Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/61434/amd-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-analysis
youtube.com/watch?v=EIPggCgYK38
youtu.be/Iegpwo9SqSg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice turbo reactor for damn only $400.

>can't even hit 1400 MHz

>that sexy blower cooler
fuck me if only blower coolers weren't loud or hot.

It's going to be shit

what's your point ?

[$.50 has been deposited into your account]

>82c on stock

>purposely waiting to buy a cuck tier poorfag card

literally fuck off with this shit, the 1080 is the most powerful card literally ever made, and it would be a mistake not to buy it. Thanks to BASED Nvidia, you can get an unmatched power from a single card that outperforms any shit tier AMDrone cuck card, especially the fucking firehouse fury, and there's literally no excuse for not buying a superior Nvidia card. Also any jelly AMDrone cuck that tries to rebute this needs to fuck off, one: there's no argument for superiority, two: AYYMD opinion dis""Carded""... Also don't expect anything near as good from AMDrone, the 490x? more like the 490nothankyou

>inb4 muh powerdraw
>inb4 muh temps
>inb4 muh powerdraw

fuck off, there is nothing from with a 450 watt TPD, and 100C is a temp the card was tested to run at, so it literally doesn't fucking matter.

Man can't wait to get the 480 when it comes out, pretty excited honestly

You don't need a better card if you're just going to be gayman at 1200p.

Great job, you just cuntpasted this from another thread.

I hope the real benchmark do not disappoint. The 1400MHz rumor is very worrying as it mostly invalidates all other rumors so far.

with a $5 piece of aluminium cooler.

The card uses 112W, you can literally buy any aftermarket gpu cooler and it'll cool the card down to 60C.

>spending money on a cooler rather than getting a 1070 that comes with one

yeah or you can wait for custom designs...

>spending an extra $100 for a shitty reference cooler

I already have a Raijintek Morpheus I got for $40 that cools better than any 3rd party design that I'll be putting on mine.

leak sources have been saying its actually pretty damn quiet
78 under load with a ref cooler is decent

Evuolution of the 480 announcement and release from an AMDrones perspective:

>It's gonna be a cheaper and more efficient 970.
>a week passes
>Man with overclocking this thing is going to match a 980!
>another week passes
>DUDE THIS THING IS GOING TO NEARLY RIVAL A 1070!!!! AMD AMD AMD AMD!
>actual card is benched, it's shit

Legit, these AMDtards are so delusional.

epic convincing my friend! :)

>low TDP 390x = shit
>implying youre not samefagging

The fact that you think it's a samefag proves my point, you're delusional.

both comments had similar amounts of faggotry

both of your opinions are shit desu if you think 390x performance for $200 (>implying anyone on here actually believed wccftech)is bad

>two posts don't hype AMD thus they are similar amounts of faggotry

Praise pajeet

when is the ban lifted? midnight eastern, pacific or what?

I read that as toptierkek

so did I
at first I thought it was in reference to the price

Nice copypasta

Holy fuck all those buzzwords and local memes. This is great pasta.

>That copypasta

>buy 480
>know any GF would rather be with a 1080
>can't build up the courage to get GF because of this
>literally cockblocked yourself while being cucked by a video card.

How did you become retarded?
Were you born that way or it happened in some kind of an accident?

how long do you think before the non-reference cooled versions appear? I was planning to buy a budget card and this seems to be the freshest option.

going from a shit tier 1gb 750 to this thing

as a poor man i cannot afford a display bigger than 1080p so this is very good for me

where is that man that promised benchmarks on weekend?

he lied

yes

That modern video cards are fuckhuge overpriced, overheating, overpowered monstrosities that only serve to power shit non-games that are more like movies than actual videogames?

Thanks.

>tfw the situation with the 1070 isn't nearly as bad as with the 1080 and I can't make a fuckhuge profit like that with my 1070 if I wanted to

Daily reminder it oc's like dogshit, and it reaches 82-87 degrees with almost stock clockspeeds

videocardz.com/61434/amd-radeon-rx-480-3dmark-analysis

It's a good card for the money but nothing close to what Sup Forums hyped it to be

It's basically just a straight rebrand of Hawaii on a smaller die

Why don't you wait three more days and see the REAL benchmarks? Why all this memeshopped images?

