Literally why?

Literally why?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20121103194213/http://linuxforniggers.us/download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because.

Why you posted such a low quality image?

autism

>only ubuntu

Because if they made a minimal install and you got to choose whatever desktop you wanted to build on it, fucktards would take over, because installing it's too hard, and instead of lubuntu and kubuntu, you'd have buntjaro and buntergos

Freedom

Freedom

Ubuntu is a Debian fork

Because Debian just wekrz

I think most of them are meme distros no one actually uses but are "officially maintained"

Everything about Linux is backwards

>OP image that small

Haha mice neem my man. How did you like microsoft banglblows 2016 edition?

There's a muslim edition of Ubuntu? I need to try this immediately

But I use Linux.

Actually the / (forward slash) is used by Linux while \ (backward slash) is used by Windows

>christian edition

DEBIAN
EBIAN
BIAN
IAN
AN
N

Ubuntu Christian edition
Ubuntu satanic edition
Ubuntu Arabian
What's next? Ubuntu nigger?

There is only one Linux and Ian is his prophet.

and yet no reason to use anything other than arch or gentoo

Special snowflakes thinking they'll get it right when what they do is literally change a few of the preloaded packages, AS IF IT WAS SO HARD TO CHANGE YOUR GODDAMN PACKAGES.

If all those autismos focused their efforts on making one distribution of GNU/Linux usable, it would be fantastic.

>a tree of all the various kinds of automobiles over the years
Literally why?

>choice confuses the microsoft shill

Different needs, and different standards, organised by different people operating within different constraints.

That's why you install the packages you need. Running a distribution is a very serious business. You don't pull one out of your ass just because you feel like the original one could use some tweaks.

Literally because of freedom.

>The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose (freedom 0).
>The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
>The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2).
>The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

Why not?

Did you even read the response?

Even the bare minimum must remain safe, efficient, versatile, and stable, as things progress. The definition of an acceptable bare minimum even varies.

These factors aren't all unilaterally agreed upon so we have forks.

Trust is also a factor. You must bear in mind that those responsible for this are all subject to both the errors and virtues associated with human nature. Pride perhaps being the most obvious on this board.

The only way to avoid this is to have a fairly intractable AI manage all of this. But we want freedom.

The compromises you see as technological are actually the results of SOCIAL compromises.

>satanic Edition
Do want.

Shut up. We do not need a hundred fucking Linux distributions. You enabling this kind of bullshit is the problem with GNU/Linux. It will remain poorly supported by manufacturers and software companies as long as it remains so fractally complicated.

>can emulate every ubuntu flavor with regular ubuntu and ppas

what's the point? every flavor you see is a simple reconfiguration

You're hilarious.

You haven't shared a substantial argument (if at all), certainly not one with any relevance to my writings, and had no idea about my personal values, actions, or needs with which to base one on. For the majority of the time I spoke hypothetically. Stop projecting.

I am interested in a single distro. Its core values serve as justification for others to be created and maintained, but also to become defunct.

I also never said what anyone needs. All I did was acknowledge that other people form standards on different criteria with differing competence involved in the decision-making process.

Posts made semi-anonymously on a Malaysian prison scratching board have nothing to do with support.

Who is enabling? I stated that these decisions are subject to and implied that they are possibly the result of human error. Nothing stated explicitly supports the notion that I would in practice encourage any divergence. Actively, or otherwise.

Be careful man. My computer blew up when I tried it.

Diversity - just like in real life - is a good thing.

>Ubuntu nigger
That's just simply Ubuntu. Literally.

>only through 2012

Linux For Niggers was already a thing

>literally throw shit at a wall until something sticks: the OS family

when there's no monetary incentive to make devs target the average computer user, devs target themselves and try to satisfy their own autistic needs instead.

"humanity towards others"

Was*

>christian edition
>muslim edition
>satanic edition

>in real life
Nope

Diversity is inevitable. The question should be how to value the degree of present or possible diversity.

>diversity
>value
Pick one.

>Literacy
>That post
Pick one.

>tfw sudo systemctl poweroff

;_;7

Autism Speaks

Let me tell you how Linux users think:

Basically everything has to be them. They have to FEEL like it's 100% theres. That no one else has control over it. Linux users are the biggest control freaks possible. They all think that if they don't know what is going on in it, they don't want it cause it's "bot net" and someone else is doing it. Put it like this, linux users want to play god. They want to create and be there, but in reality, they are basement dwellers trying to be different, trying to act cool when in reality no one fucking cares.

