results.

This guy is right Linux will eventually be the standard OS, Microsoft has been fighting for years to slow the spread of Linux and spending a fortune to compete, but it is a loosing battle. A closed source system that gets replace every ten years is only as good as few lead developers and the amount of money they can invest, this can not compete with opensource were the system and people using it constantly improves it to were it is already the most advanced, using the same model as the scientific method. While Microsoft and Apple are using a method similar to Vatican and other organised religions and are doomed to loose more and more users as they fall behind.

Yeah I know. I never had this survey. But I think it's a minimum accurate at more or less 5%