Reminder that although the 480 looks to be a good budget card, the GPU market is moving up and people are buying more expensive cards now. The 970 is the most popular card on Steam, and the 1080 and 1070 sell out literally within minutes of going on sale because demand is so high, even if retailers jack up the prices. I can't find the source again, but I remember reading that Pascal is selling better than Maxwell at launch, maybe that was clickbait though.

AMD fucked up again by prioritizing the middle and low end while Nvidia remains dominant at the upper middle and above tiers. That reputation Nvidia built up at the high end trickles down and makes normies gravitate towards Nvidia at all tiers because they think Nvidia = better performance in all cases.

>Why don't you wait three more days and see the REAL benchmarks?

Because AMDrones keep spamming Sup Forums with their 'hurr hourly reminder' 'hurr 480 best card evurr' bullshit threads, just like this one and then get assblasted when they are presented with evidence the card is nothing special

Wasn't there (and still are) shitloads of threads about 1080/1070? I mean, why discriminate one and let the other slide?
Also it is technology.

There were, and then we also talked about them extensively before the actual benchmarks were out.

So why bitch about it and tell people to wait

>get assblasted when they are presented with evidence the card is nothing special
No evidence yet. It comes out 29th.
It is hardly 'nothing special', if it delivers on the level of other, more expensive GPUs.

>It is hardly 'nothing special', if it delivers on the level of other, more expensive GPUs.
Wait I thought there was no evidence?

Oh and, it delivers on the level of other more OLDER expensive gpu's yes. Which again is nothing special that happens every generation, a 970 delivered 780ti performance for less than halve the price, yet Sup Forums thinks it is a shit card

>So why bitch about it and tell people to wait
There must be language barrier or something, because you were the one doing the 'bitching'.
Telling people to wait is kind of the point? It comes out, you can see and read about it. Now it is still mostly speculations, other than the tech specs. How it will actually performs is mystery.

>There must be language barrier or something
No it's just your reading skills
Here some fanboy bitched about talking about the card before benchmarks are out

>Wait I thought there was no evidence?
There are TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS.
Not actual performance benchmarks, but you can probably compare those to the other GPUs on the market and draw a parallel line someplace.
>Oh and, it delivers on the level of other more OLDER expensive gpu's yes. Which again is nothing special that happens every generation, a 970 delivered 780ti performance for less than halve the price, yet Sup Forums thinks it is a shit card
Okay. I still don't see the reason to shit on something that isn't out yet. But hey, that's /tg/ for you. We usually shit on completed products.

I'm shitting on it because Sup Forums is hyping the card into oblivion, when again it's nothing special.

Also hyping it this much is just stupid, it will just disapoint when it might not even be a bad product for the price

>78 under load with a ref cooler is decent

Meanwhile you could be doing 60-65 with a proper dual-fan cooler.

So you anti-hype or what? Because you can just ignore shit and filter shit you don't like to see. IMO it more healthy than what you are doing right now.
I think this is Sup Forums doing the early-bird shilling.

I forgot to add. AMD has given few people reason to upgrade. People who buy low end cards aren't going to rush to upgrade to the 480. They just don't care about performance enough to upgrade until their old card starts giving them issues. For people who buy 970-980 range cards, this is essentially a side grade. AMD is clearly targeting first time buyers here, but PC sales are currently in a huge slump and a lot of those first time buyers that do exist will be looking for a good 1440p/4k/1080p at 144hz capable card. I doubt they'll be raking in cash like people expect from this. If this card sells well, it'll be because of the non-American markets where the Nvidia tax is usually higher due to tariffs and taxes and stuff reducing people's budgets for computers.

If I were AMD, I would have showed *something* of Vega at computer along with the 480 so that people who want something better than a 480 at least have reason to wait instead of getting a 1070/1080.

