Guys

guys,
i bought a 1000 watt evga supernova and i was running two r9 390s on it. within 2 weeks the power supply just died . i told evga what happened and now they are rma'ing it and i am getting a new one for free. but i am scared to try it again i feel like its just gonna break again. what should i do ? i feel like it broke because the outlet in my house is not giving enough power. but i cannot confirm .

Retard.

>AMD
your fault.

what is 1000 watts not enough ?
im not gonna high an electrician just so i can run 2 gpus.

The problem is you bought a shitty housefire causing power eating AMD card, not just 1 but 2 of them, and now you get to pay the price.

sell the 390s and get a 1080, single gpu is always the way to go

You don't own a multimeter to test the outlet?
There relatively cheap if you look around for one.

I bought a EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 G2 to run two 290x TRI-X as the 1KW Silverstone I had wasn't enough to keep them stable.

Crossfire and SLI work like 75% of the time now for 50%+ gains.

AMD has shitty drivers, but fair hardware/performance for the price.

Nvidia are literal cancerous jews. But has great hardware/performance, though relatively high prices and they tend to play dirtier than AMD. (Jewworks, closed source shenanigans, bribing developers ect.)

SLI/CF is garbage 100% of the time because of the microstutter.

Dunno man, I've not had microstutter since 4870 and 660 range. Not with 290x, 660, 5970 (2x gpu), or 970 GPU setse.

get a voltmeter, see whats coming out of the outlet
if its not 120v AC, dont use it

some older houses have 110v connections

>Cheap out and buy AMD
>End up having to pay more when you lose your power supply/potentially your whole system because AMD has no idea what the fuck PPW is

Its almost like you get what you pay for. Whoa.

is this a nvidia fanboy fest thread?

Yeah.

With a 1k the two 290x in 3d clocks would dim the fucking lights in my apartment until the box rebooted.

ffs

Those psu have a 10 year warrenty, I would not worry.

Sure.

>outlet in my house is not giving enough power

In that case, you would either trigger the breakers/fuse, or you'd have an electrical house fire on your hands.

Don't be fucking stupid.

I had a Titan Black, even a 2KW HP 80+titanium server PSU wasn't enough to power it.

In the end it just caught fire.

Always just get Intel.

Could just be luck. Do you use an actual surge protector and not just some power strip? If you don't use a surge protector, then you only have yourself to blame.

You're doing it wrong.

3770k and 2x7970s with 4x7200 hdds and an ssd on my Evga supernova 750 gold

Every modern house has a surge protector and every modern power supply has them too. Don't be retarded and fall for the jew's marketing.

>implying that's enough
>not wanting redundancy
I bet you don't backup/clone/image your data too.

>the outlet in my house is not giving enough power
That's retarded and almost impossible, your computer doesn't use enough power.

You probably just got a dud.

Honestly how is crossfire, and how are 2 7970s in current games?

You say that, but someone in the thread already mentioned a 2 KW power supply, which is more than almost any residential outlets can supply. So, I mean, you're right... I really just wanted to say the other guy is dumb.

It's obvious that everyone in this thread is a fanboy and has no idea the first thing about computers the reason your having so many problems op is because your using an Nvidia affiliated brand with amd branded cards simply a compatibility issues trust me I'm a computer technician by trade good luck op!

Get a 1070 and run a 250W system

>Max TDP: 275 W
>550 W under load from the GPUs alone

Yeah, I don't think they make PSUs that can handle that level of housefire. You need like a dual PSU setup or something crazy.