There's nothing ever fuckin good on linux machines
"GUYS I BUILT A LINUX MACHINE!"
"cool steve"
"IM GONNA MAKE A SERVER! AND HOST FILES AND STUFF!"
"why not use windows?"
"OMG IT'S PROPRITARY! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! I CAN'T GET INTO THE CODING! I DON'T WANT IT!"
If you're a REAL coder, a REAL hacker, that shit is nothing but a game to you. It's nothing more than you finding out how it works, you can LITERALLY do the same shit on windows you can on linux. Sure, it's simple, it's great for android, handheld devices, game systems and smaller laptops like Thinkpads, chrome books and netbooks, but ask yourself this,"Is it worth it? Is it worth going thru all the trouble to just have something that works vs having to code everything?"

Sure, I agree, Ubuntu, Mint and like 3 others are tight to use but aside from that, there's no real functionality to a common user. All those branches there are nothing more than whiny bitches who couldn't make something work and wanted contol.

Your points are demonstrably false and technically no hobby is essential to human survival.

That's what I've watched on Sup Forums

Enjoy your SJW OS loser

Who the fuck?

How about not using Windows because it's a bloated piece of shit that you have to pay out the ass for?

You can install Ubuntu or Manjaro faster than Windows.

>not uninstalling anything you don't need
>Installing those 2 linux's with their bloatware as well

Dude, both of those are the "Windows" of linux and you know it. They may not take as long but they still have the same concept. You can get "Windows vanilla" where it's the base but people these days are too simple to do that. Do you know how many people I've suggested switching to linux cause they are simple people? too many and none do it cause they hear "linux" and think it's too complicated, even tho you and I know how damn easy it is to run.

why do you think no devs really make a lot of software for it? Tho it is getting more it's never going to be"the year of the desktop"
LOL

first post best post

someone should make a fork out of ultimate edition and call ultima ultimate edition, then again a fork of it and call it ultima ultimate edition excelsior and so on....

so this guy like kill himself or what? all the detail were fuzzy as fuck. this seemed like some Orwellian shit...

I want Thony Starks OS :(
Can we make this?

>They all think that if they don't know what is going on in it

The problem is with people who changed to Linux as a desktop OS it is usually because they do know what's going on with it. They don't think Windows is botnet because they don't know what's going on. They think it's botnet because the botnet is literally spelled out in the EULA.

It's not a secret anymore. It's not something that the company sneaks in there and doesn't tell you about. Since the success of GMail and Facebook companies have realized that they don't have to hide it anymore or be low key. It's not a matter of sneaking a few kB in with network traffic to get a general idea what your software is running on anymore. They're sending continuous streams of data containing your keystrokes, running processes, screen captures, and info about your stored files. That used to be called a trojan horse. Now it's called an operating system.

Your post doesn't even make sense. If certain Linux distributions are simpler, more customizable, smaller, and faster than Windows for the grand cost of nothing, how is Windows better?

>If certain Linux distributions are simpler, more customizable, smaller, and faster than
Such a thing does not exist.

web.archive.org/web/20121103194213/http://linuxforniggers.us/download

Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro, etc.

He was an "AM I BEING DETAINED?"fag, got hammered, police arrested him for acting an ass and roughed him up (arguably deservedly) and then killed himself after he got out when people LOLd about him screaming about bolis brudalidy :DDD.

At least that was my understanding of it.

then by your def no one should be on a computer, but you forget that even if this is happening, they aren't going to target some random dumbass on Sup Forums unless he's targetting the pentegon or the president, some shit, unless he's drug trafficking or cheese pizza to tor, you get the point, YOU'RE NOT IMPORTANT HOMIE
Don't worry.

Think of it like this:
why do you think white blonde girls with starbucks xDDD OMG BECKY! go and get an iPhone and a mac with daddies credit card?
It's fucking handfed to them! They open it and it's there.
Most linux shit you have to install it. If Linux was introduced first, then by all means, I would get it. But it wasn't. Linux has always been seen as "complicated" and people in the world see this word, even if we know it's literally not, they will think this. My dad thought torrenting was complicated, I taught him how, and showed him easy it was, now he fuckin does it. With a simple phrase of "you pay your taxes, you see these movies, people will see them 6 times over, you downloading it once isn't hurting them that much. I mean most famous movies will quaddropple their profit. you're fine"

He understood, I understand, and so on.

LOL

So to you, Windows is better because people are scared of change?

>then by your def
>should

There was no definition in that post or a suggestion of what behavior is correct. If you don't mind Prajeet knowing everything that happens on your computer go run a keylogger as your OS. If you're not there are alternatives.

I was told Chromium OS was a Gentoo fork

I'm not saying linux isn't useful but essentially to the common man yes, they aren't going to use what they don't understand and don't want to understand

I like being able to run games on my computer, that's my main reason, that and FL studio

it is. It literally is, ctrl alt T will open terminal, try and typing in a gentoo based command, and I bet it will work.