2 rx480s

checkmate faggot

Well thanks for your opinion

You'll be getting around 130-150% the performance of a single 480 in non DX12 games that way, so you're throwing away the price/performance advantage by doing that. For most people who just want the convenience of a single card configuration, a 1070 is a better value than cross firing two 480s.

>at computer
I meant Computex, fucking auto correct.

ha, me too. pure poetry.

while you're right about more people going for expensive cards, we're still talking about a tiny fraction of the market.
so let's say 6 instead of 5% of GPU buyers go for the highest tier this year. still no big deal.

if you check the stats on steam you'll see that

Thread theme boys
youtube.com/watch?v=EIPggCgYK38

It's a subversive PR campaign backed by nVidia designed to make the RX 480 seem like a failure no matter how good it is.

Think about it. $200 card that beats out cards that launched at twice the price and still sell for significantly more. >waaa It doesn't match a 1070 like that guy said!

Novidiot skrubs buttmad that they paid $1000 for their 1080

thats the 1070 retard

>this dumbass nigger jew retard cerebral palsy lookin ass queer buys reference

*with fan speeds at 30%

But it's still matching stock 980 performance while consuming less power and being a lot less expensive.

It's exactly what AMD said it would be, which is a really great card for its price.

>the 1080 and 1070 sell out literally within minutes of going on sale because demand is so high
No, they sell out within minutes because retailers only received 4 (four) cards each. Nvidia did a PAPER launch with abysmal yields and non-existent stock.

WHERE ARE THE 460 BENCHMARKS

IT'S LAUNCHING SAME DAY AS 480 AMD CONFIRMED, STILL NO BENCHMARKS!

FUCK OFF

The 1070 hits 2000 mhz, you utter mongoloid

This is what the cooler looks like.

82'C on that tiny heatsink is pretty impressive.

That's a tiny fucking heatsink

looks more like a powerlimit issue to me

Oc'd it will match a stock 980, maybe?

But then again an oc'd 980 will destroy an oc'd 480, and that's a 2 year old card

what the fuck? that piece of shit is capable of cooling a graphics card?

color me impressed

I wouldn't say 87 degrees is capable

We're giving the 87'C benefit of the doubt of being in XF with airflow limitation.

can u imagine what the temps are gonna be with aftermarket coolers tho

not really, the cooler doesn't seem to be capable of dissipating much more than 100W so the thermal limit must be reached way before the power limit is

>passive 480
my diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

It's also a lot more expensive than an RX 480.

What I'm more interested in is that new OC tool AMD are supposedly introducing along with the RX 480. Maybe you'll finally be able to OC the Fury cards with it.

You're not going to be doing 150W with a passive cooler

Release date when?

If I want to underclock it and run it on a passive cooler with 380X performance, that's my choice.

It's a 2 year old card, ofcourse it was more expensive

I hope the fans turn off on Polaris cards (RX 460 at the very least) until it hits a certain temp. I know you can set up a custom fan curve but it should be default setting.

It is still more expensive, even with the recend price cuts.

That's just whats left in stock though, it's not a good comparison

It draws 147W at 1322 MHz clock.

Guess we'll really have to wait for AIB cards with higher power targets to see the OC limit of this card.

at stock it's 110W. That's within passive cooling territory

do you have sauce on that ?

1080's and 1070 sell out so fast because nvidia paper launched a chip so huge their manufacturer can't get decent yields and hence there is an almost nonexistent supply.

GPU-Z readout of some chinks. Not very reliable

Could you jury rig a closed loop cpu cooler on that?

GPU-z sensor readout screenshot.
Which is silly because that shit is highly inaccurate.

I keep hearing this, but googling it just turns up speculation in forum posts with no actual sources.

If the GPU is specified to function at 100°C, 87°C is well within operating range and hence the cooler is capable of doing its job, which is to keep the GPU in its operating temp range.
Whether 87°C is too much for your arbitrary standards is entirely irrelevant.

youtu.be/Iegpwo9SqSg