Tfw you fell for the "AMD has better performance per dollar" meme

>tfw you fell for the "AMD has better performance per dollar" meme

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/zfpxr7
pcpartpicker.com/list/vwspbj
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It literally does. Find me a brand new intel processor that matches the GPU and multi-core CPU performance of an A7-7600 APU for $80 or less.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

dumb frogposter

*A8-7600

But it has more Hz per $

But it only has 2x2 MB of L2 cache...

okay and? What does this have to do with real world use?

When I can put together a system with more than 3x the performance for far less than 2x the price, that's rather poor performance/dollar.

>He fell for the "CPU Cache means nothing" meme

Elaborate please? Not judging just curious.

These Athlon 845s have a pretty crazy price:perf:watts ratio. They're Carrizo APUs that had defects in the GPU, so they're sold as desktop quad cores. They're 65W and outperform a Phenom IIx4. Higher IPC than anything else AMD is selling right now. If I was building a kid a cheapo gaming PC, or was building a home server/theater PC, I would definitely use one of these. Ultimate poorfag CPU at the moment imo.

Intel won't burn my house down.
I don't buy AMD because I can't afford to be poor and make cheap purchases that'll break on me a week after warranty period.

Previous fx8350 owner, never hat problems with heat while using the hyper 212, currently using a 5820k though

Yup. There's "performance per dollar" and then there's just fucking sheer flat out performance, and that's where Intel wins.

Stock cooler was a turbine with 2 heatpipes to stop it from throttling.

Have no issue using my i5 4460 on the stock heatsink which is smaller and barely makes any noise.

8350 only wins in multi thread, and it was 4 years too early, which is a lifetime and a half for CPUs.

>you fell for the "AMD has better performance per dollar" meme
Glad I did

>Find me a brand new intel processor

Why new? It's an arbitrary restriction which has no bearing in the real world.

If you dip into the market of used CPUs it's easy. Xeon X5650 or e5-2670 simply crush it.

Put together an APU build.

A hyper 212 is literally 30 bucks though, why would you ever use a stock heatsink?

Okay done:
pcpartpicker.com/list/zfpxr7

Only $223, includes A8 7600, 8GB of RAM, a 320GB HDD, and room for a dedicated graphics card to crossfire with the APU's iGPU.

Because I don't want a 125w chip when I can get the same, and sometimes better performance for the same price with less power consumption and heat output.

30 dollars is the difference between 8gb and 16gb ddr3.

Is the RX480 having GTX980 performance for $200 just a meme?

Yes. It's between a 970 and 390x on dx11.

pcpartpicker.com/list/vwspbj

3x faster (with 3x the space) for less than 2x the price.

So why go with intel when you can just buy the $109 for the APU build, get 1.5X more FPS, and save ~$100 in the process?

Look man, I'm not saying intel is bad, their processors are great for $500-$1000 builds. But intel has no place in the budget gaming sector. intel clearly loses here because you're spending more for less.

You can't crossfire a 370 with an APU, and the i3 is twice as good as the APU.
APU is really bad performance for the money, AND it gets even worse if you try to upgrade it.

>You can't crossfire a 370 with an APU
You literally can.

>and the i3 is twice as good as the APU.
In single thread yeah but most games aren't horribly optimized pieces of shit like Arma 3.

>APU is really bad performance for the money
The A8-7600 is less than 80 fucking dollars and includes an iGPU good enough to play ganes on medium-high 720p settings. intel has nothing to compete against this.

>AND it gets even worse if you try to upgrade it.
What the fuck does that even mean? You can pop in an Rx 480 in the APUs PCI-express 16x slot and have 0 problems and great FPS.

The fact that DX12 is multi-core friendly doesn't help intel.

Nope, only 240 and 250 are supported. So enjoy overpaying for sub-par performance and microstutter.

>being proud of 720p gaming
user...

You could have just mentioned how it handles bf4 on medium settings 1080p, but nah you gotta make that poor APU look bad.

lmao this "amd is better" meme is delicious I can't believe people are actually so easily tricked into buying such an inferior product. Sounds like they're all liberals.

Not defending liberals but you know trump is an utter dumbass right? He made his companies go bankrupt 4 fucking times. 4. fucking. times.

If you're gonna represent conservatives use a better representative.

>>tfw you fell for the "AMD has better performance per dollar" meme
It's only a meme if you game. My 8350 and 970 are comfy as fuck for everything else.

you realize trump IS a liberal, right?

I'm voting trump because I don't want my country run by some frigid bitch with fucked up hormones

but it does user

>Nvidia GPU and AMD CPU
Serial killer detected

async display > fps > resolution

in that order of importance.

>e5-2670
motherboard for this and getting everything up and going is a mothefucker though.

great cpu, but fuck me the bullshit you have to go through.

is it really.
fuck

What the fuck is wrong with you

>using a gtx 970 unironically for anything else than gaming

There's nothing more complicated about it other than paying $100 more for a motherboard than usual.

Or just buy a system that already has it all installed.

dumb frogposter

from what i can find, several hundred more, none of which work with a normal psu, and the best way to be sure you are getting something good is buy a pre built dell and rip the cpu out of it and replace it.

the async display is something you will never understand till you have used one, then down clocked the cpu so the game runs just at the minimum the one i used advertised 40-144, but really was 18-23 as a minimum frame rate... jesus christ, you have no idea how playable the game was, and this was coming off playing it at little over 120 fps. shit is weird.

then there is fps in general, again, its not something you realise till till you use it in person, 120/144 fps improves every aspect of using a computer.

now, another fun one is tn vs ips... im going to have to say, if you have a way to calibrate the monitor, a good tn will match non pro ips in terms of color, personally, after seeing the 144hz freesync we have, i no longer give a fuck about ips displays, however, contrast is a major thing, making sure you are over 1000:1 is a must (or 1:1000 i forget how that number works)

finally comes resolution, this is the least noticeable thing when it comes to how good a display looks.

socking, i know, the 144 is a 1440p monitor, and honestly, freesync and the higher refresh rate matter so much more than a bit of hardware embedded AA, hell, because the monitor isn't mine, nor is the computer, the faggot decided to put every setting to the max and add in an aa pass to boot, so the framerate in more intensive games goes below 60, i would personally push the fps as high as it can go, but that retard wouldn't let me turn down shit to see games running at max frames.