>I like being able to run games on my computer, that's my main reason, that and FL studio

May Windows always work the best for that. The less people in my distros irc who installed outdated steam packages from fourth party repos and then asking why it crashes without any output useful for debugging, the better in my opinion.

He claimed to have been raped. Who really knows, though? He could've been making shit up for attention.

I like windows 10. No complains.

The biggest problem with linux all together is that it's done "for free" as in"I'll get to it when I get to it" unless you have devotees on it doing it all the time. You will never see a good linux that will have them all the time like windows. It's sad but its the way it works. Again, they aren't being paid, why care?

I have nothing to hide. Linux is confusing as shit and your average joe doesn't give a fuck about Linux scum.

Rape or "rape"? I guess we'll never know the truth.

If your main reason for owning a computer is playing games, why are you on this board?

Except that Canonical and RedHat employees are being paid, so this isn't the case. Regardless, if it were true that developers didn't care, GNU/Linux would not exist in the first place.

I like to see other things too, this board is not only meant for computers and software, it is called "technology" in the first place, and I do appreciate the idea of linux, even if it will never really be used by locals kinda idea

of course and even if that is true, then the statement reflexs on the concept that the linux users do not care about games in a general sense.

>Keylogger is off
I don't know user, that looks like you're hiding something...

Give me your facebook id

I just imagine most linux users to be virgin NEETS.

he doesn't want us to know those naughty school girl chats he has with his cousin

>tfw you realize this is not bait

Why would anyone not want to share this stuff with us? Don't be greedy. Don't be an incest scrooge.

I just image most windows users are either Sup Forumsirgins or computer illiterate. Which is actually true, considering the people who use it are not much of a computer savvy.

>The biggest problem with linux all together is that it's done "for free" as in"I'll get to it when I get to it"

The funny part is the post you replied to mentions steam which is paid software. Meanwhile I've reported 3 bugs this year involving free as in beer and freedom software and one was fixed the same day and the other two within a week.

If linux can get it's shit together and create an operating system that doesn't require a PHD in computer science to use then more people would get on the linux train. As of now I like windows no complaints.

Does it ever occur to you libtards that some of us require Adobe software to enjoy our pastime and/or earn a living?

I'd like to see other things too, but Sup Forums is literally only 3 things.

- AMD vs NVIDIA shit flinging
- Wandoos vs Loonups shit flinging
- Hey guys, look, another coding thread

Sup Forums is oversaturated with low-tier CS majors.

Doesn't negate the fact that people who use windows are not very computer illiterate. Most of them don't belong to Sup Forums anyways.

Sup Forums people are usually not as retard as you think, they probably won't let OS to get in their way. But first you have to know what Vt-d passthrough means

RIGHT?!

some will some wont, but it's not as common is all

again, Linux, like ubuntu and mint, are not complicated, it's not even hard to install shit, it's just different. People are afriad of different.

My mom is that way, she would rather flip channels than get on Roku. I think she's slowly coming over to the Roku/hulu/netflix side but it's taking time

you forgot
>"STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!"
>"NO! I WANT THAT AND I LIKE IT!"
>"YOU'RE BIG FAT MEANIE FACE!"

If anything the Linux evangelists and the command line is too hard for average users crowd is going to be what kills Linux. Look at Ubuntu. They're all about it just werks and no learning curve and what happened? They implemented Amazon botnet.

Don't forget
>Here is the new discovery that proves we are being cucked by botnets!!!!!
>Maki
>Is a meme?
>Mechanical keyboards and headset-free zone headphone jerk-off circles
>Chinkshit
>Crossdressing makes you code better

>Amazon botnet
That's just one thing that went wrong one time with one specific GNU/Linux development organization. It's been resolved now, the enhancements to make GNU/Linux more accessible are still out there. Don't be such a shithead.

If there's anything that makes Linux suck, it's its lack of popularity. Nobody bothers coding drivers and applications for GNU/Linux because nobody uses them even though nowadays branching is almost all taken care of by your development environment. It's not worth the cost for businesses. So, nobody wants to make a complete switch to Linux unless they only use their computer as a Facebook machine. Fuck, if Adobe software was officially released for Linux, I'd probably never use Windows again myself. But alas.

And when it comes to drivers, everything has to be complicated. I mean Linux distros aren't even bundled with their kernel headers and commonly used compilers for kernel modules. What the fuck is up with that? Why package Linux with gygabites of desktop shit and not the most basic tools to install drivers?

Why is changing barely any of an OS considered an entirely new version?