Opinions? Werks better on my machine but it's still quite unstable

Opinions? Werks better on my machine but it's still quite unstable...

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis/Release_Criteria
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9724409
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

never used it or cared to either

i only browse 4john

Firefox is pretty much dead at this point. Chrome had multiprocessing for a very long time, and I switched to it like in 2011, because Firefox became slow as fuck.

Shit browser for poorcucks that can't afford more than 2GB of RAM.

Been using it since Dev edition got it and I remember I spent like 5 minutes scrolling up and down because of that smoothness

>"Biggest change ever made to Firefox"
>nope

>tfw poorfag with 2GB of RAM
And still Chromium-based works much better...

last time I tried itwas nice. really nice, especially the smooth scroll. altough the autoscroll (hold click 3) was les smoother than stable version.

Indeed scrolling is really smooth but autoscroll goes to shit sometimes... Overall a better experience I'd say, but still has ways to go.

>performance regression up to 1800% with adblock/ublock enabled
literally a meme

Shit, like everything Mozilla touches turns to. Only the cuckiest of cucks would still be using Firefox over Chromium in current year.

Yeah if you have 9001 tabs open, which most don't afaik

ok 200% if it's 20 tabs :)
much better now right?

Ok user but what about the datamining?

But Chromium has none of the things that make Chrome a better browser.

And Chromium is sponsored by non free cancer (Google)

Chromium is literally a botnet

>Bug 1144120 - Fix performance regressions where e10s performs worse than non- e10s

>Reported: 2015-03-17 07:21 PDT by Avi Halachmi (:avih)

Importance: -- normal with 8 votes (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assigned To: Nobody; OK to take it and work on it

based lazyfox

Chromium is a fully open source project. Audit the code yourself if you're worried about MUH BOTNET memes.

>none of the things that make Chrome a better browser
Like?

>sponsored by
Literally who fucking cares.

(You)

The article said it's a problem after opening about 100 tabs IRRC, but still valid point

>Werks better
>still quite unstable.

So which is it?

Faster then, but unstable

What kind of retarded name is that?

wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis/Release_Criteria

look at all those -XX% slowdowns in almost every area not only session restore

>Scripts
Slow Scripts bug 1260769
e10s is good enough. Barbara and jimm are OK with this 35% regression in e10s.
lol just lol

I'm not worried, I have Chromium installed too, it was just a question

uuuh, why

A closed source module was accidentally added to Chromium's code last year. It was noticed immediately, a shitstorm had brewed within hours and it was quickly removed. Be sure that there are fat autists out there watching it like a hawk for anything untoward, and you'll hear about it immediately if it happens.

fuck barbara and jimm

Fine anons you win, I still find it works faster with it enabled

anyone on beta channel using it? I tried last year and it was really shit experience tbqh fami

try opening more than 5 tabs

I am actually, had to force enable it because muh addons

nice edgy theme

Already have and still way faster than stable. Then again, 2GB ram, and I rarely go over 10 tabs on one session.

Why no Waterfox love itt?

how to be a firecuck 2.0

browser.tabs.remote.autostart true

extensions.e10sBlocksEnabling false

done. restart and enjoy your performance loss due to mozilla innovations :D

I know but dark theme is easier on my eyes...

because firefox is already 64 bit natively?
fuck off with your shit useless fork

bullshit. maybe your brightness is insane. it's easier for eyes to read black on white. I posted about this like a year ago

When will chrome/chromium fix the damn tab bar. I wanna get out of the firefox cucktshed but I need my tabs

anyway to work idm with this?

idm?

internet download manager xpi

If you say so... Brightness at minimum btw.

>the anti-firefox samefag in this topic
hope you are getting paid

>18 IPs
>samefag
sup summershit

>long story short: Tab Mix Plus slows down the browser a lot when opening more than 40 tabs, that is the reason why "Adblock Plus" turned out to be 1800% slower in my earlier comment. AdBlock Plus and uBlock Origin do speed up page loading but make browser less responsive when loading more than 40 tabs at once. uBlock Origin is also notably faster than AdBlock Plus in all tests even with much bigger number of subscriptions

so i enabled it and scrolling is god-tier on 144hz screen. like now I can read while quickly moving through a wall of next pretty fucking cool
gonna fap later to stress test it with lots of content and tabs

Welp, whad'ya know...

A big chunk of extensions I use are still broken in e10s, and the authors either don't care or tell me to fuck off regarding beta features when I point this out. e10s is a great idea, but the cancerous Mozilla community will be it's downfall due to the fact that despite existing for years, no one's been embracing it as a vital feature, and being hidden in Nightly and other bleeding-edge builds gets it handwaved away as experimental at best

I've tried it for a while. Didn't notice any difference. Caused issues with plugins. Disabled it now.

>Chromium is a fully open source project. Audit the code yourself if you're worried about MUH BOTNET memes
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9724409

>quite unstable
Normal Fuckerfocks is very unstable, especially whe playing HTML5 video.
Does that mean that Electrolysis crashes on its own afte 5 minutes or what?

Ouch...

It broke scrolling on my end.

make a new profile. broken on your end. scrolling is godlike with e10s

Scrolling was indeed blazing fast, but after a while it just stopped working on new tabs.

a '-' (minus) percentage is a performance gain dumb fuck.

See

Use QupZilla.
I made the switch a while back and it's perfectly fine. It has Adblock (some modified version), and Greasemonkey, so most scripts work fine with it.

slit your throat imbecile. hope your mother dies soon